Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Foodahn posted:

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/701947647398023168

SFV server maintenance extended "indefinitely"

I picked a drat fine day to buy SFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Gunder posted:

I wish Zangief was easier to learn, he's the coolest character on the roster by far, but he feels really difficult compared to Ryu. I guess scrubs aren't meant to play Zangief. :(

Edit: Is there an easy way to do 720s? I always have to jump in.

Easiest way to hit a standing 720 is when you're in the poo poo you throw out his forward medium kick, it does that hopping knee and as soon as it goes you spin it to win it. You buffer the spinning in the animation of that jumping knee and after it hits it pops out and combos if you did it fast enough.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

You can also make fight money doing it the cheese way which saves you from paying for things.

literally barely notice the color change on his default you're in the clear

Its nothing like skin change just like his thong and bracer.

Normal gets you a weird green/orange combo, black trunks Gief and my coveted color Cheddah Gief. Only problem is Cheddah Gief doesn't turn him super dark tan like Marvel and poo poo.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

cheeda gief isn't black? 2/10

Yeaaaaaaaah, still my go to trunks though. The teal trunks are unlocked either through hard or hell so odds are i'll never see em'.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Just a heads up if you fat fingered your in game ID or you just want to change it you can email feedback@capcom.com with the following template and they'll fix it or change it. Took about a week and a half for me after they passed it around internally.

Current Fighter ID / flag:

Change requested to fighter ID / flag:

Platform (PC/PS4):

Steam ID/PSN ID (Your steam id number they want can be found on your fighter profile)

Reason for request:

Hadn't seen this around much so thought i'd pass it on.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

croutonZA posted:

Alex is just going to be his 3rd strike sprite with combofiend doing voice acting isn't it?

You think he could get out "At ease LOOSAH!" without throwing in a low "yooooooooooo" in there somewhere?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Reznor posted:

I can't zangierf hard enough. How does snakeyes pull a spd anytime a block happens?

He has evolved beyond normal human understanding and can actually see the infrared aura a jab spd range has.

Also he's a grappling autist.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pomp posted:

it's not so much that street fighter kills other games, and more than for some loving reason the a large chunk of the american scene only plays Capcom fighters. You're lucky if you have local Marvel (RIP) or Guilty Gear, god forbid one of those three aren't actually your favorite game. For a lot of people, not clicking with the current street fighter for whatever reason means being stuck online.

Like me and 20 other people in this country are going to play kof 14

I'd say we could move to Mexico where our kind are appreciated but i'm kinda burned out on KOF 97.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Butyraceous posted:

I fought a dude named Papa_geif, and he was a pretty fun gief player, he woulda won but I realized that I just had to stay really far away from him and won barely. How do you keep away from his running grab? I would hold back and still got caught, I'm guessing a jump/jump attack? It seemed to work a few times I did it, but is that punishable?

You don't, you just take it and play the wakeup game. Tell all your Dhalsim friends.

...please?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Alright gimmie all those sick 1 frame links I need to be hitting and 14 hit target combos for Gief.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Zand posted:

fgs were better off dead.

Hey at least this'd make a pretty good name change later. Everyone would still know who you were.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

You can put out the patch in a timely manner give people a better indicator of time than something as non descript as "within the month" but I guess that takes more foresight than next to none

OH HO HO HO HO HO

Dias posted:

legit more interesting than alex tho

Now you're just lying.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Dias posted:

I mean, bad posting aside, I never got the appeal of Alex and he is yet another hybrid grappler that's gonna jump at you and run a flowchart afterwards, so I'm not stoked at all for him.

Well you see, the reason to dig him is...

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm looking forward to Alex 80% because of his theme

This and because he does cool poo poo like pose and go "AT EASE, LOOSAH!"

I wish he had Hyper Bomb so bad. :smith:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

I wanna believe Jazzy NYC will sound good since Karin's theme is p on point but then there's the Bison and Ryu and Zangief themes and I don't know if it'll actually be one of the good ones

Whoa whoa whoa... Zangief's theme is loving great. Ryu's is fine. Bison's I could leave though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Baal posted:

Zangief's is really boring. Like the Jazzy SFIV version is a cool way to play and Ryu having orchestral backing is so played out at this point.

