Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I like stux and limacat and I'm lame and can't decide and will post in both until the monthly war for chat thread is settled when someone bothers to PM a mod and ask them to sticky it.

Nasgate vs. Nintendo controller made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

limaCAT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfggshW7bg

If this was a legit cheat mode I'd buy it on console.

This is legit amazing.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 1, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Req: third tier buddy characters who take a lot of crap (Toad, Slippy, Cait Sith, Kiddy Kong, any one of a huge number of Sonic characters, etc) all at a support group.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

LimaCAT is pacman and ur mom is power pellets.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Two exclamation points is the exact number to come off as non-sincere. Pretty perfect.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

YES. It is perfection.

A+ for Toad watching from afar with flowers and Luigi's snazzy coat

That sure is a $200 laptop. If you're not planning on doing anything other than light business work, web surfing, and/or very low-fi gaming, it would do the job...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Man, even that cloud looks like he's feeling bad for Toad just watching on.

FirstAidKite posted:

Cool, thanks for the help :)

No problem!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
here's the cloud cross dressing no one everyone asked for

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 2, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lady Naga posted:

I played about a third of Chrono Trigger and had zero clue why anyone liked it as much as they did since it played almost exactly like FF6 and was still boilerplate fantasy but with a time travel gimmick.

Oh there was that trial where you get judged for doing standard RPG type things because from the outside you look like a crazy person stealing sandwiches and dragging women by their arm. That was pretty cool, too bad it went right back to gobbledygook about hyper advanced machines and airships and poo poo.

Look at this RPG hipster that can't admit that FF4 and 6 were cool and had influential steampunk fantasy settings and FF5 was a great job class game because Final Fantasy is too mainstream, or something. Look at them and judge them!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Lufia is another gaming regret for me since I had friends who were super into it and I could have borrowed it on SNES but I was "trying to focus on school" at the time. Should've been less of a loving nerd.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Oni was fun but it needed music or something and more enemies and better bosses. It also suffered from "Bungie realistic architecture problem" where the stages were designed to look and feel real to their detriment in terms of game design. Lots of long corridors with not much going on and nooks and hard-to-get-to-spots where you might expect to find something (anything) but you'd find nothing.

Oh also maybe it would have been neat if it had the multiplayer that was actually in the game at some point but was pulled before release because I guess they either couldn't solve latency issues or didn't feel confident enough in the product.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 3, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
TRPG's are my favorite RPG's and I'd be sad if I got sick of them. That said, they need decent AI to be fun for me which sort of disqualifies Disgaea and leaves me with SE's stuff, FE (sort of, the AI can be occasionally hit/miss), and most western TRPG's like Shadowrun and the Avernum/Exile games.

There's a lot of shared DNA with other things I love like Civ/Alpha Centauri, XCOM, and table top RPG's.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Tiger Millionaire posted:

If we are still on jrpg chat then Bravely Second is real good and I'm excited for all you non European gamers to play it.

I'm super jealous about that. Europe already gets all the best cheese and now BS first. It's a travesty.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

limaCAT posted:

Oh yes, guys, any request for tonight?

A game reviewer attempting to explain ludonarrative dissonance to Lara Croft on a very badly matched blind date

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Turn-ons:
Ambiguous Y axes in charts explaining electronics

Skeezy posted:

drat RIP.

I have every confidence that the mspaints will be ready when the 6 hours of self-imposed exile are over.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

PantsBandit posted:

One of the worst things about western culture is the idea that if you're on camera you need to have a giant, unnatural grin on your face.

It is bad but is reminiscent of the eastern thing where if you are being photographed, you better well be doing something with your hands.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

:lol: forever

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Motto posted:

It's not terrible, but ATB games are, imo, definitely the kind of games where the fun is in customizing your dudes rather than actually fighting. The whole "enemies can attack you while you pick your most powerful spell again" thing doesn't really add much, which is why I'm not very fond of FFIV. Even going back to V is kind of a pain because of how long it takes to unlock interesting abilities.

For ATB games, you can set it to Wait and increase battle speed to max and it will play close to like FFX. Jerks might mock you for using Wait but you shouldn't listen to them cuz they're jerks.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lady Naga posted:

I'm sorry that I am enjoying my copy of Final Fantasy: Majora's Mask that I got for (essentially) free.

Are you though

Are you

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

limaCAT posted:

I love taking days off to watch E3 and shitpost on the forums

Seriously this. Plus always another chance for a VBC meltdown...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

limaCAT posted:

Guys, I go take a nap.
You go post new requests.

pikachu presenting an e3 preview for an ill-advised Pokemon/Halo mash-up that no one wanted

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

Q-Bert, Pac-Man, and Frogger waiting in line at the unemployment office.

