Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is the non painted part of the posts supposed to be buried or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

It's this. They have gas in the netherlands and it's mosdef the best for cooking.

Taste the meat not the heat

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HQFx3vx.mp4

I love it when it these turn out unexpectedly.

Guess he's never seen Top Gear.

Kibayasu posted:

I'm just being a poo poo.

Actually my parents are doing some landscaping right now and they have a few not-large-but-not-small trees to get rid of. Apparently the thing they were told to do, since they don't plan on digging where the stump is going to be outside of a flowerbed or something, is cut the tree off as close to the ground as possible and then have the stump grinded down below ground level, don't even bother trying to dig it out.

Just cut it to a stump, cover it in mulch and wait a few years. There was a stump in my parents' front yard that looked like a stump. Until it was stepped on and crumbled to bits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

Probably also far less expensive in fuel too, the C175-20 V-20 on the similar Cat 797F chugs around 58 gallons per hour and has 1000 gallons of fuel tankage. The engine can get up to 220 gallons per hour at full load and it displaces 105.8 liters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E0T3YAch_E

Uh, why was he in there?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So how much does it cost when you spin the bearings on something like that?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Played much Subnautica?

I legit freaked out when I was in some cave tunnels in that game and my dive reel fell through the world geometry and I was lost.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Splicer posted:

Am I seeing right and the earthmover caught on one of the metal bars?

Looks like it. It grabbed one of the bars, tilted down, and then pulled the crane over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I watch too many cartoons, my first thought is that poor crane.

What do they do with busted construction equipment? Seems like you could probably replace the non-broken parts.

Call up your dealer and say "I don't know what happened. Is this covered under the maintenance contract?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This is the part of the "very special episode" where everyone hears a big crash and they run over to find the old hand crawling out of the crane wreckage. Everyone asks what happened and he says "I don't know, I guess that load was just too heavy. I thought I had it under control." Then the whippersnapper with the college degree says "This is why we have load charts. If you had just learned how to use it, this would have never happened."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The speed of light is also dependent on the second. You're just going in different directions from the same starting point.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Derive all lengths and weights from the size of the current POTUS's dong, you're welcome

Testvan already suggested we use 1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MrYenko posted:

Officer, I swear I wasn’t going faster than 9.69257e-8C.

You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I mean it’s almost as if there are 3 ground state dimensions and 3 arc state virtual dimensions that are constantly resolving to the same state through a 7D acidic time cypher, and that inertia is actually just the virtual electron state making a convergent azimuth to a point of resolution in the middle of the galaxy through empty vertical space and the resistance in the circuit that makes for the ground state proton to catch up with the virtual state, or the dreamed or imagined free will of movement making real information state changes in measurable inertial bodies. And that the speed of light (or gravitational mass) and the passage of time are relative. :thunk:

Can you get me a good deal on marzel vanes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Can you imagine how it must feel for those last few minutes as you hear the machine powering up? Before the searing pain sets in. gently caress everything about crawling inside big machines like these.

My own father crawls into thermal oxidizers from time to time to repair fire proof bricks and he complains that some of the younger guys won't do it. I don't blame them.

My dad had to investigate some incident where someone went into a tank at a site owned by the company he worked for to inspect it but then the stirring mechanism got turned on somehow. The stirrers grabbed onto the guy's harness and ripped him to bits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Splicer posted:

OK now define a second.

Also justify choosing a number that's only meaningful in base 10, the scrubbiest of bases.

A second is currently defined by 9,192,631,770 cycles of a cesium-133 atom. Just round that up to 10 billion.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hey you know how we don't have computers and we can barely make two screws that can fit in the same hole? Let's make physical representations of standards to base everything on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You want me to dig down to a cartoon town? Listen buddy, I've got other jobs to do today, just tell me where to dump these pylons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's always funny to see people's reactions to almost being killed by something. In a normal video, it looks like they react and get out of the way. But you slow it down and you see that they don't start moving until the object already would have killed them or whatever. We just aren't built for these environments.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Probably people who don't understand how bullets work. "This isn't in a gun/cannon, so it isn't going to go off." Even then, people should know that explosives aren't exactly stable and decades old explosives especially aren't going to be stable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Whatever happened to the dude who disassembled a WWI sea mine in his yard and was loving right the actual explosive?

Probably a similar fate to the guy who messed with civil war mines.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Azathoth posted:

UXO chat reminds me of the very OSHA RAF Fauld explosion.

What sucks is that the guy probably vaporized before he learned his lesson.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How could it cost 150 dollars to shut off the water? Was he going to have the city come out to do it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just looked through the sea mine reddit thread. Man, that guy was an idiot. "Yeah I could have died, lol whatever, my uncle has a cool metal shell now."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh poo poo, I watched that on my phone and thought it was just more sparks. Do those big stickers denote that there are flammable gases inside?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nenonen posted:

In all accident photos that is where loose metal objects want to go, so ummm I think I'll wait outside the room.

Accidents where the spinny part rips apart? If that broke up, all of the pieces would fly out tangentially to the original circle. You are probably thinking about accidents where something metal gets near an MR and gets sucked into the big magnets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Must be really fun to crash a boat into the beach.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm sure the factory has something akin to (and way more expensive than) a wheel balancer. Put the ring on the machine, spin it up to figure out where weights need to be added.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GotLag posted:

Did someone get mad at you for being correct about Celsius?

I said I liked fahrenheit for weather temperature and preferred celsius/kelvin for anything else and people got mad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

:eng101: a lot of shoe salesmen in the 1940s and 50s developed weird skin cancers on their hands from using these machines all day long

Turns out it isn't

Also eye cancer because it was just shooting xrays into their face.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is that even a rental truck?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did that person go into a diabetic coma or something. Wtf was that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really enjoy when they first hit the heated metal and all the oxidation or whatever falls off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fallows posted:

Imagine if the hammer dropped while one of the forklifts had the thing tipped over omg

Well someone controls the hammer, so it's not likely.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was that his first arson or something. That was dumb as hell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

if you have the skills to do that, why on earth do you not have the skills to run a wire and/or replace a switch

Because it's good enough to get it fixed quickly and it kept working. Don't fix what isn't broke.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

Oh....

Automation and technology inequally benefits the owner of capital

Make sure to tell your congressman that you support universal basic income.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You either eat all the seafood or you throw it away.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I mean the key word is "relatively." It still costs about $12,000 to get a pilot's license in the USA, and the cheapest flightworthy airplanes you can get are still $20k and up. Renting a Cessna is about $100/hr.

Not really OSHA related but is that per hour that the plane is running? I hear about people renting planes to go to lunch somewhere which would be lame if you're paying another 100 dollars for the hour while you're in a restaurant.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Time to turn the plane back in to the rental place. *Pulls chute*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What happened there? Looks like the rim is still intact.