Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Re: goonmans, is it only a few of us that get huge performance decay 'because of the plugin'? If it is, what did the rest of you do to make it better?I like goonmans obviously for the positive vibes and friendly atmosphere but halfway through a match I get dips into the 20fps area when anyone fires a gun.

Is this something I can change clientside?

e: VV thanks, will try this.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Context: I am a lovely gold nova.

Do you guys find you have more on/off games with the awp than with other rifles? I feel like I'm pretty much always at the same level when rifling but when I'm the team's awp I'm either on fire and untouchable or doing very poorly and looking to go back to rifling.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

qhat posted:

That's probably because your aim sucks and you rely too heavily on twitch shots.

Actually that's pretty accurate most of my kills are flicks.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I've literally never seen a timeout called that wasn't for griefing.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I feel like at this level everyone has a very similar ability to aim and yeah the strategy is where you'll have teams differentiate themselves.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This is awesome, what is it?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

I Installed CS for the first time off a free CD from PC Gamer that also had the Gamespy client on it. It's not possible to be cooler than that.

I dropped out of my first degree program basically because I played 1.6 24/7 in residence with all the other dudes. TOP THAT

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Honestly how big is the gap between most global elite players and average pros? Seeing as pros seem to lose GE matches at about the same rate as anyone else at that rank.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bike parts.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I actually really like the aesthetic of the new nuke but only played one casual match on there so far. Did they move toxic to a different wall?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

qhat posted:

I like it, but I haven't tested it on my PC yet. I'll be super disappointed if I'm getting less than 144 FPS.

I'm getting 144 on it no problem. 980ti though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Whats with all the high fps chat. My monitor is a 60hz monitor, so I run at 60hz. How is 80hz 'hell'? Does everyone in this thread have a 144444444444hz pro-l337-sk337 gam1ng PHAYTALETY monitor or something?

Yeah I do have that monitor basically. It makes a substantial difference honestly to my enjoyment although I freely admit it's a luxury item.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

My steamid is 6 digits (3xxxxx) and I'm only gold nova, where do I submit the form to correct my rank?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Some update now?

e: ANIMATED BACKGROUND

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I hope at the next lan freak has to go up to the casting bench and say 5 nice things about s1mple.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Just experimenting with making gifs. How large a file is normally OK to embed?

e:

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 21, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

The Kins posted:

Just paste the Imgur direct URL into your post and add a "v" to the end (so .gifv) and the forums will embed a nice HTML5 video version that's lower filesize.

Like so! This is just 3mb, compared to the 40mb nightmare you posted.
http://i.imgur.com/768WAN7.gifv

Thanks!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

bad day posted:

I usually play fps games on easy, because its more fun to die less - at least for me. I bought CS:GO during the steam sale. I am terrible at counter-strike.

Are you enjoying it? It's a great game.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you're looking to get the basics down in short order play a bunch of arms race and/or deathmatch, and focus as much as you can on always having your xhair in a useful position.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

While griefers exist at every rank, people intentionally grief themselves down to silver so it's not entirely true to imply that you'd encounter that stuff as much at high ranks. I noticed a huge improvement when I got out of silver.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

symbolic posted:

I ran 70-80 frames on average at, like, 10 ping. I feel like my framerate is one of the reasons why I have trouble, but I also have really lovely reaction time and hand-eye coordination. I cannot trace a moving target to save my life, nor aim at a head from a distance more than, say, d2 b window to tunnels exit. I've tried forcing myself, but even then my body just works against me. 'Tis the life I lead.

We all start there, turning down sensitivity is the single biggest thing you can do to make tracking etc way easier.

You're probably LMG anyways.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If they're smart they'll just fly here to Canada and then go down to the states just like all your terrorists.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Antares posted:

did arms race come about because someone told valve they couldn't possibly gently caress up a gun game mode

It used to be fun and good.

e: Just lost a game where a hacker on the other team had the website he got the hacks from in his tag. What the hell valve.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 24, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What makes them want to do that anyways? It's not like they had trouble finding high level teams for these events. I don't understand it as a business choice besides to maybe get into the mainstream media somewhere.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Crain posted:

Again. We could be TF2.

Or even worse: Alien Swarm.

Natural Selection.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Any novas up for games right now? 10:20 pacific time.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

loving great av/name combo.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm still poo poo at the game and still nova and everyone at the same rank as me seems just as poo poo as they were before the patch so I'm not convinced anything happened.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chocolatebuddha posted:

So its been a while since I played CSGO but some friends and I have gotten back into it. It seems like there's a lot more hackers then there ever was.

Not much aim hacking but super obvious wallhacking is everywhere. For you long time CSGOers is there more hacking going on right now or is this the norm?

Feels like the norm. If you guys are just getting back into it you're probably just being wallbanged and prefired.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Isn't this a major? Are there stream drops?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Lol ninja defuse.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I wish the number of people who cared about being decent human beings was even half the number of people who care about a video gamer's mouse settings.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You guys having FPS drops on nuke do you use a video card from the last 5 years in your PCs? CSGO is notoriously low on requirements right?

E: or is this people with laptops without a dedicated GPU having trouble?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Depths posted:

The game is badly optimized, with my 980 and 4,5ghz 2500k I drop below 200 often on the new maps, even on cache. Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

It is for those of us playing at 144 with g-sync which that guy probably is.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 9, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mcvey posted:

Just get a Deathadder

Yeah this. I have big hands also and the deathadder is perfect for palming.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you're needing a headset/headphones, just buy the nicest headphones in your price range and then get a seperate mic, or a mod mic. Most headsets aren't that great for listening to music/non game media and you'll thank yourself for investing in decent AKG/Senn/Shure set that will last you years.

Check for sales on AKG 271 mkii's. Sometimes they're 60% off on Amazon.

E: uh to fit this thread Shure 1540@.70 volume

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 17, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

I've said it before but the Sennheisers I wear are unbelievably comfortable. They have a pretty huge range in products too, I have something on the low end and I still haven't been disappointed.

Yeah low end senns are going to be a lot more comfortable and higher quality than ~gamer~ headsets at the same or a bit higher price points.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I have that exact model deathadder (I've had it for 5-6 years with no issues). Something to be aware of is the plastic under those two side buttons is piano finish and is gross. I put a felt cabinet stopper thing there for my thumb to rest on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I recently stopped playing for 8+ months and got inactive-deranked right down into the silvers. If anyone would like to join the sealclubbing back up to gold nova something PM me or add me on steam, same username as here.