Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

A+ OP I knew we could count on you Lewtt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Is that a made up graph or actually accurate?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

There are attempts at it, Shards looks interesting. But there's no NA publishers willing to put down a lot of money to do it, so the sandbox projects are small and niche. Not sure why Korea specializes in them, maybe the insular and less toxic community makes them better, whereas here like in Archeage it seems to be a race of which guild can destroy the server the fastest.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

AA has done some good stuff the last few patches, it's a shame it couldn't have launched with 2.0 and forward. Hopefully BDO does well in the West so it can fund further development.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm just going to pretend that was a fan produced hype trailer with limited access to source video.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kalstrams posted:

There is no fast travel, and there are only 5 castles as of Valencia II.

Do we know how many servers there are going to be?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So, there is going to be 5 total castles for all of NA? Forget about ever owning one, there will probably be 10 super tryhard sperg guilds fighting over them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow that costume and dye system sounds terrible. Dyes are apparently single use and in rng boxes and untradeable.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

No queue system eh? Server crowded, sorry!

E: oh how odd, so they have the channels listed like they are a mini-server?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Anyone have their $60 of free cash disappear? i need a pet :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's silly drama because Trion doesn't know what is changing in the AA patches half the time, it'd be hard to leak info.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

why won't those fking scrubs ever learn?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Make sure to buy sexy underwear for the +1 luck

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha

quote:

After reaching out to Daum about the costume prices in the Black Desert Online shop, the team has responded. Overall costume prices will be reduced ~10% from $32 to $29. Costume sales will continue throughout the head start period and into launch with the development team keeping a close eye on community reaction and will assess feedback received. Adjustments will be made as necessary.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I like the theory that they only reduced them to $29 so that costumes are no longer more expensive than the game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Eat healthy!

kalstrams posted:

Ready to roll boys and girls

:D

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So MMORPG was right, except it's worse because the functional costumes like ghilli will still be 3200 pearls and the rest down to 2900, 2500 on sale at launch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

wow the Tamer awakening weapon looks cool as hell

I guess the biggest drawback for them is sieges and the gap where they will be underpowered. Oh well 6 hours left and I still can't decide on a quest, at least alts are basically mandatory for energy and logistics.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm not staying up until 3am est to play, but I plan on waking up at 7 or 8 so will see you guys then.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well gently caress me for waking up at a reasonable time and creating a character on our original server.

Minsky posted:

I hope these twitch streamers sperg up to 50 soon so I can see what the big deal about this game is. So far everyone is just sitting around grinding monsters like this is 2000 DAOC.

The endgame is grinding mobs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Minsky posted:

I'm gonna assume if I hated almost everything about Archeage except the boats, I'm gonna hate this game

Well one of the things BDO can't do that AA can is naval combat! But they are diff games, AA is all questing for levels to 50 and BDO is opposite, quests outside of the main line just give area influence. Where this game will shine is supposedly endgame pvp, which we won't see for a bit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well i've claimed my pet and items on Edan so fantastic. They haven't actually come since that system is hosed up too and they got sent to someone else, maybe their fix will be to reset the claiming.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SirBuddha posted:

didnt they say they will reimburse everyone that wants to rerolls rewards?

Except people on Edan right now were the people that went to the place they were supposed to go, they have no reason to help us at all. It's the people on Orwen that got screwed and will theoretically be able to transfer or re-claim items.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Do we know if character transfer will be for a character or for a family? Need to make alts but don't want to end up having to transfer them separately to Orwen if need be.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Amergin posted:

I have no clue how the hell people bumrushed to 50 in 15 hours... I've been grinding most of today and had to pass out at 32. Getting too old for this poo poo.

It was funny to see a guy level 50 with less energy than my level 17 because he doesn't have any knowledge. I guess I will hope I can get transferred off to Orwen at some point then because the claimed items are still up in the air and I really don't want to start from scratch. Really enjoying the Sorc though, started to click around level 17.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They have an announcement posted about all the issues. Basically character deletion time reduced to 10 seconds and name swaps can be requested for the March 30th maint lol. Preorder items not delivered have had their claim reset.

No transfers, they can't do them. Since I have other friends on Orwen and none on Edan, looks like it's reroll time :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bede posted:

Will I be able to pay for a transfer from Edan to Orwen? I didn't want to reroll yesterday since I claimed stuff but now that was all reset so i guess i'll reroll unless i can throw :10bux: at a transfer?

Judging by their post, they don't even have the ability to character transfer. Name swaps aren't even promised to happen for a month. That's why I am just rerolling.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

After taking my time and watching the power levelers on twitch, I really don't see the point of it unless it's a minigame to you like it is to kalstroms. Your character is still going to have to backtrack and do quests and talk to npc's our it will forever be gimped on energy and contribution.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

hobocrunch posted:

Can't we just play the game however the gently caress we want?

Sure, I'm just giving other people a heads up since you are trying to recruit them into your Dumb Plan For Idiots.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sorry, I was honestly just trying to give advice because this game is different than most wrt power leveling. My sensibilities were shocked by the sailor mouth response and I lashed out.

Play how you like, friend, and please join us on Orwen. I'm not even in the guild and probably won't be let in on account of declaring Lewtt my eternal nemesis for making me reroll an insignificant character.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Some great outrage today, apparently you can't get a refund if you launched the client.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

HotBobaloo posted:

Anyone else having an issue where for some reason, no keys are bound to your character? I just finished the first cutscene and its telling me to push the <> key to move forward(supposed to be W) and the key grid that supposed to show WASD next to my character is blank. I tried creating another character of a different class and it seems fine. Any clues? I flat out cant even start the first quest with the character I intend to be my main.

just a bug, i had that happen to my char and i relogged and it was fine.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Uh oh guys, one of us got busted for farming sploits.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/28008-important-farming-exploit

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So the sorceror guide i read said Agerian is the armor I want to use and imrove to +15. I have Agerian green pieces at level 25 and I am getting blackstones, should I be upgrading those pieces with black stones or does the armor need improved by other means first?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Guild bonding activity, all packing on to one tiny bit of land to fish for the elusive Grunt

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I was as skeptical as anyone for this game. I have been playing it hardcore since Sunday and I am level...29. Not because it's hard to level, no, I could go get 4-5 levels tonight in moderate playtime. You just get caught up in the world, the life quests, crafting, fishing with goons. It is an incredibly immersive world and the combat is fun. I don't know what the endgame will be, but am having a great time right now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Any guides you guys recommend to watch while downloading 30GB on this slow rear end internet?

I want to be ready for when the game updates

Hakurai has a bunch of videos and i found them very informative

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

You will just have to close your eyes and steel yourself to make it past those 3 seconds. His guides are very good and reasonably up to date, which isn't easy to find with BDO stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Dark Flame is also good because you can do it while doing claws of darkness and it gives you a front block during.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

central posted:

I want to play with SFD. I see they're on Edan, but does it matter which sub-option (or whatever) I pick?

No, those are just channels. You can swap between them every 30 mins. Ideally you would enter the game on the home channel of your guild, but can always swap.