Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Manifisto posted:

this may never come up for most people, but if you ever have a rental car get a flat, you can either have the rental company charge you for the replacement (multiple hundreds of dollars) or pay a mechanic to patch it for you (which ended up costing I dunno like $30)

this may not come as a shock, but as with filling up your tank with gas, having the rental car company do literally anything you can do yourself (or pay someone to do) is a gigantic scam

My rental car got a flat tire, but I had the full insurance that covered tires, so I drove 300 miles on the donut.

Buttchocks

Hello Buttchocks, welcome to your new job site. This will be the visitors parking lot when the facility is finished. Riiiiight next to the main entrance. Contractor parking? Ok, you want to go out the gate, then take a left and drive about a quarter mile, then a right for another quarter mile through the road that's blocked by the backhoes. That will take you to the service road that isn't paved or marked in any way. Take that until you get to the security gate that isn't manned. If the gate's locked, just call the number and someone should come around eventually. From this point, there are no lights whatsoever, so watch out for the open holes that aren't roped off. Keep going about 5 or 10 minutes down the crushed stone path, then take a right through the broken glass field. After that you'll see the contractor lot. Now to get into the lot, you'll have to go all the way around the fence to the other side, then drive past the trailers that are hogging all the spots near the entrance, and there should be some unmarked spots in the back near the mud pits. You do have 4-wheel drive, right? I usually recommend people show up an hour early so they have time to get to their actual work site on time. Oh, also they sometimes temporarily move the contractor parking without notice.

Buttchocks

It's actually Non Inch Nails, because they're measured in millimeters.

Buttchocks

I'm glad I decided against being Nutchocks

Buttchocks

Merry Christmas everbody

Buttchocks

*Door slowly creaks open* Welcome, stranger. You have picked a stormy night to visit this remote refuge. Won't you cross the threshold and enter? Just ignore the rattling of skeletons coming from the acid pit wine cellar.

Buttchocks

I used to live near a candy shop that had lots of imported Torrone and i loved it. Sadly it closed down and became a yoga equipment store, which is less tasty.

Buttchocks

cruft posted:

I'm going to have to insist that you quantify this.

Torrone (with nuts):
Sweet: 8/10
Salty: 3/10
Sour: 0/10
Bitter: 2/10
Umami: 4/10

Yoga Mat (no nuts):
Sweet: 0/10
Salty: 3/10
Sour: 1/10
Bitter: 3/10
Umami: 2/10

Yoga Mat (with nuts):
Sweet: 1/10
Salty: 6/10
Sour: 4/10
Bitter: 3/10
Umami: 7/10

Buttchocks

xcheopis posted:

Trader Joe's Sparkling Ginger-Lemon Apple Cider Vinegar - ... not so much. Dumped it out. Ew. Yuck. Bad and wrong.

I'm curious what the intended use for this product is. Are people doing straight shots of it?

Buttchocks

Post your cock!

Buttchocks

Manifisto posted:

behold my masterpiece!

Picasso's Guernica Utica

Buttchocks

I like pancakes but I hate making them. :effort:

Buttchocks

gently caress it I made pancakes

Buttchocks

Goons Are Great posted:

hello hi I've been lurking but not posting because sometimes you got to wallow in your sins

what's up over here, how's life, tell me about your last breakfast

How do I know if it's my last one? :ohdear:

Buttchocks

Heather Papps posted:

the usgs unironically rocks (it is a pun but also serious. there's maps and charts and stuff!)

I sometimes use LIDAR data for work, and USGS has tons available for free which is awesome. Sadly the web interface is clumsy and the data is in some compressed format that I can't directly use. There's a bunch of converter programs that people have written and made available on their angelfire website, but they're either written by people who can't understand why anyone in TYOOL 2022 would not always be using a command line interface, or require installing some developer package like java or silverlight or some bullshit.

Buttchocks

Escape From Noise posted:

I thought GaG and everyone else would appreciate this. For added context "shiri" is Japanese for "butt".

Ahem, that is clearly Momotaro, the Peach Boy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar%C5%8D

Buttchocks

Rarity posted:

I'VE BEEN OFFERED THE JOB :supaburn:

Congrats!

Buttchocks

I pull off my mask to reveal a smaller face that is also wearing a mask.

