Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh boy am i strapped in for another trip down bad mmo lane

wushugoons are good people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Third World Reggin posted:

it has been amazing how many people of late have come into mumble just to remember wushu

also lol at every wushu goon thinking they were old school wushu when most of them don't even know of the god drat monkey wars

i remember hy_c teaching me how to wushu and you making me a thing and just chilling and making fun of the super serious players in governmental positions who also targeted us in meditation because 'gently caress goons'

p sure i came into wushu right after monkey wars or something, i don't really remember. it was fun tho

e: oh bejeweled crafting was fun too

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hmm none of my tabs worked and they're all out

gonna leave them open but if not oh well

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kylra posted:

Leave them open. It basically reserved one for me after they ran out.

Lets see how this mmo goes.

i actually have not kept up with albion or read the thread, did it die?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kylra posted:

Nah, Albion is still alive. It's in low power testing mode right at the moment though. I dunno if it's gonna recover post-wipe, but that we'll just have to wait to see.

cool, i'll probably hop back in after the wipes and what not

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
heres my completely unwarranted opinion on BDO

i haven't read much about the game and had friends all over saying i should try it since i'm a fan of bad mmos

bdo is fun but not having read anything jesus the amount of options were confusing. pressing escape and seeing all the different menu options surprised me, but if you're on the fence you should push past it, its neat

i think i got to like 25 wizard or something, i don't remember since i didn't have time to play much, but i will definitely be playing it, its cool and good

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

crazystray posted:

Huh, are fishing pacts boats in at launch? Despite how painful that guide made it sound, I now really want a fishing pact boat. I think this is going to be my main goal besides questing and leveling.

same, fishing is chill

lot of dudes in the last CBT sitting on the rocks fishing, gently caress that i want a fishing trawler

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

There are two things you need to worry about if you got a fishing boat.

Pirate npcs in galleons or viking ships
Pacts

is there a way for players to steal boats

this is very important

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
smdh if you dont vote edan

alternatively, if you dont vote "imgay"

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the first cash shop purchase i make will be a fishing ship/license, and i assume other players can board your ships so if anyone wants to come fishing, hmu

oh god i'm gonna throw more money at this game, noooooooooo

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Markkei posted:

The cash shop doesn't open until hard launch on March 3rd, so there may be time for goons to actually craft it before then. I would save your money or buy something more useful like pets!

i get a free pet though

is there a point to having more than one?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Markkei posted:

You can have more than one pet out, up to 4 I've read.

oh, drat, thats cool

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blazing Zero posted:

may i suggest putting your money into a retirement fund? namaste

i already do! also hi friendo, how are you

hobocrunch posted:

Not legitimately complaining about this, honestly I don't give a gently caress- But you will need to buy a few pets because they loot for you and reveal certain things based on their type. (The looting part specifically speeds up grinding)

its not that different from other grindy bullshit games tbh, wakfu had it, ragnarok i think had it (or you had a blacksmith with greed), i really feel like aion or tera had it, its not even unusual to me anymore

i assume you can get a pet in-game somehow or they can be sold on the marketplace too so its not exactly pay to win, more pay to convenience

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

hobocrunch posted:

Yeah but let's not start this argument here, I'm sure we all understand.

fair, yeah

i'm struggling to choose what i want to do on early launch, i could go through the story and get inventory slots and get to 50+, or i could do fishing, or i could be that nerd that levels horses aaaaa

kalstrams posted:

Yeah you get 1 pet capable of looting once every ~5 seconds after you spend 5000 hours (~209 days) in game. They can not be transferred or sold by any means.

nice, guess i'll be idle fishing all the time

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blazing Zero posted:

im great and i hope this game treats you better than albion did :)

albion was okay, it just came at the wrong time (new job/promotion, moving, wife pregnancy)

now that things are settled down a lot i have a bit more time to play games, tbh was thinking about giving albion another go around but i would be largely ineffective starting so late, i think

glad to hear you are well!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Stanley Pain posted:

Don't play Albion, it's a poo poo game made by a Shitler of a person :shobon:

w...what happened

i thought berc was a cool guy

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Stanley Pain posted:

Nothing, I just like hating on a bad game, with bad controls and...

That's not to say BDO is any better :q:

:shittypop:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

:shittypop:

nice, godking eonwe gets a cool smily

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

lewtt posted:

you use another piece of the same armor to repair it from failed enchant durability permadamage. you can repair it normally (from use) at any blacksmith, or an anvil in your house. you'll also need the knowledge of it (taught by 1000 affinity with most blacksmiths)

are most blacksmiths under the hammer constellation or is it random?

i read somewhere that black dragon is the constellation of choice if you want the good stuff

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

lewtt posted:

there is also the speculation that zodiac choice increases your luck and enchanting chance, and goblins are "materialistic" so they would speculatively be very good

speculavariation

no one would be anything but goblin if this were true

please god i hope it isn't true because i sure as hell don't want to find out after i've gotten a character made

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Probad posted:

You all picked the pendant in Dark Souls just in case, didn't you.

shamefully, once yes

after that it was key every run

Kimsemus posted:

I actually was wondering what Zodiacs meant in BDO, I was thinking some kind of Elder Scrolls thing but I couldn't find stats anywhere.

