Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

At 13-1 how do cloud9 have so little money after their buy??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

creatine posted:

Ahh gotcha. I was jumping around the foreign language rooms and just saw it said in chat.

Those french guys were great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I was hoping this would be a video about Aztec. Was happy to be wrong.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've bought this game and am terrible at it. May I join the goon steam group?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I bought and played I think six competitve matches today. Drew two, lost two, won two. The friendliest game was one with some kids that sounded about 12 and stayed super positive even though we blew a lead and tied. Wasn't expecting that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Thom and the Heads posted:

watching a crowd stand completely still while an edm guy does his thing owns and i hope they keep doing these weird esports/edm crossovers

maps will be cache, cbble and dancefloor.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This pre-game hype man is garbage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Vertigo was actually a really bad map

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

mcvey posted:

Delete your maps and workshop folders. Frees up 10gb+ and you'll see an increase in fps.

Doesn't this mean you'd have to redownload all the maps though?

I've only had a few really bad teammates, but tonight one guy voted to kick someone in the second round of the game, after we lost pistol and the kick-ee didn't win a 4v1.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Smol posted:

How calling out positions to rotating teammates work in pugs:

Someone kills me from X.
Me: "One at X"
20 seconds later, the teammate is finally arriving, and the opponent kills him from Y.
Teammate: "He wasn't at X!!!"
Me: "..."

This happened to me in a random game. The guy was so pissed at me for calling what was correct at the time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was the guy who yelled faze up walking into a game store a cs player or a different game? If he was cs then I want faze to lose all their games forever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That second half on nuke between envyus and mousesports was ridiculous.

G2 lost the pistol but Shox got 4 kills, one with a knife against NiP. AWP second round o_O

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 12, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is ESL pro league offline?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This casting crew for ECS matches is terrible.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Having other teams do commentary is pretty entertaining

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The music between games is pretty good. I like that for vegas they did showtunes type stuff and for austin it's country. Still wish they'd put the song names up though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This game gets a lot better when you remember you can mute the kid screaming a repeatedly in your ear

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A TURGID FATSO posted:

unironic "HE'S THERE!!!" call

he's coming! Kill him! Go a go a go a go a *incoherent screaming drowns out all game sounds*

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That first faze-astralis map was pretty drat good

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BMX tricks can be pretty cool, I'm just not sure a CSGO tournament is the place for it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The 2v2 stuff seems pretty chill, but it'd be nice if they did more of the non-traditional maps. aim map could be fun, but it'd be nice to see prodigy or something.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Popelmon posted:

Anyone from the EU in high silver/low gold? Just started to play MM and it would be nice to have a buddy :shobon:.

I'm bottom tier gold. Don't play too often, but down for some games :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Photex posted:

In a few hours we will find out how ESL sneak in VP to Pro League

Well hellraisers just rolled Penta, so there's one team VP shouldn't have to worry about. Does VP break up if they get sent down?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Always bugs me that they never put song titles up during breaks. ESL, ECS, dreamhack, none of them....

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Anyone better than you is hacking, duh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah, the pro player's team isn't baiting him every single round!!!!!!!

Man we were on a 3v1 on cache, both sites clear and the bomb guy was hanging around T spawn. Eventually we yell at him to come to A, so he gets there with like 5 seconds left. I hear him start to plant the bomb, then see him run away and we lose the round. The CTs couldn't understand what happened.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Even if you get the case don't you have to buy a key to open it?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fnatic have a gone a little crazy in ot. Auto sniper and two awps in the first round, three awps in the third round

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That was a very long game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Goonmans are pretty friendly. I played a few and regularly shat out about 3 or 4 kills in a match, but everyone was pretty supportive

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I played dust_2 for the first time in goonmans and was told I was probably the only player in all of CS never to have played it. I promptly got like 3 kills the whole game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Terrific Accident posted:

This is like if you were a smash bros player and had never played on Final Destination

When I played with my friends years ago we played custom maps for fun, then when I bought CSGO dust2 had just rotated out. Never came up in the queue.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

New high score in a goonman. I got nine kills, mostly thanks to my team telling me what to do. My team literally had to tell me to shoot a guy whose hand was sticking out of some smoke.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How often do goonmans happen? I'll pick up the server from sub.io, but where do people sort of congregate beforehand?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Luna Was Here posted:

Afaik refu, swift, and partybrian5000 are the only Eu gunes and only refu frequently goonmans

I'm a EU goon as well

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

surc posted:

I mean it's not like a boltz style custom or anything it's just 1366x768

That's fairly laptop standard isn't it? I think I run that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

ive won 6 in a row now and yet gabe still refuses to rank me up???

He's too busy carrying you through those games!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ThePeavstenator posted:

Negatives of slogging through silver games:
-lots of children
-lots of random racism
-people don't know calls even on popular maps
-too much talking
-no one manages their money

Positives:
-My $5 skins and knife I got for free get constantly complemented
-The enemy team also has the same kind of people
-It's incredibly easy to frag those people

That said, ranking up is still taking loving forever.

I find children are way more chill than adults. Adults just start swearing or get super passive aggressive immediately.
Managing money is true though. Always look at the others and end ip "oh guess we're going for it again. Another bizon/ump it is"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What's the point of boosting in a hacker game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

6.5) Learn to shift-walk sometimes so dudes can't hear you

Walk all the time until goons yell at you to not walk.