Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't know how you guys posted 1k messages between the end of CBT2 and now but did I miss anything interesting? Patiently waiting on $30 peasant headstart.

Nothing of worth was lost by skipping the last several days of posts :shobon:

Had a lot of fun grinding out some mobs yesterday. We had a solid 5 man going for a few hours. Me and lawli found a never ending respawn in bandits. Did like 7 levels in about an hour there (17-24) as we laughed our asses off at the carnage. Made 200k from the spoils as well. Cultists had a lot of people there but managed to get to 27/28 fairly quickly. It seems that some grind areas have some
kind of event trigger where respawns timers get set to like 1 second and all hell breaks loose :getin:

Drinkfist, thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rivv posted:

Are the people rushing to 50 doing so to go straight to PVP and nothing else, or do you plan on going back and working on any of the other systems in the game?

I'm kind of taking my time and learning/doing the life skills, but wondering if I need to forget that and just start grinding.

This is a sandbox MMO so do what you like and what feels good man. I did quests and poo poo up to about lvl 17 so that I could get some energy/knowledge and a few nodes unlocked. After that I hit the grind gravy train to 28. Depending on how camped the spots are tonight I might either grind some more or just go dick around in the game world. I haven't really touched any of the crafting so I think I might go get myself setup for Alchemy and maybe cooking? Not sure yet.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Also, to people complaining about servers and poo poo. IT HAS LITERALLY NEVER loving MATTERED. EVER.And yet here we are again.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Play with like minded people and have fun. If you have friends on Edan, roll Edan, if you don't roll wherever. Mumble was pretty chill yesterday even with all the server fuckery so I'm going to continue playing on Orwen. If the majority of Angry Home Friends rolls on Edan I'm going to cry salty tears and go play something else :c00lbutt:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming 3am EST :(

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I paid $100 for CBT3.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Korean Overlords rarely allow their Round Eye counterparts do anything of worth in their games :shobon::coffee:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
DO NOT

I repeat

DO NOT

SOLO GRIND!

Having a 5 person group running around slaughtering everything is super, mega efficient (and fun).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game sure is pretty

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

I personally blame Lemonking.

kalstrams posted:

Hmm, I would say that it is Girthok.

:same:

So, last night me Vrath and Hor (I forget your SA names :shobon: ). Were out exploring 30->45 ish content for grinding. With just 3 of us grinding out mobs the XP rate was pretty decent. Once you get 5 people into a group though holy poo poo is it ever a force/time multiplier. I think my "alt" might be a Valk or a Warrior because they can pull and group mobs so very nicely. Highlights of the night were:

Hey guys, boss mob over there, don't attack it it just killed me. 3 minutes later someone pulls it and it AOE wipes the part :derp:

Hey this orc automaton is flashing red I wonder wha......*BOOOM* dead.. :gibs:

Hey guys, swift boss mob here, let's kill it. *Dies* Swift boss mobs are not to be hosed with.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Harlock posted:

Can you make a comparison to Blade & Soul with how the combat works? I wasn't a big fan of that, but the theme/world looks better in BDO.

Way, way loving better. Combat is much more fluid.

Pigbottom posted:

Yeah I keep thinking that my monitor is dirty, then i realise it is just the weird dirty white the use on the client.

That stupid texture is driving me crazy :q:

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 3, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fullscreen mode sets your refresh rate to like 30

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ffycchi posted:

I dont visit other threads besides my bookmarked :catstare:

You didn't read this one either :colbert:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Zero posted:

like a toilet overflowing hth, eonwe

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
5000 Hours of idling doesn't seem all that ba..:suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rafza posted:

lmao if you don't leave your game running for 208 days straight

On the bright side I could turn off the heating to 1/2 my house. On a side note, if you are idling make sure you fully log out and back in daily if you want to get your loyalty points.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Noice.

Anyone know if they are open to resetting the pre-order outfit? I want to move it to my Valkyrie instead of my Sorc.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There is so much poo poo to do in this game. I haven't had the urge to do this much poo poo in a game since, well, never. I'm too busy setting up supply chains to even give a gently caress about leveling right now.

M'tism :negative:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

gently caress korea, this single +9 to +10 has cost me 6 million so far, not counting the failstack to +5

Let me tell you about my +27 Fail Stack. The Black Spirit Hates Me.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

How could you not find a tree

I'm wondering this as well. Literally every, single tree N/E/S/W of any time, or basically everything in the hills/mountains is harvest able.

prinnylaharl posted:

gently caress worrying about any of the end game poo poo like enchanting, get on the Exploit and fish all day or fight for the title of weedlord on rankings, or make your house the prettiest goddamn thing, or loving sperg out and connect EVERY loving THING, or learn how to punch every monster in the dick better, or become a trade baron and buy what the gently caress ever you want.