Buttchocks

Breakfast is fruit and coffee with milk. Or, if I'm over-tired, fruit and hot water with milk.

Buttchocks

Goons Are Great posted:

if you don't have a ticket you go to prison

that's not a joke it's a crime and people go to prison for this

Do you need a ticket for prison? If you don't have a prison ticket, do they let you go, or do you get sent to double ticket prison?

Buttchocks

Escape From Noise posted:

Holy crap.

Apparently this guy was called "Michael Jordan of Pizza Throwing" (thankfully in the article they hyperlink Michael Jordan in case you don't know who that is)

That's impressive. It's hard to get a pizza through the net.

Buttchocks

I can smell the cat breath.

Buttchocks

Today really feels like a Friday. I declare that today is a preliminary practice Friday before the launch of actual Friday.

Buttchocks

The left half is human; the right half is horse.

Buttchocks

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Good morning it is my birthday today and I think I’m just gonna laze the day away

Huzzah! Lighting one* up for your birthday.

*scented candle while I bleach the shower.

Buttchocks

Zil posted:

GaG you have a tourist destination it seems in South Korea.

https://i.imgur.com/iOQGJd5.mp4

This was the new self-order interface at McDonalds.

Buttchocks

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Hey friends. My kitty Gomez is not doing so good. We're taking him to the vet tomorrow and he's still eating and drinking and moving around but he hasn't been himself in a week and has some concerning swelling very recently. He's at that age (he's 13 now) where everything is a big deal, so, I can't help but be really worried.

Here's hoping we can get him on the mend. Best pet I ever had, just the sweetest, most lovable spoiled tuxie you ever met.

Hoping the best for you both.

Buttchocks

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

the garden is blooming

Nice! What are the pink ones?

Buttchocks

alnilam posted:

I had ube, or purple yam, ice cream once and it was really good, definitely worth more than a huh

I make sweet potato ice cream every Thanksgiving.

Buttchocks

Do I need to up my alt game? How many should I stockpile?

Buttchocks

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Hello friendos. I have some sad news.

Recently y'all were very kind sending well-wishes to my sick kitty Gomez, and although a valiant effort was made by all he passed away this morning. He was surrounded by loved ones and on his own favorite bed, may we all be so lucky.

This is him when he was just a kitten. He was 11 when he passed, and he is greatly missed.

Deepest condolences.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I got the strep, and it’s in my throat

I feel okay tho, except for the trouble swallowing part

Also condolences.

Buttchocks

I'm going to visit my Grandma. Hope you all have a fun, relaxing day!

Buttchocks

One of my neighbors is moving and gave me some houseplants. Yay! I'm too lazy to take photos. Yay!

Buttchocks

Heather Papps posted:

i finally did it

Congratulations on your new dog-walking business!

Buttchocks

Is there a DLC that lets you laser the rust off stuff?

Buttchocks

Rarity posted:

I have norovirus fml

:stay:
condolences

Buttchocks

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

my cousins father is a surgeon who does appendectomies all the time and my cousin was pretty sure he had appendicitis but his dad was like 'naw you're fine' and then he finally got on webMD and confirmed he actually had appendicitis convinced his dad but it was the weekend in a small town so his dad had to do surgery on him because he was the only surgeon around.

thats my appendicitis story, which is also a story about how surgeons arent always great diagnosticians

Doing my own appendectomy on the floor of the TV room while my surgeon-dad watches the football game.

Buttchocks

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

domino’s has a thing that’s essentially a pan of brownies with cookies baked inside, I see no reason the reverse should be beyond our reach.

Safety Tip: always pour cookie into brownie, not brownie into cookie! And don't over-saturate your cookie-brownie solution or it will precipitate violently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’m surprised more hipsters and millennials didn’t become shakers in the 20teens. It’s kind of right up this generation’s alley

That is kinda surprising, now that I think of it. I could see folks adapting it into something with similar principals while quietly leaving out the parts of shakerism they don't like. Nü-Shakers? With mandatory soul patches for all members, of course. I visited a historical village with a preserved shaker house (no actual shakers though). It seemed like they were big on herbs and other natural medicines, iirc. It was a while ago, so I might be wrong about that.