Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Residents near the Roxborough Antenna Farm here in Philly have reported AM signals coming through the plumbing inside their houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My parents are gearing up to sell their house. Because of age and various health problems, I've been going over to help them a fair amount. My dad wanted me to get up on a ladder and snip some old wires coming out of the ceiling in the basement that he assured me weren't live. After cutting through one and getting a pop, sparks and lights dimming throughout the house, he says "I could have sworn that wasn't live." He wanted me to get the other one because "that probably tripped whatever breaker they were on" so it was certainly safe. I flat out refused unless he confirmed it was tripped or he shut down power for the whole house.

We went to check after he argued with me about it and none of the breakers were tripped.

Next time I go over I'll get a picture of the wire cutters with the 1/16" hole burned through the metal.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Volcott posted:

Looks like they're putting the boots to that guy who tried to disrupt the housing market/fire codes.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ontent=20170605

Good. gently caress these assholes. His loving defense is that he thought it was safe. gently caress that, beyond just common sense several people told him it was wildly unsafe.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Volcott posted:

Is bat out of hell II good? Asking for a friend.

II is good, III is lousy. You know what they say though, 66% is a fair average.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Suddenly, somewhere, Tarantino feels the need to make Death Proof 2.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Charles posted:

That looks like a Mazda 323F. I could be wrong as we never got those in the U.S.

I think actually if you take a closer look you'll see that it's actually just a render and not a car at all.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It still has to be at least what the pay would be for minimum wage with overtime for the hours worked afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Platystemon posted:

A court is going to investigate the question “what is a reasonable rate for a licence?”

It is likely to find “not much”.

As for statutory damages:

You could argue that it is wrong that dads who download Incredibles 2 are on hook for far more than Musk is here, but that’s the way it works.

Shut the gently caress up and stop making people agree with Phanatic.