Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

For people who didn't watch the video, Jai Courtney says the reshoots are to add more action, not jokes, because it's already very fun. And Jai Courtney is too boring to lie to you.

Him describing the reshoots as "dope" was :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's running a low cost, low overhead operation like any decent carny would.

Haha dope post.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Slaughter is the best medicine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1984248/ ?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He secretly threatens them all with the possibility of him erasing them from time unless they stay civil.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I unironically want Brian Cage as Cable and the guy who plays MY BROTHER THE MONSTER MATANZA CUETO as Bane :colbert:

Cage played He-man recently, check that out for his... um... acting ability.

e: and MMC is basically Lucha Bane so that would work.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That fan film is hilarious, and I'm pretty sure an actual director would be able to do better with him than a fan film director.

He has to wear the He-Man wig in all movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hope Bruce shows up for a cameo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
There's something to like in every Batman movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What was there to like in Batman and Robin? Arnold? He actually did great.

Yup, I also liked Bane's design.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

That scene has gotten pretty much universal praise as one of, if not the best superhero fight scenes ever, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm very hesitant to believe that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

That clip was chopped up for the MTV awards.

Doesn't fix the shot choices/angles.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You honestly think the 3 movies i mentioned are all bad movies? I don't spend enough time in CineD to be up to date with groupthink but I thought those were enjoyed by most.

SMG said, like movies, most comics are bad. He didn't say there weren't good ones. And you've somehow pivoted from comics to movies between posts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

i dont like that everyones just cool with spoiling BVS. i dont care that much about spoilers personally. but still, ppl are oddly cavalier about it

The spoiler embargo in CineD was lifted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The movie was garbage, no one cares about spoilers for it.

Hey now, the CineD hivemind clearly states we will all say it's good because CineD trolls SA and/or is a bunch of wannabe pseudointellectual contrarians.

Hat Thoughts posted:

like i said i dont care that much, its just weird to me because like - u see ppl freakin out over the FYAD Star Wars title or whatever

to be fair, those spoilers were posted prior to the movie's release.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Everyone should read spoilers, forget the feeling of surprise, people have become addicted to the feeling of surprise, it has taken hold of them, and they resent its absence.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I enjoy spoilers, it helps me focus on the context and thematic impact of a scene instead of being in a state of surprise when it occurs.

I realize its not everyone's bag though. I do find it odd how people demand to be surprised by media quite often, like how everyone complains modern trailers give away whole movies even when it is not true.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gives great form to his backside.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Hm, do you guys think Robert Downey Jr has issues with his height?

The studios certainly do.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's been a term in the comics since 1986.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Yes but it's in movies now. Normal folk may start to think it's ok. :psyduck:

Not sure why you think DC would abandon their own made up terminology, especially when they probably have it trademarked and can make money off it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Doctor Strange trailer lookin' real hackish.

For something promised as psychedelic it looks very tame.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Jared Leto sends weird gifts thing got a lot grosser.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ew.com is right!

quote:

The actor playing Killer Croc, Akinnuoye-Agbaje, also said the gifts “weren’t right,” but not for the reasons you might expect. “If you’re going to have that kind of party, at least invite The Croc. Don’t send me your dirty leftovers, that just isn’t right… You see why he ain’t part of The Squad, right? That’s just downright selfish.”

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bastard won't do Birdman 4 but he'll do Spiderman 6

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Though I suppose him being bullet proof makes sense given him being the Vibranium King. Moreso than Batman's rubber mask being bullet proof.

So batman can't have made up bullet proof armor?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Hawkfamily stuff was one of the few moments of AoU I enjoyed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Everyone knows HHH should've played Thor and John Cena should have been Captain America.

"You Can't See ME!" Cap shouts as he punches a Nazi/Hydra/Stark

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

She is Dazzler, end of discussion.

I blame society for making everyone look at a glass of piss and giggle because it's piss rather than actually take a second to figure out what the jar of piss is doing there. I'd agree with you if, like, it accidentally splashed all over Holly Hunter and she screamed "ewwwww" really loud and that triggered the bomb or something, but it's Lex being a weird little sociopath trying to freak out the senator.

One of my friends said he felt the jar of piss would have had more impact if the Senator had drank some it before realizing what it was and I was just flabbergasted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

When he said that, could you see the physical manifestation of the point flying above his head like a 747?

Things can't fly over his head, his reflexes are too fast.

After a few stunned moments I replied that it was an awful idea and changed the subject, which might have been his plan.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

If her reaction was "I can't believe Snyder dedicated hundreds of man-hours to set up this scene, doesn't he know I've won Emmys?" then mission accomplished.

Her reaction was actually, "I had a great time filming this movie, I liked my experience with Zack, and it was a fun."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Well my CineD appointed therapist did tell me I have anger management issues as well, but it's in really poor taste to mock my mental illness like this so you should be ashamed of yourself.

Your posts were better when you focused on the movie and not the 1 or 2 posters who poked fun at you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

I don't want to start anything...but come on. Race is a stupid way to view things but if Africans have a set of similar characteristics, its something that is definitely shared by ancient Egyptians.

Anyvaaaaay, the poo poo? See Elizabeth Banks Morph Into Rita Repulsa For ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot

This is a thing?

I really dig her design. It doesn't remind me of Rita in anyway but I like it. Movie is probably going to be bad, but I'll watch it for Banks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

I just keep thinking about the fact that the lovely parody gritty Power/Rangers fanfilm had a better looking Rita costume than that.

lol no

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Design wise?

Yeah I'll take the cheap knock off Maleficent over the scantily clad armor lady who doesn't look ANYTHING like the character.

At this point they're just using the name for a brand new creation and that is it.

Really? NOTMYRITA?

Dafoe as Martian Manhunter

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Rita always loved green. Canon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

The problem is that that design literally looks nothing like Rita. The most you have is

She has gold on her face? Rita had gold on her costume?

That's about it. Nothing else works. Even as an exaggeration. Power Rangers is a silly series, even when it takes itself seriously. That's silly, but for entirely different reasons.

Yeah I didn't want to argue with you on the race bit btw. I think the costume works. I don't get why it needs to look like Rita from the 90's. A creative new direction is far better than simple recreation.
The most important thing is that Banks hams it the gently caress up in her scenes. The louder, more boisterous she can be, the better.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Huh, so maybe there's a nugget of truth to that 4chan rumor, since Dafoe was on that list.

The other "in negotiations" actors there were Javier Bardem (of which, there's like one role I can imagine they're trying to get him for - which would make it interesting since Brolin is Thanos), Frances McDormand, Joel Edgerton, Jackie Earle Haley, Bill Nighy, and Rosamund Pike.

Which rumors out of curiosity?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Does Joss really believe that either Avengers movie was an 'absurdly personal movie about humanity"

I kind of want to know what about them were personal to him

Wanting a secret family he could just retire to, but he keeps getting pulled into the madness of friends around him.

or

He always wanted to create AI that could crush/save the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

A creative new direction would own but when someone showed me the image before context I assumed it was of a Guardians of the Galaxy of Thor 3 villain.

Haha, I can see that comparison. Loki and her would date in the crossover special movie.

• Locked thread