Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Hugh Malone posted:

cant post, fingers greasy from tamales

how is tomorrow, sweetestwilliamrollingbarrier?

I'm doing pretty well. I made a big batch of pumpkin miso soup and some rice so that's breakfast sorted for a while. I dropped my souvenirs off at work (big thing in Japan) and chatted with a couple of Kiwis here for the Rugby World Cup and travel. Now I'm heading to Kyoto to hang with a friend for a bit. Still shorts weather which is... disconcerting but it was a solid day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Jesus. My love life is like tragicomic at best. I need to lose weight...

Escape From Noise

I dunno. It's probably more personality stuff. I'm nice but I mean who cares? That's like entry level.

I don't plan to lose a ton but recent stress and my current work schedule/eating habits have led to me putting on a bit of weight.

Escape From Noise

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Welcome and hello, I am chatting from atop the Chesapeake Bay Bridge!

Neat. I've never been there. Having a good time?

Escape From Noise

Don't forget to get a famous Chesapeake Bagel!

Escape From Noise

Casey At the Hello & Chat

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

I have an emotional confession to make

I, too, have a nose

Bery brabe ob you

Escape From Noise

OP has no nose!
How do they smell?
Something Awful!

Escape From Noise

Barking Gecko posted:

:anttony:

Also, classification systems = :can:

Worms are tiny snakes.

Edit: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pogo-walt-kelly-original-daily-comic-1898951318

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 7, 2019

Escape From Noise

I'm fine with drawing blood but I HATE getting shots.

Escape From Noise

I had a couple of ingrown toenails a few years back when I was teaching English in rural Japan. My classes on average had around 5 kids and that was with combined grades in elementary school so all of the kids in the village knew me. I was such a baby about the shot of anesthesia I was laying back and I put my arm over my eyes, broke into a cold, clammy sweat, and screamed.

As I was leaving the examination room in the tiny local clinic I saw one of my kindergarten students in the waiting room basically right outside the door and just felt incredibly guilty. A kid that age is probably already a little anxious about the doctor without me screaming behind a closed door.

Escape From Noise

Sand courses through my veins like sands through an hourglass.

Escape From Noise

It is a very serious and spooky medical condition.

Escape From Noise

A Mungo Jerry to you all (although it is night time for me.)!

https://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM

Escape From Noise

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip bum
Sha na na na, sha na na na na na (bah-doo)
Sha na na na, sha na na na na na (bah)
Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip, mum um um um um um
Get a YOB
Sha na na na, sha na na na na na
Well, every morning about this time, she gets out of bed. I ain't even tryin'
Get a YOB

Escape From Noise

death sext posted:

I weigh between 69 and 420 whoever guesses my weight wins a piglet from the county fair

wiwwbrn (wish I were watching babe right now)

Metric or imperial?

You weigh just the right amount!

Escape From Noise

death sext posted:

the piglet was in your heart all along

sorry about that btw he got away from me. I'll cover the medical bills

Is he snuggling the dog?

Escape From Noise

That racy image got me fired.

Fired up!

Escape From Noise

Got my hair re-did. Lookin' fresh as heck.

Escape From Noise

Since you asked so nicely:

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

woah, that's hairy!

It's probably my prominent Slavic genes.

Escape From Noise

I haven't eaten anything since my breakfast style lunch at like 2. It's now 11:30...I should probably eat a thing that's at least sorta healthy or something.

Escape From Noise

Jolo posted:

Gmungo byob, I bring a fresh artisinal new username gifted to me in my spam email:

Sender: language of desire
Subject: Lod Highest Women's Commissions Ever! Cold Traffic Monster

Mama Mia! That's a lot of spicy new user ah-names-ah!

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

I'm the highest woman ever and also a traffic monster

R U single???

Asking for a friend

Escape From Noise

death sext posted:

Look pal, I gotta deliver this diamond bong stat or the Miss Highest Woman pageant will be ruined

High Babe

Escape From Noise

alnilam posted:

[extremely 2007 voice] the cake is a lie

or maybe it's made with lye? note to self double check before eating

Lye soap is pretty great.

