Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

this game is real boring and capcoms implementation of rollback is really bad and it's technically a mess

wait until March
i think this game is insanely fun and has the best netcode of any game played by as many people as are playing it now

buy it now

these are both two very high content posts that this thread should totally be full of, and not at all worthless garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm glad we've finally moved on from that thread full of circlejerky memes and white noise that has very little to do with the game

Jmcrofts posted:

More coming soon!
dictator please.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay, so what's Laura's best way of getting in on a dude chucking fireballs at you?
move forward, block. repeat until you put a gun in your mouth and kill yourself from frustration. ex elbow through single durability fireballs on reaction, but that's it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

*rubs at small scar on forhead*

it good game guys it good
oh thank god you're still posting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fchamp just handed me my first sf5 double perfect.

that was fun. seriously i just came home from work why was that my first match

cams
Mar 28, 2003

even if legacy controllers functioned perfectly, they should still be banned for the dual shock requirement and the fact that you gotta go digging into menus to sync them. tournaments need to run smooth.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Chun Li's "Sorry!" title is the best and perfect for me
i do like getting apologies from people who decide to use good characters, yes. everyone who uses a better character than laura owes me an apology personally.

i'll be waiting, entire sfv playerbase

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fereydun posted:

nobody really wants to accept that the game sucks because if it does they have to be forced to this poo poo for another 10 years + it still has new game shine making it fun
if everyone says the game sucks and it tanks then its another dark age bc capcom is eternally seeking to get out of the fg business
the idea that everyone who likes the game is wrong is super cool.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i can't wait to spend my fight money on laura's super cool and interesting story mode costume

lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

I think Sim gets wrecked by Rashid and Bison which is probably enough to keep him out of true top tier. Against everyone else though, especially shotos and grapplers, he's insanely good.
overall, the characters are very balanced, and after that it just comes down to matcups. only having two bad matchups is amazing.

this is a good time to post a thing that you should all absolutely give me poo poo for. played between 400-500 matches with laura, here are my thoughts on the matchup. x axis denotes whether the matchup presents offensive or defensive problems, in the middle means both, y axis is just good matchup/bad matchup.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/sfv...0Struggles-x410

i actually think the gief matchup is worse than i have on there, but my problems with that matchup don't seem to be echo'd by most laura's, so i put him where he is.

cams fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 23, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Don't know who set up the beginner's list, but you really should put Laura into "You will lose a lot but learn things." I swear to god there's no character that teaches you more even if she's bottom of the barrel terrible.
curious what you specifically think of this, you're the only other guy on here i know who has been playing laura a ton

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gotcha, i mostly agree. i think that karin has a really hard time actually getting in on laura. once she gets in she's a problem. mika is similar but i think she has better tools for getting in and is scarier when she does. she's way over in defensive struggles cause i have no problem getting in on a mika, but keeping her out is rough.

i think i find ryu an easier matchup cause he's pretty much the same character i've been playing for a while. vega is a new man and holy god do am i terrified of his normals. can't get passed them.

cams posted:

fchamp just handed me my first sf5 double perfect.

that was fun. seriously i just came home from work why was that my first match
i ended up running into him way later in the night, here is what i was able to do with some time to think on the matchup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_bStwTyHhk

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Who is this Kazunoku guy, I hear James Chen talk about him all the time but I've never seen him play
is this a real thing? i'm not sure i don't commit internet people to memory so i don't know if this is jokes.

if not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9qEnm_Nik

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Foodahn posted:

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/701947647398023168

SFV server maintenance extended "indefinitely"
i like this game a whole lot but it's too bad "Street Fighter V: Indefinite" cannot be the thread title.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Butyraceous posted:

I just bought this game yesterday, with a hopeful gleam in my eye, maybe this will be the fighting game I get into. I guess I have to wait an indefinite amount of time, although I'm pretty sure that is just a bad word choice that is meant to mean, "Why bother continuously extending this by an hour? We pay this twitter man five bucks per tweet."
yeah, i joked about it in discord but the use of the word indefinite was definitetly a mistake. just go "we encountered some problems after applying fixes, please give us time to make corrections."

pay me $5 per tweet

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i really don't think i am a good enough player to make it to gold with laura. she has so many matchups that are straight up bad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cammy can eat poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

cammy fills the rolento-shaped hole in my heart
that is a poo poo hole

fill it with poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh poo poo, they actually fixed it so it no longer disconnects you from the online server when you edit/upload game footage on ps4. good job, capcom.

will make shaming ragequitters easier

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't think chun is the best character in the game any more btw, it's dhalsim.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

I will gladly give you guys a new fighting game next Tuesday for $59.99 today.
but i would do this though

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"great, a ranked match. i hope i don't get another bad matchup for laura."

