Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Funky looking lava lamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I think since they ran ads on tv and shipped Ono to any media outlet they could think of they thought the game was ready for everyone, not just competitive players.

teagone posted:

I'm one of the biggest proponents of this game, but even I thought not giving an Alex teaser and instead trolling the FGC at the end of Final Round was horrible move.

Fair enough. Haunts' should've really have known better, I was just a bit surprised by the backlash especially on the SF subreddit that's generally got Capcom's back no matter what.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

still cant host lobbies, still dont get flags or bars in searches

Have you tried that thing where you play on a different profile? Does that even work?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
How about a little musical interlude to calm those nerves eh goons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlHOasCgxY

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Are you sure? That twitter account is verified.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
They're also adding daily challenges for online modes right? Are those in this update?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I know they wanted a nice bump in their end of year reports but I wonder how much better the game would've been received if Capcom released it in March or at least went with a digital only Feb early access release.

Help Im Alive posted:

Has there been a F2P model for fighting games that hasn't been garbage yet

They really should've gone for a Tekken/SoulCalibur style character customisation system to maximise F2P cash. People love hats and pretty dresses and would probably pay for it.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 24, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Are the 8-player lobbies like Skullgirls and Xrd (good) or are they like the lobbies in USF4 (poo poo).

I don't know for sure but in the video they put out today it sounds very much like the latter.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

man nurse posted:

I want a new stage without having to buy the season pass for it. I mean like, how will that even play online? Will people who don't own it still end up fighting on the new stage online if someone else owns it? Will it be purchasable on the store with MY FIGHT MONEEEEEY? I need answers Capcom.

What's the chances this stage is just a variation of the existing ones? Like Kanzuki Estate during the day or something.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

anime was right posted:

tbh i dont mind the little story thingies for each character (i even like them conceptually), i just wish the fights in them had something else going on and the art wasnt made in 10 seconds. they make way way way more sense than an arcade mode for stories. there should have been a separate arcade mode tho (with something else going on at the beginning/ending)

I'd honestly be okay with a Virtua Fighter style arcade mode with no intro and the ending is just replays from your matches with the credits rolling. It'd also be cool if you had to beat up giant letters to enter your name for the high score list but that's a bit much.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I think the only tool you'll need for SFV's story mode is a controller with an automatic turbo function.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Holding that L is hard for some folks I suppose.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

What I dont get is ragequitting in Casuals or Lobbies. I mean I get why they do it usually because winning too much or losing too much (or obviously lag.) But what's the point? Isn't non-ranked just practice? It happens so much I'm starting to think it's more like a trend than a coincidence.

I go into lobbies for the sole purpose of getting my rear end handed to me repeatedly over long periods of time. It's a huge inconvenience!

Yeah, but what if Daigo looks at their profile and checks a replay and sees them losing? He'll think they are a scrub.

(Do casual and lobby replays get saved? I never bothered with that much because the whole process of having to add a replay to your favourites to watch it is really dumb.)

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

With vsync, doesnt the PC and PS4 version still have different input lag? Maybe he simply got it down perfectly in PC conditions but PS4 isnt quite the same?

According to displaylag.com the PS4 version has 122ms of lag and according to that graphic that was going around earlier this week the PC version has 133ms of lag. Different people doing the tests and maybe using different methods so I'm not sure how seriously you should take that comparison but it seems pretty similar.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Way better than the "lets go x. clap clap. clap clap clap." chant that was going earlier.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Agoat posted:

Will we have Alex when it finishes?

There's a new pak file called pakchunk15-WindowsNoEditor.pak (pakchunk0 to pakchunk14 contain the base 16 characters) so I'm thinking Alex's files are there but he'll only be unlocked on the 30th.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Pomp posted:

still no d-input support :frogbon:

Yeah, they can't even get their real money store up and running. D-input support is very much down in the priority list imo.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Alex's alt. His hair is now both fries and bananas.

Source I guess http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8272368&t=11540300

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Baal posted:

Yeah, that's about the only difference and it's unfortunate because her hair still sucksd

At least this one won't clip through her arm on the character select P2 side.

So these are the "battle" costumes for the cast that didn't have one at release yes?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Baal posted:

Yeah, these are probably alts to keep up with Hot Ryu, Dress Chun, Mirror's Edge Cammy, and uhhh... Bison with poo poo all over him?

Cool, thank you.

Here's a post with the costumes running in game: http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8272408&t=11540300

Zangief, Laura and Necalli are my favs.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

SNAP INTO A CYCLONE!

BE A MAN ALEX!

