Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jeza posted:

Best Major final ever I think?

Only been watching since MLG Columbus, but I think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Astralis beating MIBR 16-0 is some :psyduck: poo poo

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Liquid choke is still real

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So Astralis is bad again now? Maybe this will make the finals less predictable.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

RIP to my (and apparently everyone else's) pick'ems.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I don't know what I expected but man that was still a brutal stomp.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

drat, Kenny, that's gotta suck.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is this the same caster who had a gamer moment on stream or someone else?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/michau9_/status/1310489151633002497

A ton of Brazilian and EU/CIS coaches caught here, nobody from NA.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Smol posted:

I haven’t been following the CS scene lately. Is ESIC a big deal? I have never heard about them.

The bans will be enforced specifically for the tournament organizers that are part of the ESIC. This means any of the banned coaches can't participate in ESL, Dreamhack, or Blast tournaments as an example. While they can't enforce the bans outside of their member orgs, it's being recommended that other orgs recognize the bans for the sake of competition integrity.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jeza posted:

Unless it's different now, you'd get free to open souvenir boxes for watching the Majors on Twitch (or elsewhere).

It's different now that the game went free to play. Now you have to buy a viewer pass and complete challenges, which are a mix of in game activities and also playing the major pickems and getting your picks correctly.

All of the really really old stuff has exploded in price just due to time and artificial scarcity so if you have skins and stickers from like 3 or 4 years ago it's likely worth much more than it was then.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnuxLxQdin0

Amazing that it was a complete whiff every time given the possibility of shots landing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ChrisJ continues to die on the stupidest loving hill.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jks needs to get signed to a team that can properly use him. He's been so good as a Faze stand-in compared to the walking disaster that was Complexity.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So after years of just slumming it in casual and watching majors in GOTV I'm finally bothering to do my competitive placements despite owning the game since it came out. My main question is am I supposed to be seeing wild swings in who I get matched against? I usually do okay against silvers and the highest rank I've won against is GN2 but I will get pit against much higher ranks (DMG, LE etc the highest was 2 SMFC) and get demolished , is this a normal part of the placement process?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I managed to finish my placements at silver elite even though my aim and crosshair placement still needs a lot of work and I'm just not used to any map except dust 2 but I've played dust 2 on and off for like 20 years...

I thought my matches would even out a little more but yesterday I got 3 in a row of a mix of Silver's and GNs and the GNs would destroy me but my team would somehow eke ahead. And then for whatever reasons the other team would end up quitting so we would win and I ranked up off of that. :shrug:

The funniest one was on inferno where the other team had a GN4 and SEM who ended up tking their teammates enough to make them all leave. NA CS I guess.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fallen's team was the last one to qualify for Rio, so now every member of that old SK lineup will be attending the first Brazilian major :unsmith:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

My last mirage match was us being utterly stomped by a LE who plays mirage almost exclusively.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

My pickems are hosed but this has been the most wide open major in a while, kinda fun that way.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Given how their semi final is going right now it's entirely possible.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

NA CS is back

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm fairly convinced that even expert bots are dumbed down compared to Condition Zero's bots but either way they're still not going to move and shoot like real human opponents. I don't think you can play unranked if you can't queue for ranked yet, but unranked 5v5 is probably the closest to the 'real thing' in terms of learning purposes. Casual isn't good for actually learning the game since the player numbers and economy are way different.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

knuthgrush posted:

I've got a SP7+... don't threaten me with a good time.

Related: I just looked up skin port and there were some items upwards of $4000. The children have ruined video games. :bahgawd:

As if it's children who can afford $4000 for a knife and not old people who played CSGO as a youth and now have jobs.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They haven't been random drops since Kato 2019, and you have been able to buy as many drops as you want since Stockholm.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vertiglobals literally in ruins.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What if this is another Aug/ssg situation and the xm was actually always good? Makes you think.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Jedi posted:

-Gotta relearn how to nade throw cause I'm underthrowing everything compared to csgo

CS2 lineups are pretty close to the old 128 tick lineups from CSGO so if you already knew those you're set for everything but Overpass and Inferno which changed geometry. If you only knew lineups for MM in CSGO then you just gotta aim a little higher in most cases.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Cs2: valve ruined my knife :saddowns:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Budzilla posted:

Counter Strike 2: The 3 Rs. Russians, Rushing and Racism.

