Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

Dear Diary,

yesterday I played in my first goonman. It was fun! I got eight or nine kills and we tied. I did not drop the ball too badly. My GPL or whatever went up by 2.82 and I was told that is A Lot.

Nice! Looks like we got another "don't vote me captain" in the making :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I use a Zalman clip on mic I bought on sale for $3.00 on Amazon. The mic sits in between my Razor Blackwidow keyboard and Steelseries qck+ mousepad because it isn't able to wrap itself around the thick, durable wire that Sennheiser HD 598s provide. It could probably clip onto a Logitech SMD 420 or whatever but there's no point if you're not promised that Sennheiser quality.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

A bomb takes ~4 seconds to plant. It takes me 1 second to hit 2 chat binds while still in play time.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

When it bugs and I don't get the sound for planting or defusing does nobody hear it around me or just me

Just you

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

One year strong today

CS:GO has never looked so good

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Inferno has the best chickens imo

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

NA could learn a lot from Brazil, such as how to be #1

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

My problem with the "ask yourself why you died" thing is my answer is always "the other guys are loving cheating!"

Play like they aren’t cheating and they just have incredible gamesense + aim

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Affi posted:

Ugh reported my first player today. It became more and more apparent that he was cheating as the turns dragged on. It went beyond "this guy is a lot better then me" into "why on earth is he constantly clutching games by counter ambushing ambushers."

Maybe he was just plain better. Maybe. But he played like he knew where we were.

Assure your teammates that [suspect] is just some turbo nerd who has way too much time on their hands as you silently report them

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://twitter.com/ThatsMrBio/status/956564321982713857

Eleague has a lot to learn about production values

This is quality

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

[bittervet voice] nuke is a strategically stale map, especially since 1.6 wallbangs are gone and I miss buying ammo every round and firing into metal for 45 seconds man those were the days

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Cant wait for c9 to choke tomorrow

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

surc posted:

Hey I'm no FMPONE, but I'm proud of the fact that I spent the last week diving into hammer and putting together a v1 of an updated dust 2 duels map because I'm sick of there being literally no duels servers in NA. It's still got some minor graphical stuff with meshes but should be playable.
If anybody's up for giving it a shot you can play it on 96.253.53.135:27016 (Server provided by cool dude Photex during testing), I've got it in rotation with the official boomeo maps as well at the moment.

It's also uh, like 270mb pre-optimization, so you might want to download it beforehand if you want to play: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1317939706

Sounds dope, I’ll check it out when I get back home tonight

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ArmZ posted:

wow I haven't played in awhile but vertigo seems like garbage now I liked it before

that’s just called growing up

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

1.1@800

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

osker posted:

A 2 song video? In skateboarding you have to bring the bangers to do that. V good tho

the scout is the skateboard of cs:go

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

The biggest thing for getting better for me was playing goonmans.

i want to believe

goonmans are a lot of fun

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

hopefully my family and loved ones are cool and won’t throw me into a COD or Madden retirement home in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

I don't think I'd still be playing CSGO if I had to play it through matchmaking.

See the light today https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

:same:

goonmans are a lotta fun