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

Ken's costume is so loving bad

It's really loving boring.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So is Alex still in the background of the City stage?

And how are the challenges, typos aside?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Goth people seem way cooler these days.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
That trainer's probably not going to work with the new version of the game.

Anyway, gamecopyworld is good place to find trainers.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Do games at Evo usually see a sales bump around that time?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't know where they sourced this:

https://twitter.com/AGNativeimpact/status/714849287147012096

edit: I refuse to believe that's capcom, because it's not banana colored.

It's from the same guy that made the Q mod. He's PFunk on the SFxT mod forum. He's good.

So why are they saving Alex until the 30th anyway? His files are there and everyone's getting him anyway.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 29, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Agoat posted:

Edit: There's a mod on Reddit to play Alex early. Is Capcom banning people for doing this? Is there a way to just stay offline?

These work by replacing another character (I think FANG because lolFANG) with Alex so definitely don't take it online.

Either pull out your ethernet cable or block the game in your firewall.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

S.J. posted:

Does buying the season pass unlock all the colors for the characters as well?

We don't know yet but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

By the way, why don't Capcom have a couple of PSN accounts with all the colours and costumes unlocked for TOs to use during tournaments?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vv4X3fp8G0
Also this owns pretty hard. I love this guy's laugh.

Anyone know what the original of this clip is about? I'm curious.

Edit: Nm, googling laughing spanish guy got me the original.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 29, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

cloofish posted:

So unlocking colors through survival was impossible and tedious (per costume even) and naturally this was a setup to funnel money out of the economy, right?

Apparently not, new colors will be available for purchase, but not colors 3-10. Maybe they'll be available when the Zenny store opens (though it's already beyond dumb that it isn't opening for an indeterminate amount of time) but for now you'll have to be on PC and use the trainer to unlock the colors in any reasonable way.

I find it a little weird they're charging money (real or fake) for what is essentially a color overlay. It's not even a different texture.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Things about Laura that suck:

Boom
Body doesn't really match her design background of lean mean UFC machine.
Man hands
That giant pinkie finger on her win pose

The only bad thing about Laura is that "Ding ding, I took this round!" line when you win a round. It's awful.

Everything else is objectively great.

Edit: For people on PC that want colours, you could just hexedit a couple of files and make survival only last 1 fight you know? Hell, I could make it for you if that wouldn't get me in trouble around here.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 30, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Why would that get you in trouble?

Oh... my bad. I thought I should be on the safe side.

Anyway, here's the mod: http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/UvtFJ6Hm/file.html
It makes medium and hard survival last 1 fight, easy is easy enough as is so I just left it. I'd recommend using this offline in case you get banned. I highly doubt that will happen but you never know I guess.

Install with this program: http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8272560&t=1154112

Or you can follow the instructions in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biBqcHhPfts&t=13s

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Nodoze posted:

Who here is using mod manager? Whenever I try to install one it never shows up in the game

Have you set your install path in options? Did you click "read game archives" in the mod list? Are you using the latest version? The old version doesn't work with yesterday's update.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

dhamster posted:

Does that "mod medium/hard survival to one round" trainer still work post-patch?

I just tested it with Mika's alt and it still works. If you run into issues, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Hobojim posted:

Does anybody have the SFV guide handy? The google doc I have bookmarked shows Necalli's s.HP and cr.HP as 9 frames of startup for each, just wondering if that's accurate. Trying to work out punishes for Alex moves and if the 9 frames is right then Dantarion's got a mistake or two in his alex data.

Yup, Prima guide says it's 9f.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 30, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
The quality of a Street Fighter game is directly proportional to the quality of Ken's model/sprite.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
This game should have TF2 style stats that show up when you lose a game. "You lost but you antiaired 5 jump-ins this match, a new record!" or "You tech'd 3 throws! That's close to your record of 4!"

poo poo like that would probably make new players stick around more.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Microwaves Mom posted:

Just checked and sadly the trainer does not work :smith:

I'm surprised capcom patched it to fix it as they're incompetent at everything else.
I'd imagine it was a coincidence and it probably doesn't work because of a number or something changed in the game from 1.01 to 1.02

Hopefully a new version will be out for color farming soon.

It's not really Capcom patching out the trainer, it's just that they're made for specific versions of a game and updates usually break them. It'll be updated soon probably.

Otherwise, use this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=458045118

Jfc capcom. This is getting embarrassing now.

croutonZA fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 31, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Night Blade posted:

This seems extremely important.

Why wouldn't you pick Necalli's theme? It's so good.

hiddenriverninja posted:

When you need inspiration...

This is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So that's what those $100 training sessions are paying for.