Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like to imagine the Joker is a homeless veteran of the Iraqi war, suffering from PTSD mixed with the cocktail of drugs he, as a hobo, was consuming. He has no prints, he lost those to the hadjis. He was trapped in a tunnel while running from the Taliban and saw a woman break a chicken's neck to keep it from giving away their position.

But it wasn't a chicken, it was a baby! Oh god! It was just laughing! Why was the baby laughing? Why couldn't it be quiet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Joker's parents walked unscathed through an alley and he was subsequently unscared by a bat flying through the window???

He was scared of a window and a bat in his house flew outside, breaking the window. Then he said "society is ordered and structured and beautiful. I must become a broken window"

greatn fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 8, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A++ would laugh at again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Parker made it himself most likely.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I loved the delivery. He says "Hey every body" with the veneer of "Sup bitches. Yeah, I'm Spider-Man. :dealwithit:"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mordiceius posted:

It's almost like.... it's trying to look like a comic book cover. That's my thoughts on it. Yeah, it looks a little goofy but comic books are goofy as gently caress too. The setting, I could take or leave, but the whole "Lets have both teams run each other in perfect sync" doesn't really bother me at all.

I think his problem is more with the "on an airport tarmac or something" portion, and I agree. So many of these movies are visually boring and sterile. A big fight like that would be better not on a nigh featureless block of gray concrete.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We're all super impressed by your 90s era video game brand loyalty as applied to movies. Marvel does what Don't C!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man of Steel is better than any Marvel studios film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It's so good but I really love Winter Soldier.

Black widow's speech at the end nearly ruins the movie for me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man of Steel made tons of money and had a high cinema score from people who saw it and was well reviewed. Your just a dumb poo poo nerd who can't handle a comic book movie with pathos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man of Steel has more art and creativity than the entire MCU.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You should apply for a job at io9

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Even ignoring saving the world, Superman in that film is saving individuals and groups of people all over the place, often at great risk of injury or actual injury to himself.

It's like the loudest complainers about the movie didn't even watch it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's like, 12 Batman movies not counting serials.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He says literally two words, what in particular is bad about it, that he doesn't sound like the cartoon thirty year old man?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CountFosco posted:

The tone is completely flat, there's no energy, everything about it just screams perfunctory and arbitrary. It's gross.

The tone is totally "Yep. I'm Spider-Man. :dealwithit:"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Detective Dog Dick posted:

I'm generally of the opinion that rape scenes should not have slow motion martial arts choreography, however the Doctor Manhattan origin sequence set to Pruit Igoe is excellent so I'm conflicted.

Attempted. Totally different.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They're really gonna shoot themselves in the foot with this movie that's getting good critical buzz and tracking ~$250-300 million opening weekend.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is he more of a human tornado or a disco godfather?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: at the idea that Batfleck is Adam West inspired - holy poo poo.

That's either grade A trolling or a person who can't see for poo poo without thick eye glasses.

The only thing from Adam West - Batman. :lol:

You're a fool of you don't think DKR itself want partially Adam West inspired.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's just saying Batman 66 and BvS are the only movie batsuits that actually look like the comics, and he's %100 right. (excluding animated/serial)

And they both look amazing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Captain America is not "borderline" superhuman. He can outrun cars, run a marathon without breaking a sweat, lift super heavy things, crush a log or robot with his bare hands, jump twenty stories down and shake it off. Here but "peak human" like Batman is, he has actual superhuman strength, stamina, speed, and durability.

As does black panther if he can run down a speeding motorcycle on foot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lego Batman was funny in the movie but completely a one note joke, who was wisely used sparingly. I don't know how he can really sustain a movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Scyantific posted:

Well now, Snyder's going on the record saying that TFA had more collateral damage than MoS.

I'm not sure if he knows what collateral damage really means; the stuff that happened in Episode VII was intentional.

The damage from the world engine was intentional.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know who else kills people in their movies? Captain America, Iron Man, Falcon, Black Widow, Thor, Hawkeye, Nolan Batman, Burton Batman, Donner Superman (was changed when they switched directors), no one bats an eye.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's not the first image from the movie, there's been a ton of images and clips

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The director, maybe

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope BvS earns exactly one dollar more than Civil War

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why don't you put the whole movie industry in a bottle?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I loved the movie even though I recognize a lot of the flaws. But I don't want WB to change any of their plans because I think the movie lever the franchise in a good place going forward and I wanna see where it's headed under its current direction. So I'm really glad it's doing well. Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are looking awesome, and a movie about Batman and Winner Woman gathering other heroes to prepare for a threat sound awesome, especially one starting Ben Affleck as he was at the end of this film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would watch BvS over TFA any day. TFA is just the definition of completely fine, inoffensive, a loosely strung series of events with just not much going on, full of non-characters who tell jokes and do vague hero things. BvS is interesting and confrontational.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It is not possible to make a serious movie about a team up of a guy who is really good at boomerangs, a guy who is really good at ropes, a juggalo, and a lizard man, who fight a clown. It's inherently not serious.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Vicissitude posted:

To be fair, I remember that being a frame from a comic book panel transition. The explosion went as normal, the action froze and the comic book frames came up.

People watching a comic book movie don't want to be reminded it is a comic book, is probably the main problem. It's a movie, people want to pretend their favorite characters are real for two hours.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Shageletic posted:

Do you have any sources. Badassdigest says they're doing reshoots in downtown la. Fourth paragraph in, in this article: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/04/what-bvs-second-week-drop-means-for-the-dc-movieverse

I do seem like a Devin Faraci fanboy don't I.

Those are pickups that were already scheduled

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The shield stuff is the worst part of Thor, and that takes place on earth. Him being a general idiot on earth is fine though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Ike won't be in charge forever, they already forced him out of movies.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Being true to the comic would be a pretty bad thing. If Cap dies though I hope they skip over Bucky and go straight to Captain Falcon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Red Skull returns and says "Die Spider-Man! Die" And everyone is about to fight him but then he explains that it's German for "The Spider-Man! The!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kurzon posted:

They are not going to ditch Chris Evans. That could them millions in ticket sales.

Nah they just throw him alive in the surprise reveal at the end of the Avengers 3 trailer and people would line up. Also I think Captain Falcon would move a shitload of tickets. Black Captain America? People would go nuts and mostly in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Iron Man should not be the American James Bond, Columbo should be the American James Bond.

• Locked thread