Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

Lmao I think I just convinced a GBS poster to post here. Goonspeed goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

g'mango byob it is my birthday today and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

What's up, my early rising birthday buddy? I hope you have a good'n.

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

A pizza is a real-time pie chart of how much pizza is actually left

What if they cut it into squares?
GaG go eat a pizza, buddy. You deserve it.

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

drinkin summer sunday vodka +cran lime soda water

sup? choo drinkin? is it good?

work tomorrow, ugh, amirite?

Bulleit Bourbon. It's good. I like whiskeys and this fits the bill. I work in the food industry presently so my days off have been Wednesday and Thursday, but yes, any day I have to work is a day filled with regret.

more falafel please posted:

been drinking a lot lately so I'm taking the night off, just got a big old glass of ice water

I've been drinking a lot- checks notes- the last decade, but it's part of how I keep my chill demeanor. I support your decision to try and keep non drinking days in there though, I have more than a couple friends who have had to make serious changes in their relation to alcohol and it is definitely for the better. I'm glad to be home from work. Getting some SA time in before I retreat to videogames.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Shifty Nipples posted:

pizza
on my ballsack
makes me nauseous

Is this a John Denver song?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

jpeg posted:

nm just chillin, you? first time on sa in a very long time

Hello jpeg, I took a bit of a hiatus from the forums for a long while too, I've been having a lot of fun since I been back. I hope you are well. Do you have any animals you would like to share with us?

Ass-penny

jpeg posted:

I do! Here's Kira. She's a 2 yrs old shiba inu and a dingus

What a beauty :3:

DFKG I hope you are able to get into this conveniently located doctors office soon. Goondolences out to all my sick goons, whichever folders they hail from.

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

Let's calculate the poo poo out of this beauty.

Pie equals I want it now

This checks out. But lol @ pahilla if you think I have the combination of motivation, ingredients and cooking utensils to make that dank looking pie.

Sorry about your clinic DFKG, get well soon, good luck at UC.

Dixville, I think my first crime was accidental shoplifting. It must've been near Halloween, because I was playing with candy bars that had various monsters on the foil wrapping. I had them fighting each other, and I put them in a thermos my mom wanted to buy when they "died." Then I guess I forgot they were there, because I remember getting home and my mom found the candy bars and she was all WTF? I explained what happened and my mom actually drove back to the store to give the candy bars back. And that's the story of my ma being a big ol' square.

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

my first crime was accidental shoplifting too! a lollipop fell near my foot at some point and i somehow kicked it out the door while i was walking out. i was one of a scrum of middleschoolers buying candy so it went unnoticed, but i felt bad! imo stealing from the local corner store is not great but theft from monolithic corporations is super rad

*Walks in wearing a lab coat* I found the above statement to be true and objectively correct.

Also, :hfive: accidental shoplifting buddy.

Ass-penny

owlhawk911 posted:

i stole a 1990 subaru legacy wagon from a vacation home to facilitate the commission of further crimes

i have to this day never bought shoes

Truly the hero BYOB needs in these trying times.

Ass-penny

owlhawk911 posted:

imagine the two were somehow combined

I really am not sure if the two of you are making Das Racist jokes or not...

For context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04
If you were making jokes about this I apologise for over-explaing it. If you weren't, I'm sorry for introducing you to definitely their worst song.

Free the butts.

Ass-penny

But have you ever played games... on weed?

Ass-penny

I couldn't make a pie to show you, but I certainly didn't want you banned. Hope you are well, pahilla.

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

Another big difference is that reddit and imgur show posts based on popularity rather than chronology and are therefore much closer to social media, whereas SA is a more classic internet forum, a format that is kind of a dying breed. Comparing SA to reddit or imgur hardly makes sense in a way, it's like comparing a book to a magazine, that's not a great analogy though

Now if you compare SA to other forum-format websites on the internet, the :10bux: thing is probably a part, combined with decent moderation (at least, all the mods other than me are good), and a much less tangible but i think very important factor is the specific kind of comedic culture that SA evolved in / contributed to during the 00s that has continued to inform the posting culture even as it continues to evolve over time

are you a bad mod because you don't do enough or are you a great mod because you aren't a loving snitch?

Ass-penny

Y'all, these introspective conversations about SA's relationship to the rest of the internet are awesome, I legit copy pasted a few of these posts to my notepad app for later conversations with a goon I know IRL.

