Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ellbent posted:

Going back to the DOTA v. Street Fighter, when it comes to fighting games and MOBAs there's just a different level of investment and competitive vibe altogether.

In a MOBA, teams in anything past a qualifying round play in a soundproof booth with screens flashing the hero they're playing at the center of a sold-out soccer stadium with a jumbotron broadcasting the game, and when you win they give you a solid metal trophy heavier than the Stanley Cup and a giant novelty check for two million dollars.

In a fighting game, you can attain world champion status sitting in a folding chair close enough to the other guy to smell his B.O.

Gotta get some of those head to head arcade cabinets like SBO used to do and stuff a console or PC in there. Get some theatrics going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Luigi Thirty posted:

God help me I've never played a fighting game and I can't play this one at all :smith:

Have you tried mashing dp?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Alright so why doesn't this game just use straight chess Elo? I don't get why it uses this bizarro sorta-Elo tier system instead of just chess Elo, or having two Elo (player and character) and combining the two to matchmake.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

croutonZA posted:

Do we have to redownload the entire game every patch? Capcom knows delta patching is a thing that steam and PSN supports right?

I'm not sure there's too much "knowing" or "thinking" going on over at the capcom dev studios

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Goetta posted:

It still sold over a million copies though right? Or is it that a lot of those people who bought it gave up on it already?

At any one time there are more people watching a single not even top 3 random DOTA/LOL/CSGO/Minecraft/Hearthstone/Stardew Valley/Whatever streamer sitting in their apartment playing the game than total viewers for SF5.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

If I was offered a refund for SFV at this point I would probably take it without needing to think about it.

I like the core gameplay of the game a lot, but holy poo poo did they mess everything else up. I didn't pay full price for the game either and I'm still so disappointed in how bad half this poo poo up. I just want to actually play SF5 against people and have fun :argh:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

It will if you have friends. It will also solve a lot of the online problems... but that's it.

If I had friends that wanted to play fighting games a lot I'd just be playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 on GGPO with them :11tea:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Twitch viewers is my favourite metric about games. There are more people watching Overwatch replays on Twitch than there are people watching SF5.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

will capcom ever make the money I spent on the Season Pass worth it? inquiring minds want to know!

People who bought the game on sale are wondering the same thing, don't think you have much hope there, season pass guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The Gorp posted:

Hey guys, fighting games need more respect. They take a lot of practice, skill and problem solving faculties to do well in. They're a legitimate....
*NAKED WOMEN*
I can explain, please don't go!

But I am having so much fun playing [generic fan service lady who happens to be from Brazil], I hope she shows up in future games.