Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Wait, they finally fixed Let's Roll-oll? :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

What the gently caress was that

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

Why is Lumi called SK gaming now, this is garbage

Why is AT&T called Cingular now, this is garbage

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Anyone play this on a laptop? I was thinking of setting up a 144hz screen with a second PC, since mine is connected to a 50" currently and a 24" screen and setup won't work out the best, and I could use a laptop otherwise.

Was thinking about something with a display port output to properly use a gaming monitor instead of HDMI, but trying to find any idea if a 960M or a 970M runs this well hasn't been easy.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I'm guessing it's hardware since it's a brand new thing, but anyone have any ideas on what would cause this so I can avoid RMA hassle if it is a software problem?

New computer, fresh Windows out of the box, updated video drivers, install Steam, install CS, verify CS successfully.

Load any map offline, no bots, can barely walk across a map before the screen goes black, followed shortly by a hard lock.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Does this only happen in CS? If not then I'd give it a fresh reinstall or possibly try and rollback your GPU drivers.

I think I'm stuck with the RMA. After spending a while with drivers and such, I gave into waiting an hour for Windows to do its thing with a fresh wipe/recovery/whatever it's called in Win10, then went straight to a driver update, Steam install, CS install, verification of CS to the same result. I've only tested CS as being connected over mDP to a 144Hz screen and spending time Netflix in bed are going to be how 98% of its operation time is spent. e: before the Windows re-do, I rolled back drivers to an older set that was hosted from Asus themselves and same thing persisted

Goofballs posted:

It also sounds like overheating, if it doesn't happen in some system intensive game maybe not. The tech savy goons in this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774409&pagenumber=80#lastpost could probably help a bunch if you give them your specs and details.

Overheating is plausible with how it acts, but this is going from a time frame of launch game, load map, run around map. It's going blank and then locking up literally in less than 2 minutes of game play. Either way for a brand new gaming branded laptop if it's overheating this quickly that's not something I'm going to tear into to fix, it's going back.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Yeah I've got my solid built desktop in my basement, but that's wired to a 50" plasma. This laptop is being used to connect to a new speedy LCD panel for CS and other laptopish stuff. If the replacement also shits the bed, then I'm just going to get a big screened tablet, put together a small ITX box for this monitor and be done with the current idea.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I guess he overcame a pretty serious speech impediment wrt stuttering. Probably took him years of therapy to even get to this point. I'm sure he'll get faster eventually

Stuttering sucks. It hit me hard in high school and still acts up occasionally and I'm 30 now. Like at times I'll just have to stop and substitute in a different word when one just doesn't want to come out of my mouth.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

Played 2 comp games last night. The 1st in weeks that I can remember. It went... well. Surprisingly my team actually communicated, got serious when we started to lose a couple of rounds. Maybe I'll come back to comp full time.

Did you lose your rank? I've played this week for the first time since the summer and it put me in at S6 where I've been dropping 40s as a result

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

sterster posted:

Yes, my rank had dropped again down to S4. I was pretty drunk and in the high 20's for kills. It's kind of fun to play comp and not really care. I think this is why I got burnt out on it so hard and went to OW land. Being an aggressive T awper is pretty easy because people cant hit their shots at this level. Good times. I might try to play again because I'm burnt on OW now.
I'm Glass if you remember; I'll be on most nights again, 7-8P EST

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

WhatDo posted:

Any chance the nova gang needs a backup?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GNFU

e: for the rest of the fellas, I'll be unavailable tonight but I'll be good to go tomorrow. If you see me playing Civ6 toss me an invite and I'll switch games

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Goofballs posted:

You never saw what low ranked games were like before they implemented it. Every second game had 1-2 guys straight destroying the newbies because they kept putting csgo on sale for five euros. The gap between an experienced half decent players and new/bad players is utterly gigantic and when a game takes 30-45 minutes to play out on average you can make people absolutely miserable. While smurfing still happens, I have 2 fun accounts, its nothing like the plague it was back in the day.
It helped, but games were still lovely far too often.