*opponent is playing any other street fighter v character*

"nooooo"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

who gives a poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i got to gold rank with laura. i am now done with ranked until all the low level players soak up some points and inflate the system.

battle lobbies forever

cams
Mar 28, 2003

battle lobby having chat makes people think i'm hanging around to make friends or some poo poo. ready up or get out. i don't need your "GOOD GAME. YOU'RE TOUGH. THE STRUGGLE. DEVOUR OUR OUR."

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edit quote gently caress phone

cams
Mar 28, 2003

laura is a great character imo, really teach people to jab and anti air

because those are the only two things half the cast needs to completely shut her down

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sade posted:

You should pick a new character or quit this game. You're gonna end up killing yourself or committing a murder bc of your crappy character

Here is how you should feel about the characters you play: I like Chun. She is fun and has nice-feeling buttons. She has a tool for nearly any situation, and though her only reversal is metered and her damage can be lackluster, overall she is solid and I enjoy playing her.

Do you see the difference between this attitude and your approach to Laura?
yes i'm playing the worst character in the game you are playing the best.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Faffel posted:

Ya'll never heard about fuckin' relativity?
no, see you judge characters in one fighting game against characters from other games, not the same one. because we're loving idiots, apparently.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

found a good claw, we ran about 35 matches right now. i think i gave birdie and bison too much credit in the laura matchup. those characters at least have a few things that laura can anticipate and take advantage of. claw beats laura 7-3 at worst. she can't punish any of his normals, slide beats anything she whiffs, she's can't pressure him with normals at all, and the command grab is worthless since claw has no reason not to at least mash jab whenever she gets in.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anyone from here going to wnf tonight? had to open on thursday last week so i didn't go.

gonna have a lot of fun playing the worst character in the game

also, here is my favorite match i've played yet in sf5 https://youtu.be/ClOPe8hQ-n8

cams fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 24, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

be very careful with whiffing normals as laura. lp, lk, and standing mk are her only normals that aren't astoundingly easy to whiff punish. those buttons are very good though. i also recommend getting them to block crouching hp as much as possible, ideally at max range.

i'll write a huge post about laura later, most likely after wnf. still need a little more data.

i saw a birdie matchup chart earlier, i still think he WRECKS laura

i saw a reversal chart earlier, yes laura's only reversals are a 4 frame super (that i do not think is invincible a startup) and an ex elbow with a point of hit invincibility after 3 frames of startup.

laura is great.

cams fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 24, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think the game is very well balanced. i also think laura has the worst matchups in the game.

gief is great.

just had someone rage quit on me in casual

edit twice in a row lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

hey guys im cams and i play laura THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME
no you're bebop

cams
Mar 28, 2003

well i'm a big fan of me so i support this. i don't think it's great sfv content though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess I just don't get why you use Laura when all you do is complain about how much you hate playing her
that's a terrible problem you have

cams
Mar 28, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

Hey cams, I believe Laura beats Gief, how come you don't think so? It feels like charged fireball fucks his poo poo up.
in order to get off a 2 durability fireball without any chance of punishment, she has to be at almost full screen away. she does a great job keeping gief away with fullscreen fireballs, but she has to give up space the entire time. you gotta be patient and walk her into the corner, but if you do it there is 0 reason she shouls escape the corner against you.

"use your normals and be patient" shuts down laura's entire game plan. if you crack and start actually doing things laura can take advantage of, then yeah she can get her setups and resets going.

it's kind of why i doubt she'll get much love when it comes time to adjust the roster, because her inside game is legit. she just 100% relies on forcing errors to do get inside, and that's not a smart way to beat good players.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

whats the diff between laura dash and command dash
command dash can be cancelled into/out of with specials. laura secret i haven't fit into my game yet, she can cancel into specials at the end frames of her command dash.

cams fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 25, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Brosnan posted:

No but for real your posts in this thread are a bunch of boring monotonous garbage.
remember that time you posted about how bad this game was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ag Bengip posted:

Nah, Diva Style Dogi Mixed is worse than rear end Window
i wish we had gotten gi top plus pants. gi top is rad.