Oh man I remember when Elder Scrolls was an actual RPG, that was cool.

hi kim, how are you

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

lewtt posted:

depends on how many guild missions people are willing to do with their $100 investment

the starting size of the guild is 15 and we've got about 30 so far who are in the 96 hour headstart, so I can't invite everyone first day until we've done 2 or 3 guild missions

Would it be worth having two guilds for a while until guild size grows enough? I'm imagining the $50 start people (like myself) there wont be space in the main guild

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

hobocrunch posted:

I paid $10 to post on this website and I demand space in the guild do not give my spot to anyone with an account predating 2002 because everyone knows they didn't pay

Yeah thats not what I was implying, im not really bothered if theres no space

Since this didn't answer my question, apparently guilds go up to 100 slots with an upkeep charge past 50 so theres no need for a second guild unless the first gets full

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

lol i feel like a 10% decrease is more of an insult than no decrease

same

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Yah I said lol since it has been talked about before.

Its cool my dude, I should have checked the wiki first before asking

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Drythe posted:

Ok. How do I get lodgings? and Which npcs do I need to recruit?

If I'm at the start of the game, what do I need to do in order to get slaves?

And to confirm I talk to the supervisor for 5 energy and then buy a slave from him? But I need a house to put them in?

i can answer the second: velia has the first NPC that you can purchase workers at, there's no pre-req other then talking to him and watching/cancelling his cutscene where he browbeats a goblin for being a fuckup

e: you will need to make food to feed your workers btw, beer is the cheapest thing to make that works effectively

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Re: Amity mini-game

I've only had limited exposure to it so far, but is there a concrete guide on it somewhere? At work and most options are either not indepth at all or blocked.

My experimentation has resulted in "put the highest percentage interest first, then try to connect to high amity rewards" but I feel thats incorrect.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Pierson posted:

Interested in playing but didn't realise it was B2P. Can we get some goon testimonials up in here for someone who'll probably only play for like 2-3 months and doesn't care about PVP so much?

If you're a fan of exploring, decently indepth crafting systems, fishing, farming, horse-raising, trading, etc, you will probably get your 2/3 months worth out of this game

The world is pretty big and has a lot of dialogue/people to talk to so if thats your thing its up there too, the story isn't stellar but it's p good

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I don't suppose anyone has any documentation of what benefits maxing out a city's energy investment gets you? Just curious because Valia has a max level of 12 apparently, while Heidel is at something like 50?

I could have been misreading it though...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kerafyrm posted:

Does anyone have one of those guest passes for the game? I'm interested, but would like to give it a shot before buying since I'm pretty picky with MMOs. :(

there's a thread for it in pgs

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766704

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for the crafting info.

Last question before I leap in: is crafting gated behind normal class levels or can I be a level 1 lowbie and at the same time the greatest crafter ever ?

As far as I know there is no levelgating for crafting outside of your crafting level; i.e. a level 1 can be a professional level 10 tradesman dude

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Stanley Pain posted:

5000 Hours of idling doesn't seem all that ba..:suicide:

lmao if you don't leave your game running for 208 days straight

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rhymenoserous posted:

On a scale of 1-archage how abandoned by goons is this game gonna be in 3 months?

i admit i didn't play archeage but this is the most attached to a game on launch i've seen goons be; so far mumblechat has been, shockingly, fun and chill

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Angrymog posted:

The little wheel of topics bothers me - it feels like it's spinning the wrong way and missing people. I'm sure it's not, but it disturbs me; I'd much prefer a list.

Anyone else notice that they don't always give you quests when it says they should?

Amity unlocks the opportunity to get the quest, but you might be missing some requirements (level too low, skill level too low, etc)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
servers are back up if people want to get their fishers on

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
lmao @ people thinking drythe wrote all that garbage and isn't quoting from o-boards or some poo poo

Rivv posted:

For people looking to grind out 35 to 38-39, just go straight to the abandoned lands and farm the infected people up on the hilltop above the refugee camp. I went from 35 - 38 in only 45 minutes (results may vary based on aoe abilities)

in about 3-4 hours a group of 5 starting at 32/33 got up to 39 there, its a great alternative to whatever the BDO bible suggests. still gets crowded, you may need to bully people out

said it before in-game but the ghillie suit owns hard, i've had groups of LotD people run/ride past me and not even turn around because they can't see my name plate

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
god dammit drythe you have tricked me for the last time!!!! !! ! ! !! ! !

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
brings up a question that perhaps kalstrams can answer though:

in guild pvp/castle siege/whatever are ghillie suits effects deactivated?

i can't imagine it being much fun if >50% of the enemy force is running around in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

LegalPad posted:

I'm level 40 now. What would you high level guys say is the first worthy node to invest energy into for mob drops? I seem to move every 2 levels and that doesn't take more than an hour or two.

i would argue for putting some energy into catfish, but some would argue to skip catfish and go directly into investing at either whatever the forest things we farmed last night were and hede sanctuary or whatever it is where skeletons are

if you want the increased drops, catfish node investment must be done at the kaia lake node, not the north ferry or south ferry nodes

best bang for your proverbial buck would be hede since thats where you get witch earrings i believe

e: also for anyone hovering the 40+ range, save your ancient stone fragments; once you fuse them, you have 7 days to hit 50 (it says 45, it's lying) and use the boss scroll that results from it, better to shove it in storage and avoid setting a timer on yourself

in order to fuse them, make a plus sign with them in your inventory

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 9, 2016