Whaaaaa? SFV's Zangief theme is waaay better than IVs. You're having a case of the Liam opinions right now.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I dig the sax in his 4 theme but I think the build up and the high point in his 5 theme beats the entire rest of 4's theme. I refuse to budge on this point and will become bitter as gently caress about this minor nothing.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I'm just trying to figure out what the gently caress they're gonna make Balrog's V-skill in this game. I'm afraid it's gonna be some variation of the turn around punch or the headbutt.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

I have not remembered a single fighting game Stage/Character Theme since CvS2

When did CvS2 come out again? Was it after KOF2000? Because i'm pretty sure Goodbye Esaka is the last one you NEED to remember.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

cams posted:

MARK OF THE MILLENIUM

i miss cvs2

That's right. CvS1 is MILLENNIUM FIGHT 2000!

gently caress I miss stage intros.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jesus christ. Expect another all day maintenance on Wed too.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Since they've been going with some semi-obscure Street Fighter characters, I really think they should add someone from Saturday Night Slammasters and Rival Schools \ Project Justice because they're tangentially related to Street Fighter and Final Fight. Rival Schools has Sakura in it and Slammasters has Haggar who was from Final Fight which is in the SF universe so it's like a Kevin Bacon degrees of separation thing.

Also, we have Cody, Guy, Rolento, Sodom, Poison and Hugo all playable in Street Fighter games, I'd really like Mike Haggar to finally show up as a playable character someday.

He's in Marvel 3. Plus I don't see Haggar making it into anywhere that already has Zangief since their usually depicted offense is the same. Maybe if they hosed around and gave him some pipe based attacks or something.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Alright, that's pretty loving good.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Benson Cunningham posted:

He seems really hard to balance. V-Trigger links off almost everything and you can ex air spd after for around 400 damage. His H.SPD still does about 1/4th of most character's life. He has possibly the best ult in the game.

If he has an easier way to get in, he could quickly become a very oppressive character. It'd be cool if absorbing a fireball with his F.HP increased his walk speed for a short time, or something like that.

My friend from work and I were talking about this. We both play Gief and were trying to figure out how to better him without breaking him or having to do the effort thing (which Capcom probably doesn't wanna do) of putting Banishing Flat back in. Only things we could figure out were poo poo like loving with his lariat and his cyclone. We figured they clearly thought his flexin' and projectile killing headbutt were his new tools to get in that they didn't need green hand but too many matchups devolve into take tons of white life and hope you can get in on them before they catch you with a lucky jab making all that effort you did worth nothing. I don't know if making his flexing a straight up parry would have worked better but it'd probably have been broken on activating the cyclone where it's infinite until your meter runs out. Basically we're both waiting with baited breath to see if they do anything at all for him but, as i've said before, I totally expect the only change they'll give him is a nerf to his jab SPD range just to gently caress with us.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Sodom's Big Rig Fiesta, Ken's Capcom Cameo Birthday Party and Sakura's backyard are peak Alpha series stages.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

KoF save us from this nightmare.

Praise be unto our savior Terry Bogard.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Bisse posted:

EDIT: Like the recent Combo Breaker top 8. I ended up skipping much of it because it was just monotonous. I think another poster said the same thing earlier. The only noise from the crowd ever was when they were copying Karin's ho-ho-ho laugh because they had nothing else to do, that and cheers when someone won. And, like, i'm certain it's more fun to play than to watch. And the mechanics of SFV are better designed so it should be a better fighting game. And in many ways, it is. But I feel like somehow, somehow, that doesn't seem to have translated to a game that is actually more fun to play or to watch.

The only other time I remember hearing the crowd pop was when it was Alex vs Laura because hey gang, here's Alex and Laura and Alex brought his Hyperbomb with him. The wheels fell off that pretty fast though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I'm pretty sure if they put Gief in SMASH he wouldn't have been bottom tier.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Wait a sec is that Tiffany from Rival Schools in the background?

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh snap and Hinata, too

I'm goddamn surprised Capcom remembered what Rival Schools was.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Nalin posted:

Looks like you don't just "get" story mode on the PC version. I had to visit the Steam store page for the DLC and click the Download button to get it registered with my game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/475230/

Then I had to go to my Steam Library and click the checkbox on the actual DLC package in order to get it to install. It is a separate 7.4 GB download and is NOT part of the 8 GB download that recently came out.

The game should have launched with this. Why does it have to be manually added to the game separately? This is so dumb.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck you Capcom. Was hoping since I was gonna get home late and already downloaded that 8 gig patch that i'd be able to gently caress around in it a little for the first time since Alex came out. Guess not. 98 time.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

The next character with be Officer Peter followed by Large Bison Troop #2.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Firstborn posted:

In Dan's summary in the shop for Zangief's Macho Man costume it says he looks exactly like another game character that spits yellow mist. What?

All I can think of is Raiden/Big Bear in the Fatal Fury/KOF games but he spits green mist usually. Did someone from Saturday Night Slam Masters spit mist?

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ahahaha.

People shouldn't loiter in graveyards.

Also I too am upset that everyone no-sells Mika's stunner. A FINISHER IS A FINISHER DAMNIT!