Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Coolest part of the story mode is at the end when Balrog and Vega just pack it up and leave because they're out of a job. Gill showing up is super cool. I'd be down for more story DLC to tell the story of 3S. Also fighting Ryu v Ken at the end was really nice.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Love Stole the Day posted:

Also I loved that the new difficulty was unlocked at the end there. I had no idea there was more than just the Brainlessly Easy mode!

It was kinda jarring considering it's at the end but whatever.

I bought the Ken alt. I'm so happy.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cloofish posted:

Actually it's just whenever Gief gets focus.

Actually this. Everything so said is second to gief

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Fang is supposed to have gross hands because of the poison but he just looks like he hasn't washed them in a month.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

buffybot posted:

Is there anyone in this thread that would be willing to do some coaching? I'm competing in EVO in a little over and week and I think I've gotten as good as I'm going to playing and learning stuff on my own. I'm still having a lot of trouble with Nash, Karin, Chun Li and grapplers. Zangief in particular gives me a headache. I'm currently a super bronze Ken but I am beating silver Ryus and Kens reliably and can hang in there with golds of the matchups I understand. Name your price. :)

Get on Discord

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

buffybot posted:

I said hi in the chillzone. What next?

Find people to play against and learn from. Play long sets. I may be on soon. No promises.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

Mei is bad and I hate her

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

if you can do anything remotely complicated consistently on the analog stick you are a god

I play on an Xbone pad using the stick.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

I mean for better or worse, Street Fighter is 'bigger than the genre' (see: World of Warcraft and MMO fans, Metallica and metalheads, etc). drat near anyone who identifies as a fighting game fan will have played some Street Fighter, but there's lot's of Street Fighter players who aren't interested in other games. If someone comes in looking to learn to play Street Fighter and you say "play Xrd instead because' it's objectively better" that might not be something their interested in hearing, because they don't want to learn how to play a fighting game, they want to learn how to play Street Fighter.

You also really can't underestimate demographics and playerbase population. Fighting games are inherently a multiplayer experience. If you can't convince people to play them with then you're probably not gonna play for very long. I go to a local club and see all sorts of crazy fighting games being played, but 95% of people who buy Street Fighter are probably casual people just looking to play with their friends on a couch and they probably haven't heard of other fighting games existing except for Mortal Kombat and the one time they rented Soul Calibur 2 a decade ago. The game's already in the public consciousness, so that's a waaaay easier sell than "mystery anime fighter that I've never seen anyone in real life play before". You can tell a dude on the east coast who's going to McDonald's that In and Out is way better and that's a fact, but that's not helpful if the nearest location is a few thousand kilometres away. Unless you have friends that play Xrd or are a proactive enough person to look for them (and then you're probably not a casual) you're probably not gonna be too interested.

I play Xrd. It's a good game. But when I tell my non FGC friends that I play it (who are mostly people pretty well versed in video games) the two almost immediate questions are always 1) What's Xrd? and 2) Why aren't you playing Street Fighter instead? I grew up playing video games, and only got interested in GG because of the thread here. The only things I had ever heard about the series pre-Xrd were mid-2000's Bridget memes.

I'm honestly kind of amazed at how casually popular SF is despite how hard it is to play, actually (by "game" standards, not "fighting game" standards). I mean any one posting a thread online about it is probably interested enough to actually want to learn to play, but there's a significant amount of couch players who see executing a DP motion as an insurmountable barrier. Link based combos? poo poo's hard. Fighting games are hard. That some of them somehow sell millions of copies despite that is actually kind of amazing, because I don't think there's any other genre where the majority of people who buy it can't even execute their basic mechanics.

Mortal Kombat is also a good example of this but for much more casual reasons.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Golem II posted:

People just spam buttons as Karen and win. This game is trash

Golem II posted:

Everytime I play this game online it is just Ken and Ryu spamming poo poo.

Which is it??

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
A loving rootkit? Seriously?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cloofish posted:

cams just loving fight bebop already, the thread demands it

whoever bitches out of this fight is getting blown up in the OP

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Did those two guys ever fight? Bebop and whoever?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I played Guilty Gear today and it was awesome.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Also, now he has a macro to do this:

This is godlike.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Marvel is dope.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
All of you suck rear end unless you hang out on Discord.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

how would that be "not too bad of a nerf"

I'm done playing if this happens

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't kept up with the season 2 changes but if looks like they nerfed the entire cast

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

CaptCommy posted:

The two characters I play (Urien, Dictator) seem to have gotten nothing but buffs. Like, Urien got some crazy ones (including a crossup on j.LK) that I didn't even think he really needed.

I'm still amazed at the Vega changes. I don't mind the Urien buffs but nerfing half the cast on top of that is insane.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

I will miss rear end in a top hat kens throwing out safe tatsus with broken hitboxes and mashing ex dp through them as a follow up

Weird, I'm gonna miss throwing out safe tatsus with broken hitboxes. :/

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbN3Fvbd3qs

repost

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lol I know those guys

Count Bleck posted:

I admire the modder's effort.

I'm appalled at the user's needs.

The guy that made the stick has carpal tunnel

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
PS4 EXCLUSIVE SUCK MY DICK

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Always play borderless windowed IMO

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Who are these characters

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Ed looks cool. What makes him easy mode?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

His moves are all done with buttons, no charge, no motion

This actually seems really cool.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Ed is dope.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'd love it if Capcom fixed SFV for season 3.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Me too but we all know that it's not going to happen.

Even if they fire everyone responsible for this travesty, there's just too much there that needs to be fixed and Capcom seems to be way more interested in selling you season passes and costumes packs than making an actual good game.

DBZ comes out in January. :)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
IMO I don't mind paying for more content over time but they should discount the base game or give you extra goodies for buying early/full price

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I hated that costume in 4 that took up half the screen. Blanka ball was jarring with those big rear end wings.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I play Ken and I hated fighting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

COOL CORN posted:

Wait do you have to pick one and only one character to play as in online games? Like... you can't just pick a character when the match starts?

What the hell is this game

In ranked matches you pick your character before you start matchmaking.