Everyone keeps bringing up end game but this isn't one of the games where you have to try and push for end game to have fun and when you eventually do want to do that push you will have a lot of money to do so with.

Also very much this. I'm normally not one to get really spergy about the little systems within a game but M'Tism is triggered :getin:

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 8, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rivv posted:

I'm trying to learn his secrets.

Also, can anyone confirm if its best to level a weapon to +10 or +15 before upgrading its color?

Probably depends on what is easier for your to get. The workshop + mats for upgrading the gear to blue, or the mats/stones to enchant the weapon. I pulled all my stones from my level 40 and enchanted my armor to +10 and weapon to +8 on my newbie alt and I basically never missed mobs +10 levels to me. Getting +7 on a weapon is pretty easy though.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ghille suit is borderline p2w. Pay2HaveAdvantage for sure. If/when I hit 45 and need to worry about PVP I'll get one for sure.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Blue giants are the way to go.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sorcs could have just as easily been called Demon Monks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorCubicle posted:

After reading the opening thread, this sounds a lot like GW2 with like, actual progression. Anyone happen to have one of those trial keys? Might take this out for a spin for a few days before I decide to pick it up (also is the deluxe edition thing worth it?) Thanks in advance Goons.

It's not really anything at all like GW2.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorCubicle posted:

That could potentially be even better than my initial thoughts of GW2 w/ progression. Currently, the only thing keeping me playing GW2 is hate rolling for precursors.
Hows this game in regards to alts? These classes all look fun (probably gonna Valk/Sorc to start and maybe make a Wiz or ranger afterward.) Is there anything shared between your characters? Stash/crafting xp/etc.? Not a total dealbreaker just wanna know what I'm getting myself into before I dip in and realize that I have to start all over again whenever I get bored of a certain class.

Workers, Storage, Max Energy and Contribution are shared across your characters (each character has it's own energy pool though). Crafting levels are not shared.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stay Salty Friends.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

Sorry this game has put me to sleep five out of seven nights. No MMO has done that til thiis game. I feel its a mixture of civilization, due to outsourcing workers for gathering and such. I feel it is a knock off of Archeage, as I cant steal someone trade route bags. I feel limited in weapons I use, but it is nice to have controls over skills I admit. I feel the game is to solo of a game at the moment, and to scripted, simulator how archeage is time, day event scripted. Yes I can fish, but I rather kill fishermen in AA, I rather swim underwater in awe,. atm the underwater looks like crap verses the land.

The game has good points, but I know if i want to really enjoy this game I have to wait for future patches so i should not waste my time right now.

This game launched with AA out, ESO DLC thief guild, and Bless online. Out of the three Bless does keep me up and hooked with what it did, The one promising thing about Bless and BDO, is the Duan is supposed to get publishing rights for na/eu so I guess they will get my wallet eventually. I look long term at BDO and it needs something that players will grow for in groups/guilds. not a solo game.

:ese:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

This is really bothering me. What's the point of buying the sexy lingerie and showing it in town, if no one else can see it? Sure you could say for the +1 Luck, but no. I bought it to look hot. I want to fight monsters looking sexy af and come back to show it off. Just saying I should be able to look like a whore if I want to. Please fix.

I like how my garter belt shows through some of my armour bikini bits. :3:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hrrm 900MB patch but no patch notes yet?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fat and Useless posted:

erp pirates get with it.

Sexy PVC Bondage Pirates.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You "might" have ADD :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Rift dimension was amazing :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Or you loving morons can stop worrying about a couple hundred megabytes being written to your SSD when they can easily be written to 100s of terabytes if not a petabyte+

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

I'll meet him with potatoes piled higher than the mountains. :colbert:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

there is no potato, only kold, dark

Your Eastern European fact of the day - to meet with bread and salt in plenty of Eastern Europe, Latvia notwithstanding, is a very traditional way to welcome, and to show respect to, a guest.

And no hard boiled egg? You heathen.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I am sorry I do not understand potatoe

What potatoe mans is saying is that while you can get bonuses to damage while on horseback, your skill set is limited.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bonds0097 posted:

How does a Claws of Darkness based build compare to a more ranged build? More damage but riskier since you're up close?

You're a punch wizard. Go and punch things.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SweetBro posted:

Oh well that's what, I got removed from guild. Now that's some class A fuckery over here.

BwahahahahHAhahHAhahahAhahah

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I have declared war on goontang again as revenge

Thank you for your service Girthcuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy