Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Can I get that in avatar size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Waluigi has a personality?

As much as mario, luigi, and wario yeah.

Which is more than toad, daisy, and peach but less than bowser and bowser jr.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna shove you into a locker.

Lurdiak likes what Lady Naga don't.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I demand you all like me!!

Oh I like you. :heysexy:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

I'm super jealous about that. Europe already gets all the best cheese and now BS first. It's a travesty.

I know this is from a ways back, but Canada has amazing unpasteurized cheese. For when we all migrate after the primary.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

the top is federation force

the bottom is metroid prime hunters

Lmao I was thinking it was hunters on top and maybe the first Prime game on bottom in terms of quality.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

limaCAT posted:

My only plan, says Princess Peach, and my ultimate desire is to make Mushroom Kingdom great again...

#makepeachtoadstoolagain

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

All of that is amazing

Angry Moon Spirit bomb and blowing kisses to mass murder Dekkus is fuckin RAD.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Re: Fable games

I found 2 and beyond (I never played the first) to be unique amongst rpgs. You can not only play them mindlessly, but also beat the game and get all achievements mindlessly playing. Good for scratching that rpg itch but with zero effort. This is good because if you're mindful, the terrible writing and stupid mechanics will piss you off.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

TLOU was brilliant, I don't own any sony consoles, but I watched a video walkthrough, and it was a great video game movie. :)

The gameplay was pretty lovely, and going through it just to get lovely soap opera level writing was extremely frustrating.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Every time I see a post from you, you find a new way to be completely wrong about something. it's truly fascinating to me.

An easily exploited combat system that also has the most finicky stealth I've seen isn't good. And if anyone actually thinks the writing is good, well i won't insult you because it's extremely rude to make fun of the handicapped.

Sakurazuka posted:

Please tell me some games you actually like. Just one even.

EDF is about the only game i've played recently that could fit that blanket statement, in that i would enjoy playing it any time in any mood.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Kirbey Pinball was the best Kirbey spinoff game and it is a shame there is no 3DS update.

I respectfully disagree, as imo the best spin-off is Air Ride.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

God hand straight up copying the mazinger theme owns.

Imho though the best main theme will always be this
https://youtu.be/or8y5EC1_Rs

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I had a JRPG itch. So i played some Breath of Death VII

It is a fun and good game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i might play breath of death and cthulhu saves the world some day, but right now i have way more big classic jrpgs to play and the mountain keeps getting bigger and it's gonna get astronomically large once trails in the sky 3rd and the crossbell games are translated

At least for Breath, I'd recommend playing it for a short time as a breather between games. It has silly references and the Main Character makes fun of everything rpg. It doesn't have much depth so far so I don't think a long play of it would be as fun.

I do really enjoy how the levelling up works. And that there's mini dungeons just for good items.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Can I play cubivore on the WiiU? This is very important.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

As bad as wrestling is it doesn't have lovely internet memes which puts it head and shoulders above Guacamelee.

Wrestling creates Internet mêmes though. So really which is worse?

Also lmao ted Cruz fits so well into potatoblivion.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My cat is laying on my chest. Preventing me from gaming and possibly preventing me from going to work.

I'm in dire straits my friends.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

That's not a controversial opinion, unless you have that disease some japanese creators seem to have where they think the romance of the three kingdoms setting is interesting in any way.

Voice acting is way too good nowadays for Dynasty Warriors to capture the magic that made it great on the PS2

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

Lol, Hitman wasn't an amoral killer? Hitman kills people for money. Not sure what's more amoral than that?

^^

Capitalism and amorality aren't the same thing. American soldiers sign up to kill for money for example.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stux posted:

this post is correct despite the poster being an idiot piece of poo poo.

Actually it's not. He's confusing immoral with amoral hth.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I picked up Black & White from a bargain bin years after it came out when I was like 12. I had no idea who Peter Molyneux was and had zero expectations for the game so it blew me away. Years later I got extremely hyped for Black & White 2 because he promised the moon. That was my first taste of the Molyneuxperience.

Did you enjoy Creature island? I know I did.

I own 2 but never actually played it because the mouse symbol drawing controls somehow got worse.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The problem with DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH is that it follows the widely perceived best part, and followed by the first example of the creator going insane with weird stands. So it feels less cool than it would if it was bookended by stone ocean or part two.

That said, part four has the best final battle. And the only big bad that is as entertaining as Dio.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what was a good, underrated gem?

Toy Commander for the dreamcast.

Really good game right there. Anybody besides me play it?

I never actually played it because I was too busy playing powerstone 2 or seventh cross. It looked fun though.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

It's the best thread. You should take a look.

Ah yes, a bunch of sad, pathetic goons making fun of other sad, pathetic goons, without self-awareness "The best"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

i dont care if ravane is a dummy or not, i think it's funny that derek smart posted about owning some random twitter user right after someone else posted that they were using that account to troll him

I still don't know who Dsmart is or why he matters. But yeah, he's not living up to his last name here.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

That means you played mahjong for over 6 hours just to match the cutscenes.

Considering that the mahjong in yakuza is the single best digital mahjong, this is entirely reasonable.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Happy st pats friends. I will be drowning in guiness and playing pillars tonight.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/03/115-million-verdict-in-hulk-hogan-sex-tape-lawsuit-could-wipe-out-gawker/

Kotaku might be going away soon thanks to Hulk Hogan

edit: Haha they deliberated for less than an hour

The Hulk has become a hero once more.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I want Taint Reaper back.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

How do you idiots not see the racism, though?

I'm not joking, how is it 2016 and a basic character creator doesn't allow you to create literally 1/3rd of the human race? Think about that. Assuming that we vary in skin tone from white to brown to black. Think about all the olive and tan skinned people whether latino, south american, middle eastern, east indian, aboriginal australian, spanish, or a mix of any of those or just mixed in general. The Division's character creator has like 8 faces you can choose from, 4 of those are white, 2 of those are black, 2 of those are asian. How does that represent me? I can choose a white guy and give myself a slight tan, but that will never be MY SKIN TONE. I can choose a black guy, I can't change his skin colour, and I'm stuck with the stereotypical hairstyles, such as corn rows, an afro, bald or buzzcut. How does that represent ME?

I'm not either of these, I'm in between and I can't choose myself because someone at Ubisoft just forgot about 1/3rd of the human population and chose to cater to white and black people, of which they couldn't even get black people correctly. And asians can choose like two faces and that represents all of japan, china, korea, etc. That's clearly good enough.

You know, in Deus Ex, I was able to choose a latino looking JC and I thought, finally, someone that isn't a white protagonist that I can relate to. But this poo poo in The Division is just too ridiculous. Some characters are going to be white or black or whatever, but in a game where you create the protagonist and they don't give you option to be your own skin color...

Can you imagine playing Dragon Age and they said "white people don't exist in this game, so there is no white skin tone." Can you imagine?

So now think how I feel. Think how all the tan to brown people feel when they have to choose a white or black character because they can't choose a character that best represents them.

If you think this is taint reaping, you're just a racist, sorry to say.

I see the racism, and the poster that originally brought it up said it better.

I was stating that your posts are so bad, they make me miss a poster known for baseless statements and otherwise melodramatic shitposting.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Dogs are dumb which is why Persona 5 will right the wrong by adding a cat.

This is the best argumentation for persona 5 being a game to play.

Cats rule.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Black and White Mages have existed in harmony since the first Final Fantasy.

But nobody speaks of the Brown Mage...

Mystic Knight is their actual hereditary name. Hth

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

There was a beat em up based on the movie Hook and it was good

This exemplifies my main issue with beatemups, wtf is going on?

I got threatened "I will destroy you" by a football kid in HS. In front of the main office, surrounded by my friends. I just smiled and let him yell. To be fair I was laughing and making fun of him because he earlier tried to get in a fight with the varsity tennis player that also placed 3rd in the state for body building.(which in rural America is pretty impressive)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stux posted:

looks like someone forgot the street fighter movie exists and is absolutely loving incredible

Agreed

Re:Mgs4 at least the cutscenes are all skipable. I beat that game in like 2.5 hours by skipping every cutscene.

Re:horror games. I can't play them, while I can watch a dumbass in a movie make a stupid decision to keep the action going, I cannot make those stupid decisions myself.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Play 3 and NV at the same time via ttwl. But yeah, New Vegas is absolutely the best for a fist run. Or even a melee run. Kind of funny how the guys who make an fps rpg about dudes with swords are so much worse at melee combat than a dev team with noted gun lover Rope Kid.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

bethesda games are trash

Nah, they're very good at what they do, which is get you to waste time running around a giant area with pretty scenery with fun things to kill.

The story, gameplay mechanics, and sometimes the gameplay itself are all mediocre though. Bad to gamers, good for casuals. One of those markets is larger.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

oddium posted:

how many times do i have to say it... casuals are ruining gaming -_-

Nah, the trick is that it gets more people into gaming. Bethesda games are a gateway drug.

absolutely anything posted:

i agree, they are very good at being bad games that sell to idiots

Depends on the metric for "good game".
Financially they are extremely good. For j chillin or engaging in that colorado past time, they are extremely good.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
To be fair, playing through games with magic as just a dude who sneaky or strong is pretty fun and badass. My favourite dnd character was a fighter who did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The best magic in all games is in Dragon's Dogma.

Set yourself on fire so you can climb all over a griffin like a firey roach? Check

Shoot an arrow that turns into a giant ball of light to see for miles around? Check

Send goblins flying into the air by raising a giant pillar of ice? Check.

Meteor storms and tornadoes so intense they slow consoles down to single digits fps? Double check.

• Locked thread