Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

All I know is that I want to Shazam a Shazam trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

HIJK posted:

Spiderman is a monster and he must be stopped at all costs.

Is that you, J. Jonah Jameson?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

So Luke Cage just had it's release date dropped (September 30th), I'm totally ignorant of the character so I'm curious: Who would be his biggest villain that the show would use?

It's not like there will be another Fantastic Four adaptation in the next 8 years anyway :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I reference to Forbes.com articles as "fancy blog posts", because that's what they usually are.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sucker Punch?
Edit: Sucker Punch :shrug:
Edit 2: Just to be clear it's from Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch, not Jeff & Josh Crook's Sucker Punch.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 22, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

look at it, look at the lines, look at it and see the text behind it

this was printed in a magazine

someone chose that still image to serve as material to send to print media outlets as part of an advertising campaign

WHY?

It's not like doing a special photo-shoot would have made it any better.

Terminator Genesys in case you never saw those hilarious photos

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Wait, do they really kill Jimmy Olsen?

Note that this Jimmy Olsen is some kind of CIA agent posing as a photo journalist. You wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for the credits.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

"Forbes.com uses a "contributor model" in which a wide network of "contributors" writes and publishes articles directly on the website.[25] Contributors are paid based on traffic to their Forbes.com pages; the site has received contributions from over 2,500 individuals, and some contributors have earned over US$100,000, according to the company.[25] Forbes currently allows advertisers to publish blog posts on its website alongside regular editorial content through a program called AdVoice, which accounts for more than 10 percent its digital revenue.[26]"

Not saying that article is a crock of poo poo, but I feel that should be mentioned whenever a forbes dot com link is posted.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I have the hardest time remembering literally anything about Thor 2. It's just so forgettable.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ar68o_thor-the-dark-world-2013-cameo-from-captain-america-hd_shortfilms

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Also we'll never get a better album. It had a collaboration between Slayer and Atari Teenage Riot for crying out loud.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 29, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Timby posted:

John Ottman's music puts me to sleep. I think he's a generally pretty good editor but gently caress his scores are bland. (And his X2 motif is just Kamen's theme at 2x speed.)

Edit: OK, now that I think about it, John Powell's work on The Last Stand was probably the only good thing about that movie.

His motif for the Dark Phoenix is absolutely amazing and sold that scene in Jean Grey's old home. I wish Powell scored more action/sci-fi stuff, it seems he just gets hired for animated movies these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-oD-63dtE

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

With Transformers 4 I was mostly annoyed by the constant aspect ratio changes. It's fine if you do it for certain scenes (The Dark Knight) or as a stylistic choice (The Grand Budapest Hotel), but if it happens constantly with no rhyme or reason it just is baffling.

It's like with the Star Wars prequels when you noticed that they were going to use every single loving wipe effect.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 8, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A feature that bugged the hell out of me.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

After reading that I did a Google image search for Masumune Shirow and had a good laugh.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Apparently Dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes was cast in an unspecified role in Wonder Woman. Seen mingling with Gal Gadot and Connie Nielsen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWwmq4rWYp/ and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWuTj0ObUD

I'm guessing she's Artemis? I hope she's Artemis. Can she act? I've never seen her in a movie. She sure is pretty though :allears:

She has a minor role in a Dutch movie called Nova Zembla as the token girlfriend, so the jury is still out on that one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dexo posted:

Spider-man is going to easily do Iron-Man Numbers. It's going to be amazing spectacular.

I think that depends on whether it'll have Hot Power Yoga, Snapchat and an EDM angle. Those are a must!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The cinema (or 'bioscoop' for Movie Posters thread insiders) I frequent has a Captain America marathon AND a Cap + Avengers marathon this Wednesday. The latter starts at 12:00 PM and ends on 2:45 AM. It's during a big national holiday too so nearly everyone has a day off, but it makes it even more questionable to spend half a day frying your brain like that instead of taking part in some of the many festivities.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, I don't think she's going to commit to a franchise again unless she can make it rain.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

If they gently caress up the live action Street Sharks movie lord help me I will poo poo my pants with righteous fury

It would make Vin Diesel angry as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's definitely enjoyable and has a couple good laughs (Falcon + Bucky buddy movie please), but I don't think it tops Deadpool. Having so many characters running around, each with their own motivations and history, just makes it a less refined movie. It's hard to compete with a fresh debut.

And why it's awesome to see the heroes clashing, it still all feels bit silly and forced. I'm glad that they at least acknowledge that some of them are holding back. Well, except for the final fight.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 28, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

There is nothing about how BvS that presents the Waynes' death as something where passivity could have saved them. The entanglement of the gun with the pearls sends a clear message that the robber is willing to take what he wants and take their lives at the same time. Resistance is the option for survival available at that point.

Did you see him scurrying away with a panicked look on his face? I'm not even sure he actually took any of their possessions with him. This wasn't a cold-blooded killer version of Joe Chill, this was a robber who wasn't expecting resistance.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I found one unintentionally funny comment claiming that critics will like Civil War better than X-Men Apocalypse because the former is "mature" while the latter is "childish".

I went to a early showing on day one and let me tell you that 12 year olds enjoy the gently caress out of this movie. One of them must have misunderstood the subtitles tho and thought that it was Steve's niece instead of Peggy Carter's niece. I can tell because he shouted "isn't that HIS niece?!" after a certain scene. It was great.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 2, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I found the best thread on the Civil War IMDB message board.

I originally read this as "squibs" which to be honest would have been far better. "Black Widow Kills the Marvel Universe".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's amazing how a casting choice can be seen as progressive and backwards at the same time. Personally I don't really care in comic book movies/series if it gives great actors work. Black Kingpin, black Heimdall, half-Indian & white Mandarin, black Human Torch, white Ancient One, black Baron Mordo. I'm glad we got/get to see all those performances without race playing a role.

...when it comes down to more serious movies like Exodus: Gods & Kings it gets a bit awkward though.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 4, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gods of Egypt had loads of black people.

...it's just that 99% of them were Black Panther Thoth's copies of himself.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's a missed opportunity that they went with a still image instead of a slowly panning black & white video with "Is She With You?" playing over it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Electromax posted:

I just meant the argument that the IM3 villain couldn't be a woman because people wouldn't buy action figures, when they didn't even create male characters conducive to action figures in the first place. It was just a Guy in a business suit and essentially a stoner in a robe.

A Guy who could breathe fire tho! It's a shame I can't find the scene on YouTube right now, Rhodey's response to that was hilarious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Obviously they're going for the Arkham Asylum look for Gordon. He was pretty buff in that one.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently a whole bunch of the actors in Oz started hitting the weights when season 1 started screening and they realised what they looked like naked :v:

Very ambitious, since the average life span of a character in HBO's Oz was two episodes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

"Let's post a recent Instagram photo from Jason Momoa to add some weight to this discussion."

"Should I add an Aquaman pun? Nah, too obvious."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I thought that JoGo and ScarJo movie had its charms, but that is mostly because of ToneD and that scene where he is singing along to that MaMaWah & The FyBun song in the car.

Peace out,
MierNü

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kurzon posted:

Apparently there's a new character in the works called "Sombra". Personally, I think it would be unwise for Blizzard to introduce additional characters as this could make balancing more difficult.

I agree.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Spotify just gave me this ad :thumbsup:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

K. Waste posted:

What gets me is just how unnecessarily convoluted the artist credits are: "Two rappers and a overhyped Pop Rock act, w/ two other marginally better rappers, ft. some poo poo you've never heard of"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaACrT6Ydik

If the video doesn't load, it's *takes a breath* Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign - Shell Shocked ft. Kill The Noise & Madsonik

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 24, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I hear it's improved by duct taping select areas of your screen.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She is probably like that guy from Boardwalk Empire: uses a mask to cover up her war disfigurement

Yup: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/the-first-face-transplants-were-masks/375527/

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You haven't really experienced aspect-ratio switching until you've seen Transformers 4: Age of Extinction. No idea if it applies to the home releases, but it was bonkers in the theater. I'm talking multiple switches per minute here.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They do look a lot alike sometimes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This is from a couple pages back.

The MSJ posted:

Was his Tom Clancy movie better?

It was utterly forgettable. I saw it in theaters and I actually had to look up the title right now (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit). I didn't even remember that Brannagh starred in it too. And for some reason I keep confusing what little I remember of it with RED 2 on top of that.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Is the absence of Captain Boomerang in your review a commentary on his character, Rough Lobster? :v:
He seems like the comic relief when there's plenty of comedy potential from the other folks. He also doesn't seem to contribute much to the team beyond his cam-boomerang. Some might call the role a commentary on Jai Courtney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

BTW one little thing I liked about Suicide Squad is they stylized the non-English subtitles during the segments where Enchantress speaks her spooky language. It sometimes happens that there's suddenly stylized English subtitles during movie segments with the Dutch translation in plain font right below them, making for a temporary doubling of letters. In Suicide Squad they just replaced the stylized English with Dutch. That's a nice touch, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 6, 2016

• Locked thread