Prime is really the best thing they've done so far.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I think I'm at 1x800 for senschat, might go from a qck to a qck+ now that I have more room with my current setup, it's just over a 180 using the full 12" width of this pad

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

cosmicprank posted:

oh thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

i'm only a gold nova 2 so if there's any lower skill goons who is now albeit vocal and competitive, go ahead and add me for some games tonight :)

Got you fam, you see Glass on tonight let's click some heads

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Prime only matches first to cut back on the frequency of it, report poo poo that's suspicious, don't complain about it, and just play your game until it's done. If you let that poo poo tilt you it'll carry over and ruin your night.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

EvilBeard posted:

I think it's hard to say with vanilla skins. Getting gloves that coordinate with your common skins (ak/m4/awp/pistols) probably makes it look quite a bit less jarring.

Those blue/black driver gloves would match my Guardian USP and M4

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Tevery Best posted:

:siren: Magiskboy got two kills against SK with the SG553 :siren:

edit: REBOUGHT IT

he's putting in work with that rifle

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Smol posted:

Comeback is real :denmark:

WHAT UP NOW BRAZILIANS

WOOOOOOOOO

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Get Right rocking that Semmler stache

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

fyallm posted:

Everything is prime.. But I did take a break for like 2-3 months.

I stopped playing from either June/July through October and went from a nova something to silver 5 or 6, but in the last month have bounced back up to between nova 3 and 4 a couple times, so yeah, the decay is real. I spent like 3 weeks with a 2:1 or better K:D ratio shittin on silvers and low novas nearly every match

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Welcome to the down part of the curve.

this entire chart just took place for me over the past week as my nova Handsome Boys can attest to

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

surc posted:

I'm glad somebody told me who you are because I'm bad at forum > game names, also because I don't know if you discord and you were the one dude I couldn't tag, here is our bestest game ever, immortalized:

Yeah my forums name is dumb but that's what happens when you make this poo poo up 15 years ago as a teenager

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

stump collector posted:

as one would expect, CLG is getting blasted by renegades right now. there should be some close games on today, but this is not one of them.

O RLY

e: bardolph is still my favorite caster

metallicaeg fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 16, 2016

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

WHAT UP NOW SWEDES WOOOOOOOOOOOO

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

stump collector posted:

godsent are kicking rear end right now what the heck is going on

I don't know but I don't like it

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Up Circle posted:

why are all swedes so sexy

Have you seen JW and his mile long chin?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I seem to play worse all jittery and hopped up on caffeine; if I'm having a beer or two or am sipping on whiskey I'm much more chill I seem to be better

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Depths posted:

State your rank, sens and choice of drugs before you give an opinion

MG1, .8@800, Eagle Rare bourbon

opinion:

your just bad

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

last night I had GOONS say that my sens was too low

during a 4K pistol round (that we lost)

where I ended up dropping 33 on cache with an ace (that we easily won)

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I used to pretty much auto report any dinosower tag I saw since they were always sketchy as hell, but that was back in my pre-prime silver and nova days

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

symbolic posted:

Keep doing that.

I can't remember the last one I've come across

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

monitor chat:

I have an LG 24GM77 which is arguably superior but tough to find at a good price

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

What rank are you guys? Just curious where the bar for entry is when it comes to getting a team together for tourny stuff. I was in a goonman with a couple Handsome Boys last week.

We're high nova/low MG

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

good luck, handsome boys!

what maps are you playing?

Inferno tonight, assuming the other team shows

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Photex posted:

there hasn't been a VAC wave since the 25th, GabeN hates us.

he's holding off for source 2/next operation/improved VAC/128 tick servers

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

They won $200,000 while wearing sweatpants.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

and it's not unheard of for sports matches to run for 2-3 hours

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Salean posted:

So this just happened

:catstare:

So how do I sell this

Send it to me and I'll take care of the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Buller posted:

Good play but cut your drat bangs man

and increase your res