Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

Was SF4 like this at the start? Then the next version it picked up popularity?

no but realize that there had been a long drought of new capcom fighting games before sf4 so the thirst level from the public at large was much higher for a fighting game

old heads still shat on it but i dont think the general consensus was as bad out the gate as it is for SFV, im probably mis-remembering how bad it actually was though

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Bisse posted:

KOF14 has a huge amount of characters, making them in 3D is not cheap, making the trade-off between spending money on impressive graphics and spending money on a good game with lots of content isn't an easy choice but I would so much rather have this than less characters and better graphics. A pretty game is only pretty for a few years, a bad game is bad forever.

The only thing I can't stand with KOF14 is that ultra loli character in a fluffy childrens dress with electric attacks or whatever, I want to vomit, but then Iori unleashes his super move which causes his retina to rupture and turn his eyes red with blood i mean seriously you should get that poo poo checked man you're gonna lose an eye, and all is well again. Also a game with loli is a lot less embarrasing to play than a game with r mika so whatevs

she's not ultra loli she's just kyary

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bhsman posted:

EDIT: Also Uniel is apparently up for preorder on Steam and releases in a week.

HELL YEA someone buy it immediately and tell me if the netcode is good

(lol like anyone will play it for more than 3 days anyway (but seriously, its good))

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Brosnan posted:

Cool so boxcarhobo is doing it exactly right.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Id be embarrassed to be seen playing Overwatch because it sucks

nah

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Faffel posted:

I just said it's not fun. I like fun. gently caress you, you goddamn bastard.

nah its fun and you're wrong sorry bro

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Baal posted:

good gently caress double winston

sick av

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Are we recommending our favorite animes in this thread now

Okay so there's this anime called Bleach hear me out

at least it's ending

dear god it's going to actually end

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

unless you're boxcar

;~;

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Goetta posted:

It's got 25k people watching it too. People love them some Tekken

THEN WHY DONT THEY PLAY ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ;~;

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

itskage posted:

anime air dasher with a harder execution entry point

word, you can't press 3 buttons in a row?

cool, you don't know poo poo, good to know.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dias posted:

You're gonna front that GG doesn't have a higher execution floor than SFV, really?

it's literally a chain combo system, what actually makes me mad though is that its somehow SO GOD drat HARD TO PLAY that someone new couldn't pick it up by playing it over and over just like they would SFV. If you like SFV, fine, great, good for you, but PLEASE stop trying to put people off XRD with all this bullshit about having to be some weeb who's already got 1000 hours in fighting games to even begin to understand it, that's complete bullshit.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

brian posted:

it's 2 legit

2 legit 2 quit

i found brian

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dias posted:

I think it's more about preferring Soul Calibur than the robot waifu. Although the only true waifu is Nina Williams, and she's been canonized as so in T7.

no, the robot and lars are both trash

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cams posted:

ps i do not have respect for bebop and, again, would rather not interact with him in any way.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the sfv thread has brought us all closer together

good job team

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kirby Superstore! posted:

You should totally duel though if people are spoiling for a rumble!!

yes do it for toxx or some stupid poo poo just make it happen

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

okay, assume I'm not going to get an octogate anymore. Am I just retarded for having trouble with that specific stick when it hasn't happened before? Is there something cheap/odd in that one that I should avoid or did I just get old and bad at inputs, does the size of the square affect things? Because I quit using that at some point and started even using the loving analog stick on a 360 pad to play Hugo and did better with DP's/FB's. I just don't want to buy an expensive one for PS4 and realize oh it's just me who's retarded.

do you have another stick you can play with, maybe a friends or something, for like an hour and see if it feels any better? Also maybe go into practice mode and turn on input display and see if inputs aren't coming out like they should? The most obvious answer is you aren't use to it and need to practice but it is possible that something has gone bad, or was always bad in the stick. My GG PS4 TE2 had a bad down-left which i had to replace a part for, and it wasn't just in my head because I know I'm bad but bbj also used it and had the same issue.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

So who's the best Nitroplus Blasterer?

wolverine.

but she's mine so gently caress off

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Jack Trades is a Capcom plant to make us like SF5 by making it impossible to want to agree with him.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sfv is tic tac toe and the opponent is the bad netcode that always gets to go first

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

call me when someone figures out how to put an ecto gate in one

that's right i want a ghost stick

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Keegers posted:

I may of missed something but why do you put a bar over the up switch

up is mapped to a button, its like shortening the gate for motions since you don't ever need the up inputs on the gate itself (I'm guessing, seems like a lot of work modding stuff that works fine as it is but if that's how you wanna play it, go ahead)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/829393512114245632

its helen

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHGrp6KNag

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/galtu00/status/834365314036953089

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005