Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you had like you didn't actually miss it
https://twitter.com/bdo_news/status/948468235661320192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Apparently there's been some drama recently over it so yes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

drat, I wanted to jump back on but I forgot this game constantly crashes on me during the patch process.

Also, how does this game have 40gb of patching to do since the last time I played in May?

they managed to figure out what compression is so the game file size is like 28gb now

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I don't know but I've gotten 4 s ranks in the limited time I had post patch

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

looks kinda butterface there tbqh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

not bad for first ever boss drop

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Stanley Pain posted:

This is a great loot system :psyduck:

i started with 1300 and am now at 2000 the +7% item find genuinely feels worthwhile and i'm barely done with grinding knowledge

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the points on ocean content being barren as gently caress is 100% valid, but they are definitely trying to spice it up in near future updates so i'd still trust them to deliver eventually.

desert debuff is indeed cancer but it's turned off in most actual grind spots for all but the most contested spot (nagas) so it's sort of a wash on that. i guess i dont have too much of a negative opinion on it right now since htey just got done with an event where they turned off the debuff for a few weeks and that poo poo was great for fully exploring the desert.

lol at all the points you made about kama considering it's like the best content patch ever and it has tons of quality money making content if you're willing to invest time into it. and on top of it being overall decent for grinding 59-61 plus having the best silver grind spot in the game right now

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

you can also basically grind out 57 to 58 within like a few hours if you just get a good shultz party going with 200%. likewise the same for 58-59 within like 4-6 hours of 200% off the same shultz.

e: polly's forest is also a very decent place to solo grind from 56-58 if valencia mobs are cancer crowded and you dont want to contest people for spots. otherwise you can just fihgt cadry or naga with marni stones and make SICK GAINS

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 22, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Drinkfist posted:

Edit: I also swear they must have reduced all the drop rates by 20% so they could then give it back if you S rank all the mobs in the game.

just buy 5 birds to get EASY knowledge my dude. you're not poor, are you?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

man the new pve dp and hp scaling seems to have put kutum in a real weird lovely spot

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Velveteen posted:

I now have a t8 courser! Saw a lv 27 horse on the market with 15 skills for 133m. I had a few horse skill reset coupons from that black friday sale so I gave it a gamble. Reset forechop and got S:Sideways. It managed to learn forechop again multiple times by the time it reached 30 and I was able to get a courser using 3 reset coupons. Not sure if super lucky or this is pretty normal.

Straight up coursers pop up a good deal every day for about 200m they're p common nowadays. Tbh I'd prob just straight up buy one already courser'd, but that's good luck that you got it off only a few p2w tickets, a good speed roll too. Is it one of the white breeds?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

gwrtheyrn posted:

Coursers are like 350m now. They bumped horse prices by 50 percent a while back

i bought my 15 skill t8 courser at like 260m. idk how you got that figure since i see most being around that price point. in fact it might even be better to aim for 240-260 because the 280m ones i've peeked at have a chance to have more skills which means more chances of having forechop

Velveteen posted:

No its the golden brown one. Its middle of the pack for base speed. The major reason I wanted to try was because I got 3 mount skill change tokens for like 10 pearls each during the black friday special. I honestly wasn't expecting how easy it was to relearn fore chop. I was just going to reroll and be happy with an ok horse but it ended up being a courser.

it's not easy to delete forechop, you got real lucky there haha

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

valks are real good the dancer is the new rahn class she has a chain blade that lets her whirl around in aoes and can also jump around real far like a chinese kung fu movie. then her awakening gives her dual chain swords and turns her into kratos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

disregard, valks are acutlaly bad dont play them haha

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

when absolute skills come out

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Revolver Bunker posted:

The game definitely feels like walking into a city market where everything is just there in front of you. My recommendation would be to follow the main quest as it takes you from place to place and see what you fancy. Mob farming, horse riding, fishing, trade routes. When you think you've found something that peaks your interest I would focus more on that and less on other stuff. Don't try to do everything as you will get overwhelmed real quick. I started off wanting to cook but now I just run around mining ore and getting lumber for the market and use the money to buy everything else I need. Money is pretty easy to obtain in this MMO.

it all eventually boils down to pouring money directly into your gear

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Finally have full boss armor :toot:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Third World Reggin posted:

Not sure if you can even get those yet since you have to buy them and it has to have a special tent.

the special tent that just got added and you posted about, 4900 pearls for an infinite tent and it lets you activate villa buffs anywhere (you still need to go and invite the villa the first time).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

got my first tet at 62fs :woop:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Katt posted:

Join the Pen club you scrub :black101:

i still have asula pieces too lol

I'd guess I've put about 3 1/2 months into this game at this point so progress shot.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TVDinna posted:

Dang, that's quite good for being only 3.5 months in.
Are you in Peener?

in what

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no im in a friends guild because i like to node war

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ineptitude posted:

The exp boost as a newbie or returning player is a trap, the grind in this game is to get good gear. Exp is just a secondary effect of grinding for gear.
You can get full DUO armor without a whole lot of effort, and weapons at a slighly bigger effort. The grind start once you want to get boss gear highly enchanted. Heck just getting +0 boss gear at all is a huge task as it requires marketplace luck or boss drop luck.

they definitely boosted boss drop rates since i've gotten 3 kzarka, 2 dandelion, and a bheg ever since coming back 2 months ago. on top of that a ton of people in my guild have said they've been experiencing a lot of increased odds as well

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

trash crates or iron+coal for steel and just process any wood into timber

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

good box event

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Decided to smash a pri basi for fun today and got a duo basi now I only need to get one more acc to fill out my gear :)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Clocks posted:

I'm taking the route where I don't even have to enhance things so I get to ignore it entirely.

:smirk:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TVDinna posted:

today was just 4 people.

lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is this for the goon guild or some other guild tvdinna is in? because wouldn't you guys just be hurting yourselves if you ever did get a node because then you'd be deccable?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the breakdown is that node war isn't even profitable up til tier 3 castles because to adequately win any node worth anything you'd need to expect your guild to expend about as much in elixirs and other junk to win, unless you based your entire strategy on trying to snipe nodes every single week. it's all just for fun really

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

invest energy into rolling and rerolling god workers in grana and calpheon

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gas

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it took like 2 hours to get to 56 a few months ago if you knew the route

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Just have a friend ferry them around on their t8 courier

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ogre ring is hexe sanctuary, helms, fogans in that order, so tomorrow it'll send you and a third of the population off to a bumfuck calpheon hole with zero density hf

helms and fogans are actually very easy and hella density. it wouldn't even be a bad idea to reserve all the pages for a certain day and just smack them all out in one of those areas instead of hexe. the spot you get sent to is based on what day it is, not the event page.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 4, 2019

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

Are you sure the location is based on which day the event is at in the rotation?
I have done 2 quests in 1 day earlier in the event and could have sworn i got sent to 2 different locations.

Im in Olvia so there is not a lot of people competing for the spots. The only time i found it problematic to get kills was during one of the Mansha days and i just changed channel.

Also not meant as a nicpick, just trying to clarify what you said:

Today was the first day of ogre ring and fogans was first. ?

you might have done it in between a reset or something but where it sends you is based on the day yeah. you can even leave an alt at heidel and your main in the location and just ping pong back and forth real fast.
also yeah everyone just has a different starting day. it's also seeded so me and my partner randomed different days so we can't even ever help each other out because black desert online loves saying gently caress off to group content lmao

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

mike12345 posted:

I think I quit this game because the upgrade RNG mechanic turned out to be stupid af. of all the ways to implement f2p, this must be one of the dumbest ideas.

imagine the difficulty of hitting +15 on every enhance level up to +10 and also if you failed it just destroyed the entire item and you have the baseline for every other korean mmo lo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

outfits are reliably easy to get off the marketplace for 220 million grind dollars, just spam server/world chat with the outfit you want and someone will prob list it up.

the real big 'pay to play' thing is pets; you really need at the least 5 pets so not counting any free handouts that's $40-50 right there. then you're also obliged to get at least a couple of tier 3 pets because nearly the entire early to mid game of grinding involves high density high loot count spots and the more time you spend standing around pressing r to manually loot is less time you're spending making more loot appear. on top of that, there's a nominal amount of weight and inventory you want to pick up for your main grinder in order to at least hit an hour of grind comfortably without having to cut it short to manage your inventory.
you used to be able to coast for like 2~ months without having to buy a value pack but they recently changed it to 'provide more value' to the player and reduced that time to 14 days and a coupon for a value pack that you can't conserve for when you want to use it (lmao). You can get a 30 day one for 88m but it's a real crapshot since they've been doing costume discounts constantly for the last month or so so no one has been listing value packs.

also on the topic of when people say 'yeah this is a great game to play for an hour a day or so' i sort of disagree, namely because of the whole immersive no fast travel thing. i'm sure a lot of people who love the game enjoy that aspect but i have always and still think the travel time is poo poo and all it does for me personally is just elongate game chores i need to do just to get to a spot. it's this and the daily inventory managing from events and scrolls and just other assorted hourly stuff that really nickel and dime your time so that '1 hour' of playtime you wanted to capitalize on would usually take about 1.5 hours if you wanted to clear and organize everything out of the way before and after. it gets easier when you get to higher end spots (aakman/hystria, sycraia) since those spots you're encouraged and given the resources to stay there for much longer without having to go back.