I first started loving with forums in high school, I posted a lot in the Babble folder at adult swim message boards. I was regularly reading Photoshop Phridays and occasionally the other front page things. I lurked a lil but I think it was the thread about that guy and his wild street sweeper stories that convinced me to pay up. As someone else noted, sometimes I'm reading a thread and I see posts that are just perfect, leave me laughing for days. The people of SA are super funny and witty, and no matter how obscure your interest is there's always a goon who knows everything about it.

Love y'all goons.

Pahilla I will draw you a dank rear end pie.

Ass-penny

City of Glompton, that new sig owns hard.

Pahilla I made you a pie!

I'm sorry it isn't very good, it has been a long time since I drew really.

Ok cool, hoping everyone is having a good time and having a fun night.

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

a fun friday question! how do you all organize your books/dvds?

alphabetized by title or author or are you a color matcher? by genre?

My bookshelves are a den of chaos upon which even the most hardened librarian would be loathe to tread.

Actually, the primary shelf rocks a bit, so I put all of my heaviest books on the bottom shelf, lighter things like VHS tapes and some videogames are in the top. The shape of the shelves is very unusual, they are taller on one side and shorter on the other, alternating directions. So really things get crammed in there where ever they can fit. The only media I have organised is my record collection, which actually I only recently took the time the alphabetize.

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

Quadruple post aka tetra post

e: gently caress

my b, friend.

Ass-penny

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Yeah, but you wanna know what?

I have every faith in your ability to know exactly what book is where and can find them in a moment's notice :smuggo:

Thanks for the vote of confidence PSP. I do ok. Apparently more than locating book troubles I have a habit of just giving books away and sometimes I'm looking for a copy of a book and it's not here, poo poo did I give that book away? I regularly use substances that have an adverse effect on my memory so there's that too.

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

I was actually preparing to get myself Pandina Imperator with a rather you know, chill venom and a larger body, as his enclosure is very big, but for some reason getting the literally most dangerous scorpion there is, is not only completely unregulated in it seems like all of Europe, it also is drat easy. Like, it's easier to get those around here than the less deadly ones and the guy I got Hector from did, to be honest, not know a lot about scorpions at all. He accidentally had them get babies and wanted to get rid of them, so I took one from him, as he planned to kill the rest. I managed to arrange a deal with the university I work for to rescue them along with the mom scorpion (dad was killed after impregnation, you know, normally you wouldn't do stuff like that) and also we got some other illegal herp he had there.ially don't breed pets if you don't know what you're doing. At least not venomous ones. :v:

:popeye: drat you a straight G!

Dixville posted:

It's 3 am and I'm awake with heartburn cause i chose to drink last night but you know what it was worth it

I hear you on the heartburn drinkin fronts. It's 5:30 here, I need to crash soon, I work tomorrow too. I gather you do something substantially more serious than what I do, I've seen your selfies with scrubs and stuff. Good luck at work tomorrow, friend.

I hope everyone is having a cool Saturday.

Ass-penny

Kief Richards posted:

good evening, it's time to weed

Hell yeah.

Dang I'm glad y'all still gots your fingers and toes with all this horse standing, glass dropping, cars falling on your limbs. Be safe, goons.

Ass-penny

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Also wear close toed shoes around horses and other livestock/large sheets of glass/construction sites!

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

Let that be a warning to all not to play video games at night while being both half awake and half asleep, it is really confusing when you wake up

I'm very familiar with this feeling.

Looking good Pahilla!

Ass-penny

Good Tuesday, all. I just woke up, it is hot and humid, and I am already way not interested in doing the things.

Ass-penny

albany academy posted:

All killer no filler, sum 41

:hmmyes:

Ass-penny

Pahilla the Hun posted:

chickencheesecroissant

it’s what’s for dinner

:popeye:

Lookin dank, Pah.

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

i spent one and half hours trying to decide what coffee cup to get, gonna post the result of this difficult decision making soon

My last coffee cup was an octopus but while being on the phone I ran into my table, causing my second screen to fall down, hitting the coffee cup on its way, falling down from the table, landing straight on a pile of books with the cup crashing next to it
This was the most action I had in a long while, I'm still shaking

That's a bummer, friend. I have broken many a mug in my day. We must have ten mugs that the handles snapped off. Pahilla's stainless mug sounds cool too. When it comes to durability though, I'm fond of my wooden mug. Box elder wood, holds a lot of fluids, virtually indestructible.