Frogger and Q-bert should have been in Smash, just sayin

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

muscles like this? posted:

The WWII level in Blops 3 is pretty cool. Really wish more games would play around with reality like that.

It is a pretty cool trippy level and reminds of all the weird trippy stuff from UT99. I mean, if you're just going to make a multiplayer shooter, why not make the levels weird crazy poo poo that is fun to occasionally look at? It's a video game, go nuts.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

limaCAT posted:

Proclick and Proread.

Agreed. God drat it Randy.

That was my favorite cardboard post in a long time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Snak posted:

What the gently caress. gently caress this lovely game
How are they going to introduce an enemy that is apparently immune to bullets?

Without letting me know? Oh great now they're at defcon 1.

Edit: helmets are mechanic in the game. That makes sense. You can see it and think "a headshot might not kill this guy" but why you I think a guy in a black shirt with no helmet wouldn't die from being shot in the head? Or 3 magazines of assault rifle to the torso.

What game is this even

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yes. Yes. This is perfect.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Working and having to pay a lot of attention because my bosses are visiting from HQ. Games sub forum visits during bathroom breaks.

Been enjoying playing bloops3 with goons lately. Man some goons rage though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I'm forums poster bloodychill and I like Nathan Drake because mass murdering bad dudes has been my favorite pastime since bopping goombas and beating up generic gang members back in small times.

Stux posted:

please do not talk abou tmy good friends macys and jones like this

lol those are indeed the two. To be fair, I didn't talk crap, they're fun to play with. You talk surprisingly little poo poo compared to on the forums.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 7, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

the wii u is, in fact, a very good system with a lot of really fun games.

This is true but it also has few users and Mario 3D World was enjoyable but wasn't nearly as good as Galaxy. Yoshi Wooly World was fun, XCX was fun, MK8 was a lot of fun, Pikmin 3 was great and probably the best Pikmin... the system just never got its legs.

Also I still get annoyed with the WiiU UI. It is sluggish and frustrating and the battery on the tablet is so anemic.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
goons.xls needs updating, I thought Lady Naga was the one who would make up probable-sounding stories about video game news and then post an image of a goat yelling "Lady Naga'd!"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

uncharted 2 is the only one i've played but nathan is so loving reprehensible in it

i know we were going to gently caress over our boss, but how could the guy who works for our boss and who offered me the job and who i told i was going to gently caress over our boss betray me to him? what a jerk

Nathan Drake is a scoundrel and the story presents him as such. That's why he's so lovable. To me. I would have his digital adopted babies.

Aidan is an airsoft enthusiast redditor who was given a magic script kiddy phone and a bunch of guns so he could go do stupid digital heists. The story-telling in Watch_Dogs is such a wasted opportunity. They even hinted in early previews at him being a white hat sys admin who became a hacktivist after some personal tragedy but they apparently gave up entirely on presenting him as an interesting person. Maybe they figured their protagonist's personality should match the garbage gameplay. FAU mentioned the terrible use of stealth but one of the things that stood out to me was the mechanic for escaping the authorities where weird yellow spotlights would cross your radar and you had to dodge them with some really awkward frogger bullshit.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 8, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

This cannot be praised enough and fully justifies the early month slap fight.

Stop stoned-posting in YOSPOS stux

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

I'm scared that my computer won't be able to run it :(

Like I can play Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 on it, but with lower-than-low graphic settings and with terrible frame rate in busier areas.

It's actually causing me a fair bit of anxiety! Dark Souls, you've done it again!

Time to upgrade, buddy. Have you considered an Xbox all in one console?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Kirbey Pinball was the best Kirbey spinoff game and it is a shame there is no 3DS update.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Super Mario Galaxy is the best mario game not named Super Mario World. It's also genuinely one of the most difficult non-spinoff Mario games which is not a coincidence.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Motto posted:

Galaxy's hardest levels are the dumb motion gimmick stages though.

I felt like they were a mixed bag. Some were really tough but fair and fun and some I had to quit before the urge to throw the controller took over. Luckily all optional.

VideoGames posted:

Good grief, Broforce is really excellent fun!!

Agreed. I have it on PS4 and if it wasn't for the input bug, I would have burned through the whole game in one sitting. My wife was getting a laugh out of the increasingly dumb bro names.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I own both of these sorta dead consoles, which I contend is a testament to my love of games and not poor impulse control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

I feel bad for all the people who paid a huge premium to import it only for it to be released in the US as a budget title a few months later.

I got it for $15 and definitely felt like I underpaid. Fun game.

• Locked thread