Escape From Noise

Saint Mungo be with you all this fine morning. I'm brewing my second pot of tea. Might even make a third. I am a madman who cannot be stopped.

Escape From Noise

Goddamn. California's power/water infrastructure is so unbelievably hosed.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckula posted:

They’re related. No rain for drinking, no rain for trees. The wind blows the dead trees onto the power lines and starts fires. So it gets windy and they figure no power, no sparks.

But this too ^^^^^ :shrug:

No worries, I’ve collected the stage 1 emergency kit and I’m freezing water so I’m pretty prepared.

Are you stockpiling gasoline? Also possibly consider building a large wall with a sturdy gate surrounded by a dry moat. Also get your hands on some used sports equipment and crossbows. Consider developing a taste for human flesh.

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckula posted:

No, my stage 1 supplies include 4 candles, a lighter, 3 lanterns, and 2 headlamps.

That’s enough for me to find the rest of the supplies when the lights go out.

We don’t use gasoline so that won’t help but it’s clear our e-vehicles won’t survive the first wave of the apocalypse. Probably should have thought that through.

I think we have some old gymnastics grips around here, and an old bocce set in the garage.

Also I’m vegetarian which is going to mess with my cannibalism.

Let’s face it, my odds aren’t really good.

Okay. We can work with this. Could you maybe attach a handcranked dynamo to your cars? even if you don't use it though you could cord gas. It will be useful for trading and flamethrowers.

I understand you're a vegetarian but during the apocalypse may have to bend your morals. Just eat whoever you have to kill in self defense.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 9, 2019

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

BUT WHAT IF I NEED TO GOOGLE "WHAT IS A JUGGALO" DURING THE OUTAGE

You should probably just buy a hardcopy of the song.

Edit: For reference

Escape From Noise

A grand mungbean to you all! Late morning here. Work at noon today, so I'll probably be on time today. Heheheheh.

GaG, who is your favorite German band? Admittedly I only know a few but I think mine is Einstürzende Neubauten. I would love to see them live but they don't tour outside of Europe anymore as far as I know. Which sucks but hey! I get it.

Escape From Noise

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

My brother in law was diagnosed with glioblastoma brain cancer, so my wife and I drove down to Asheville to deliver him some Rick Simpson Oil that I made for him and some other marijuana related medicines because North Carolina would rather its citizens suffer and die than have relief.

He’s going through targeted radiation therapy and chemo, and then an experimental trial involving infecting the cancer cells with a virus, then giving him a vaccine so the body can attack the virus using his own autoimmune system to destroy it.

My gifts to him were to provide relief from pain, nausea and lack of appetite, as well as to provide another layer of anti cancer and to boost the other treatments he’s going through.

He got 8 hours of unmedicated (not taking Ativan which he hates) sleep for the first time he started the cancer treatments, so :dance:

His oncologist encouraged him to try cannabis if he could get his hands on any.

Oh dang! Didn't see this. I hope everything goes as well as possible! It's good you were able to provide some relief.

Escape From Noise

Saw this near work.

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

Why on earth is it crying? Doesn't it want to be a wall? Was it forced there? Did it want to be a chair or a table instead? Is it its dream to one day become a beautiful tattoo?

He's just so proud of you.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

u evr do a crime?

Like get sushi and not pay?

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

cherry glazerr just dropped a new video~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0NvOxM8kPY

Cherry Glazerr is great. I remember hearing them on KEXP, which was one of the only cool things about living in Seattle.

Escape From Noise

Hm....goddamn. Off the top of my head:
Aquabats
Sunn O)))
Melt-Banana
Boredoms
Lightning Bolt
Boris
Sleep
Sonic Youth
Kim Gordon with Yoshimi Pee-Wee
Jesus Lizard
OOIOO
Melvins
Shellac

Edit: You have opened a can of worms here

Daniel Menche
Justice Yeldham

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 10, 2019

Escape From Noise

Godflesh was also awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Monotonix was probably one of the craziest and best too.