If you want to buy a high end item now is probably the time since there is some panic selling of items going on.

Oh yeah definitely. I waited until final release to see how certain things changed or not before buying some stuff. It's only been a few days and the prices keep trending down, especially stuff that was being hoarded like fades and dopplers. It was inevitable when everybody's advice was "don't sell until CS2 releases."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Budzilla posted:

People who hoarded skins before CS2's release now selling, some panic selling because CS2's release is a little underwhelming, colours of certain knives look kind of stuffed atm especially dopplers. I think the knives' colour look nicer in CS2. It is a temporary dip, if I was in the market to buy something expensive (I am not) I would buy it now or soon before Valve corrects things or the maket corrects itself.

Honestly all the new dopplers look better except sapphires, which I'm convinced are just bugged. Look at a phase 3 (timestamp 3m20s) versus a sapphire (time stamp 3m50s) in this video and tell me that's not just the same texture on both. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKBew3VxE6Q

The phase 3 in CSGO was a mix of green, blue and brown and you can still see it reflected in the CS2 version. Sapphires in CSGO were dark purple-ish blue but this is just the same green/blue/brown except it sells on 3rd party sites for as much as a car. Valve has made adjustments to skins with every patch this past week and I expect they aren't done.

Also wrt prices, I would expect a further dip around the Steam winter sale and especially if they release a new operation. I'm surprised we didn't get one with the CS2 release.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Do you mean Inferno? Because from what I've seen, people have been nerding out about learning new Inferno. Like Valve literally made more changes to smokes to counter some of the nerd poo poo people were pulling off in the beta.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

hbag posted:

you can smoke window from t spawn? seems a little far

Yes. The highest levels of play involves being able to throw such a smoke from where you spawned in, which is memorizing a dozen different lineups.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They enjoy ruining it for other people.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Just having at least one other person with you to go into the MM queue is great. There've been occasions when randoms tried to start poo poo in voice chat and the other person I was queued with helped shut that poo poo down. They also can't votekick you since they won't have enough votes with 3.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah I thought the whole point was "we never reverse for any reason".

Ok just checked: "VAC bans are permanent, non-negotiable, and cannot be removed by Steam Support. VAC bans can not be appealed."

At the end of that twitter post they literally say that anyone vac banned because of the AMD issue will be unbanned.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can also sell that stuff for real money but nobody is paying extra for faze stickers.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vahakyla posted:

Incorrect. Every item must be stattrak.

Now give me stattrak gloves and bomb.

What would you even count with stattrak gloves?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

PirateBob posted:

I'm not about to pay a single dollar for any skin. I just want to unlock whatever rewards I've earned. Without paying.

All the skins that can be free drops are by design very plain, so if that's not an issue you can just rely solely on the weekly drops until you fill out your inventory.

No cases can be unlocked without paying money in some fashion; you either buy the keys to unlock them or you pay extra upfront with souvenirs or the Anubis case.

The thing about CS skins compared to other poo poo is there's always a way to get at least some, if not all, of your money back.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pandaal posted:

Certain cases eventually drop less frequently or stop dropping altogether. If there’s 10,000 cases on the market and no new ones on the way, that number is only ever going to go down. If the case has something desirable in it, the demand will stay the same while the supply only continues to drop. Prices stonk.

The “Weapon Case” was the OG case when they introduced skins and afaik stopped dropping years ago. One case is currently $100+.

The only cases that never drop any more are the cases from the most recent operations and the old esports cases, so Broken Fang, Shattered Web and Riptide along with the esports 2013/2014 cases. Everything else including the OG cases has a very small chance to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only time I've ever found the AWP annoying is in casual mode because people can spawn in with $10,000 and then CT side is just like 10 AWPs.