Anyway, came to welcome hello & chat to say I'm enjoying my day off, reading a shadowrun choose your own adventure I just discovered in games, my cat is snuggled up next to me, it is a good day.

I hope all of you are having few troubles this Wednesday.

Ass-penny

prepuce repurposed posted:

my dog catches me vaping all the time but i'm the boss of him so i keep making the chunky clouds like a big big man

Fuckin :lmao:

Ass-penny

drat I just watched this and just lol that dude is so indignant. He has no awareness of being trolled. Thanks for posting.

Ass-penny

Dang I was at work while y'all got drunk. On my third. I hope that everyone had an excellent night.

Ass-penny

owlhawk911 posted:

it is definitely not turnt-o-clock yet on my end i'm just getting up lol

Hell, same. And I work tonight, which is dumb. :cheers: to all the goons that are drankin already, I salute you.

Ass-penny

Luvcow posted:

:):hf::)

if you get out and hike then look for the rocks people are painting and leaving by the trailsides. predictably the ones I've been painting look like this:

i have waked more trails in the past few months then in any other time in my life that i can remember and it has been beautiful, make lemonade out of lemons i guess

edit: one more rock

Is this a thing? I was on a walk with my folks and they mentioned someone was painting rocks and leaving them along the path, but this isn't a hiking trail, it's just a bike path by a park in a suburb. They said they were vaguely uplifting comments usually, but that people were taking them home as they don't find them as often as they did a month ago. We found two on the walk: a heart, and a rock painted orange with text: "orange you glad you found me"

I'd be interested in learning there was some collective thing going on painting rocks and leaving them in nature, but it also wouldn't surprise me to learn they were unrelated incidents.

Ass-penny

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I met up with an acquaintance from my college who lives here and got info on mental health services. I'm very glad for that.

This is a good idea and honestly advice I should probably follow.

Vibe wise I'm glad to be home and drankin. Late night, but I made some ok money.

Hope you all are doing ok. Hope that goon with the flats got home ok!!

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

6.30am still not sleeping crew reporting in

What's the latest party

Dang, sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I'm chillen on some drinks and reefers, it's ten to midnight here. Wondering if I'll actually make it to bed or pass out in the living room again like the last few nights. Scared the cat off my lap when I dropped my laptop.

Ass-penny

y'all made some quality posts whilst I was at work. I'm gettin trashed and am forever Trashed Crew.
I'd like to say hello to all my friends and the new guy too :whatup:

Also that slowpoke gif and music video freaking own.

Ass-penny

take the moon posted:

trashed crew? More like idk crew

Nah idk

The other thing is boy there's been a lot of suicide & death talk around me

Sorry for adding to it. I wasn't being serious. Its just like this qtine... Holy balls.

Hell that has been a vibe for me for years before this all popped off. Not trying to add to that unchill convo in this chill space, just saying you aren't alone and you should not feel shy about reaching out to someone, if you are worried about yourself. Maintain, TTM. BYOB is better for having you here.

Ass-penny

I don't vape nicotine only THC do I still get to blow chunky clouds with you all?

Reene posted:

thank you i want you to know this post made me smile irl

It was a very sweet post. Reene, I know you have a PMF thread about it but do you think you could crosspost a picture of your cat here? Thank you for your consideration.

Ass-penny

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

ok, so, I've had a bad last few days. I don't want to bring anybody down, but it's very bad.

:glomp:
Please take care of yourself GSJG.

Also, vape 'burgs every day y'all

Ass-penny

Luvcow posted:

went to the beach this evening and made a tiny stonehenge

please enjoy the summer northern hemisphere byob people

This owns.

Wanted to say what up to everyone in the B Hole and a big :peanut: that there may be a light at the end of this tunnel that doesn't involve satellite boards or discords. Chatting with you all in real time is fun but also difficult to follow.

Oh yeah shout out Jeffrey too, you're the man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I'd like to say happy Friday to all my friends in the b hole.

Also, specifically GAG, because I was in my car for a brief thing today and at a red light I noticed an ant crawling across my windshield. It made me think of you. I would like to apologize to any ants I've displaced by driving them away from their nests and families.