Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i cant believe they actually took away juri's fireballs. i'm so mad about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zand posted:

a cool game to start with would be a game with a rich tutorial system and single player modes designed to ease a new player into and teach the basics of what can be an extremely complicated and difficult to grasp game genre. soul calibur V is unfortunately only available on last-generation consoles.

whoa i loved soul calibur v but i don't remember it having any of those things. pokken is a good recent example though, even if it isn't that complicated over all.

namco makes good fighters, can't wait for tekken 7 and hopefully a soul calibur 6. hell if tekken x street fighter ever happens maybe my favorite street fighter juri will finally be in a good game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I acted on this threads recommendation and picked up Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

How do I get good with Light Chao, his tank is cool but I'm not sure if I'm playing him right.

the chao walker is the fastest of the shooting characters outside of tails when he's using the tornado costume, so take advantage of that to avoid damage. your special moves require less rings than the other characters as well, so don't be afraid to abuse them. the downside of course is that your damage is lower than the others but as long as you aren't getting hit yourself that's not a problem, just take your time.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

juri will be good in tekken x street fighter, a game which will be developed and released at some point in my lifetime, by a much better team than capcom and dimps

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i always loved watching chris g's morrigan

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tekken is fun but i always liked soul calibur more. tekken 7 looks really good though and it has alisa, my favorite

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Brosnan posted:

Unless you're a dumb rear end in a top hat like this guy

serious question because i don't follow tekken, what's the reason for not liking alisa? i only messed aroudn with friends in tag tournament 2 and i liked that she kicked her head at people and had chainsaw arms, that's as deep as i got.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

play me in rivals of aether, with patch .15 coming in a few days, gamer

ive actually been wanting to play that again.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

2 stock became standard because that's what For Glory, the game's random online 1v1 mode, was set to. TOs decided to start with that in tournaments to see how it worked out and its largely been fine for the players. there are some regions that play 3 stock but that will probably never become standard.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Golem II posted:

Then what? I play online and lose

losing is how you get better

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked watching gootecks play rose on excellent adventures

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

just don't play this game at all

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yeah, they should be ordered by series and developer instead

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i had fun playing ultra for the month that i played it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Soul Calibur V... is Good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

The best part of the Mvc3 guide is that they had those "power level" stat charts for the characters, and the women all had low intelligence lol

weren't those just taken directly from the game? because there's definitely power level charts in the character bios under gallery. or was that only added in ultimate?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

44 days until Tekken 7!!! w00t!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i remember when people joked that they'd take away juri's fireballs. and then they actually did

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ZWZ posted:

This is the worst part of SFV for me.

Its a bad game sure but theoretically there could be a new fighting game with street fighter characters in it that's worth playing and if Juri is in it there may be pressure by capcom to use her boring modern design rather than her sf4/sfxt version.

i think about this too. i'm still holding out hope for a namco developed tekken x street fighter and i really dont want the bad changes made to characters in sfv to muck it up, especially juri.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

akuma is better in tekken 7 than ryu is in super smash bros

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

don't worry, if you spend even more money you can make the character look the way you actually want them to look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like poison's story outfit