Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

'end-game' isn't a hokey joke phrase. It describes relevant activities that are usually unlocked upon reaching max level or close to it. BDO isn't so different that it doesn't have an end game. Like basically every other MMO, daily quests and repeatable content are usually emphasized.

Like I said though, I should probably stick to more traditional MMOs. Different strokes for different folks.

A lot of the progression systems that traditional MMOs offer at end game are things that BDO allows players to engage in throughout most of the experience even at lower levels. Case in point, one can participate in lots of different good money making activities even at early levels of BDO. Gear is not locked by level and you can begin enchanting it very early on. You can explore just about anywhere even at low levels since it is relatively easy to avoid combat if you want to.

What I think that BDO truly lacks at least in terms of PvE are more extensive and time consuming progression systems which ultimately lead to a result that is something other than stronger gear. I'd love it if they introduced more ways to get things like dyes, costumes, furniture (this one isn't too bad), and pets. I know they are now talking about having more events which provide that stuff, but I want something significant added to the core game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

commander nojj posted:

Anyone have any good resource links on hand for figuring out the flow of this game? I'm trying to break out of the whole follow quest chain to the next area mentality and want to play this game effectively.

Dulfy is where I point new players. There is so much info out there and tons of guides. Dulfy is far from a comprehensive source but it goes over many of the major features.

http://dulfy.net/category/bdo/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Snatch Duster posted:

After many test from various people at many different DP values it's looking like DP actually doesn't affect Musa / Maehwa at all, whether you are 150 DP or 0 you are taking same damage. However there are conflicting test where people are experiencing a difference, but majority do not.

If this is true and it's looking like it is, the two classes are pretty much broken and unplayable at this point. They are also testing in the thread if our AP is bugged or the % on skills are bugged because of the lack of damage, but there is no overwhelming evidence for that yet.

lol

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Snatch Duster posted:

Apparently that bug has been confirmed by CM_Jouska and Daum is looking into it. hahahha

Is this bug only on NA/EU? Because if this thing has been around over in KR and Russia all this time then :vince:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Clocks posted:

Guys we clearly need to step up our game:

I wonder how many hours on average the people in his guild play per week.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Am I the only one baffled that we're talking about people who can play for 10-12 hours a day like that's a statistically significant group?

You are not the only one who is baffled. I get maybe 1 hour on average per weekday and 2-5 hours total throughout a weekend.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Obscurity posted:

For my own benefit I'd like to confirm how to not be awful. Do you just go to the item and spam the "Refresh" button until one pops up? That's what I was doing for my Grunil Gloves and Ship License.

Haven't you heard? Real pros develop their own bot that beats the captcha and other security measures. Git gud bro.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Probad posted:

Seems like exchangeables doubled in value across the board.

If true, then how does this impact farming locations? I have not really gotten into farming massive amounts of mobs to earn money yet so I don't know much about it, but as I understood things it was all about farming to get that rare drop rather than accumulate exchangeables. Will this increase change that? If not, then does the increase even matter then?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Kaedric posted:

Yay I guess, but this only devalues the crafting/worker ecosystem even more. It was already inferior to just farming mobs, and now the gulf just widens further. Not to whine too much, I just really enjoy crafting, and this game has a unique way of handling it that I enjoy, so it kinda sucks to have it be a pale shadow of grinding for cash.

EDIT: Although, I guess it is beneficial to have people out there at the camps, as it increases interaction between players + pvp. Maybe when node wars kick in I'll have a better leg to stand on, as even craftergoons will want to get whatever special node they need to craft with (presumably).

Not to get too particular because I get what you are saying, but it does not devalue any other means of obtaining income. That value remains the same, but you are correct that the silver/hour gap widened further and I do see that as an issue. I do think that this was a very good idea though. The problem is that the idea is incomplete. If this update were coupled with changes that increased the profitability of crafting and other income methods so that they are closer to grinding then I think that would have been a more ideal/complete patch.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 5, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The character creator is truly magical. They should license it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Does anyone else get 30 FPS and stuttering despite having wonderful hardware?

Of course it is worse in towns but not in a significant way.

Do you have an Nvidia? I had a problem like this until I rolled back my driver, but I am not sure if their latest driver has fixed the issue I was experiencing or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I once knew a guy named "most of us". We deported him for false advertising.