Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Bohemian Nights posted:

haha, a copied post, how embarrassing for me~. It's just bullshit from my steam profile

I actually use a BenQ 24" XL2411Z which I recommend to anyone as a cheap entry level 144hz but tbh I'm kind of starting to want something bigger

I grabbed Dell's SG2716DG recently, a 27" 1440/144 with Gsync and after adjusting the settings to get rid of the defaults which are hella washed out, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Photex posted:

I bet that thing does about 200hz at 1024x768

I wouldn't know since I don't have high power hardware to run games on a resolution suitable for a TI-89.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

gfuel.png

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

stump collector posted:

guessing he has a 6800k or better, pretty much anyone I know using a 4690k or 4790k and 970 can't get over 250 fps. me, hellraiser, garfu included if i'm remembering their pcs correctly. i think there's something hosed with all of the 2014 releases of the i5 and i7, specifically for csgo. what are you using, photex?

I run a 4790k and had no issue at 1080 topping out at 300 with a 970 before that 970 took a poo poo last week. I don't think I was holding 300 at 1440 on my current monitor though.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Even that tattoo is at 800x600

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I thought it was Photex that got the tattoo since he was always on hiko's dick

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Negev should just be removed or forgotten. The mechanics of this game, the maps, the 5v5 nature, none of it applies itself to a situation where a long machine gun with 150 round drums is a good choice.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Yeah, real boring.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

stump collector posted:

15 minutes ago: operation

what's an operation?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Positioning and working to your own strengths. If you have clowns overwhelming you in close up fights with SMGs then set yourself up for distances that work to your favor with a rifle, and angles that work to your advantage so that you get the first shot at them.

Utility as well, but that's also somewhat dependent on a functional team to support large CT buys which sounds like you're not getting.

But in the end, unless you happen to be demonstrably more talented than the other 9 people in the server, you're only going to go so far on your own.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

ThePeavstenator posted:

Literally Silver 2. It was Gold Nova before but i didn't play for like 2 years and now I'm slowly ranking back up. Also I'm trying to actually learn CS and get good at it now that the goon Dota community has faded away. I'm winning literally every game with like 30 kills and a bunch of 3-4 kill rounds and saving all the replays.

Eventually I want to use them to make a humorous frag video of MM Peav vs Goonman Peav.

e:

Also who are you on Steam?

After my last 6 month hiatus it placed me in the silvers. Marching back on up through those illustrious ranks I think my peak was 44 kills with more than a handful of other 40+ kill matches.

Now I'd be excited to see DMG for the first time or have Turk spec me in ESEA and not have an aneurysm as a result of my poo poo play

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

nftyw posted:

remember when nobody used the Tec-9 and they had to keep buffing it over and over until people realized it was op

I haven't used it since it had 32 rounds in the mag; CZ and 5-7 for lyfe

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

600 and 650s are more comfortable than the 500 series as well though, but from a sound performance spot yeah for games not really a difference you'll hear

and yeah the higher impedance which will be a negative if you're on a low powered source

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Photex posted:

Friends don't let friends buy TN Panels

I'll be paying these hospital bills due to TN Neck Syndrome for the next 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

+de_facade
+cs_backalley
+de_marquis
+de_bazaar
+cs_workout