Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I main Cammy please don't be mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So are there just not stage BGMs?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Beat two Rashids in a row, league down'd someone's Zangief, and finally made it to bronze. That was a successful venture!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

i can't beat survival mode on normal

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just want more fight money :negative: I could breach 300,000 if I could get some normal survivals completed, but like you said, once you get to the final few rounds the game's just like nope.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

street fighter V: yes, or no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juf6dPHLhc8

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like SF4 and SF5 too but I'm not very good at them.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Holy poo poo, I finally beat survival on normal. With Laura of all people, lol.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bisse posted:

Laura actually seems good. Like she is garbage at everything except the one thing that really matters so far in this game which is footsies, frame traps, overall the mid range game. And she seems good at converting to big damage from midrange stuff. I haven't played her but she looks like a good close range brawler to me.

She also has a mean anti air from my experience fighting her online.

So here's a question I haven't bothered to ask until now. What's a V-Reversal and how do I do one

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BOOOM!~

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Monaghan posted:

Well two weeks in and I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. Cammy is fun though her v-skill is lame.

I like using it to pass through fireballs and other projectile attacks, or to get out of a corner. It's easily punishable by a good player though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm just doing it for the fight money. I almost have enough for three characters.

The best strategy for survival, on normal at least, is to just jump HK followed by crouching HK. Once they're knocked down, jump straight up and repeat as they're rising. Cheesed Nicalli and Bison just now doing this.

If you have high enough health going in, grabbing a defense up buff helps as well.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zaa Boogie posted:

Almost enough for 3 characters after less than a month? Pretty good!

I mean the bad news is that now that I've exhausted the story stuff and most of the do-able survival runs, all that's leftover is the 50 you get per online win. Not counting whatever challenge mode and the story proper will give you, but. I figure unlocking half of the season pass characters and shelling out for the remaining three is a bit more agreeable than plunking down $30.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do you get fight money for survival attempts or completions only?

edit: Will Capcom be reasonable and sell color packs to unlock for everyone or go the dick route and make them per character (or even costume!)?

There's no way it isn't going to be on a per character and per costume basis.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Scrubbed my way up to super bronze and hit 300,000 FM. where update capcom

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

slev posted:

I like the game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think Ono has come out and said Sakura will never not be a schoolgirl. And she may not be in the game, as due the timeline she'll be grown up.

I thought this game took place between 3 and 4

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

People should try and enjoy things a little more, when it comes to video games they are playing, imo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gunder posted:

Casual should just have character select. I understand having a favourite character for Ranked, but Casual should let you pick.

Agree

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Somehow clawed my way back up to super bronze in a drunken haze last night. Having a lot of fun playing this game, very excited for the March update. I've got 300,000 FM ready to go.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

im cammy and zangeif is this thread

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This thread got exponentially better.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I want a new stage without having to buy the season pass for it. I mean like, how will that even play online? Will people who don't own it still end up fighting on the new stage online if someone else owns it? Will it be purchasable on the store with MY FIGHT MONEEEEEY? I need answers Capcom.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Wait I just realized, they are going to charge money for stages and every character that they're adding post launch. LOL.

Horosho! You have very good muscle!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So does the vsync stuff on PC really make a difference?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

the capcom own zone

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The obvious solution to the servers breaking under everyone trying to access the new content is just to take them offline all day altogether.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Why do I suddenly become good at this game when I've been drinking

Street Fighter is an enabler.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

Most accurate tier list yet:

I've ran into plenty of geifs and no dhalsims.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hate Ken and his stupid banana-hair.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My 100th ranked victory and I'm still only super bronze :negative:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like this game and wish it hadn't flopped. I can't hang with these Silver league peeps.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lhet posted:

Is nobody playing this game anymore? I keep having rematches in ranked.
Also it sucks to not win ever because I'm that much worse than everybody else.

The player base has dropped dramatically to where you'll only ever be matched against the like ultra-silvers and stuff who are still playing. Sorry, it sucks, but the game flopped.

I still like it though. :(

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I still like this game and I hope it gets better.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Goetta posted:

I still like SFV and usually have fun whenever I play it :shrug:

Same, friend. I hope they continue trying to improve it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm unreasonably excited for the new stages.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm excited for the Street Fighter 5 updates.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

croutonZA posted:

Question, on steam is the story mode downloaded automatically or do I need to grab something from the store like the PS4 version?

Yeah, you need to go to the game's DLC page and add it to your library, then install it like any other dlc.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

help me, I just spent like $60 on premium battle outfits

It started innocently enough with $5 to get one or two, then I saw Macho Man Zangief and oh god :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

To be fair, some of that money went towards new stages and characters.

it was worth it