Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm still waiting for Ego the Living Planet as long as it goes like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I seriously want to see a climactic duel with musical instruments instead of fists flying and metaphoric battle operatic dance coregraphy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Looking forward to TMNT 2. Really.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Even in Paper Towns I wondered what the big deal about Cara was when Halston Sage was hotter than a billion super nova. Protagonist would have taken one look and her and movie would end.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Superman died to save us all and will rise again. This Easter. A good religious movie again in the tradition of Ben Hur and Ten Commandments.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Batman v Superman had an 81% drop this Friday compared to its opening day. Taking away Thursday previews, it's still a 71.5% drop.

:___(

SWING UP! I'm gonna go support it again!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Everyone name a movie you've watched more than twenty times that wasn't something constantly on TV like Just One Of The Guys.

When I was a kid? Big Trouble in Little China. Maybe...Last Unicorn.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd be happy if the entire FF go over to Marvel but would settle for just Doom. He alone can be such an amazing villain for an event movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
1. Captain America
2. Iron Man 3
3. Captain America Civil War (Best Avengers movie)
4. Captain America Winter Soldier
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Ant Man
7. Iron Man
8. Thor

Ang Lee's Hulk, MOS, BvS, The Dark Knight, X Men DoFP, Deadpool are all top tier. Nic Cage as GS was such wasted potential. Blade 1 and 2 also are top tier

Gatts fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 11, 2016

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Pros: 30% higher than Batman v Superman
Cons: 2% lower than the Angry Birds Movie.

They're probably on the phone right now begging Ryan Reynolds to do a cameo in the next X-Men film. :v:

Just give it to that team. It'd be great.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yoshifan823 posted:

I bet an offer has gone out to like, a quarter of the notable black actors in Hollywood (that aren't already in MCU movies). That cast is gonna be stacked.

Is it wrong I was hoping for James Earl Jones to be TChaka and we get what is Lion King only with the Black Panther live action?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
One thing that has struck me is even early on the casting was pretty great for the Marvel movies. And now it's even better.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My highest was 805.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Thor 3 will incorporate aspects of the "Planet Hulk" comic arc; including Jeff Goldblum hosting a Gladiatorial fight to the death between Hulk and cosmic beings.

Also, Hulk will wear something other than Purple Pants for the first time ever in the MCU.

http://www.avclub.com/article/hulk-might-be-wearing-more-stretchy-pants-thor-rag-237567

The report also says that Hemsworth is getting his head partially shaved during the movie. RIP those beautiful golden curls.

This is sounding pretty good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm going to spoiler this but Quicksilver does take on Apocalypse. Pietro starts whacking him around but Apocalypse is manages to track Quicksilver's legs and movement and creates some kind of extrusion from the ground that nabs his leg. Then when Pietro can't escape, Apocalypse in real time breaks his other leg and takes him out of the fight.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope they will let Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt improvise when they confront Thanos in Infinity War.

And I hope Michael Pena does the recap of the MCU leading up to IW

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. Most def need Flash Gordon and the Phantom.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Runor says Sharon Stone may play Hank Pyms wife.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Michael Bay directs the 80s. Silverhawks, Thundercats, Centurions, Visionaries, Real Ghostbusters, Dino Riders, Dino Saucers, Captain Planet, Sky Commanders, Defenders of the Earth, Galaxy Rangers and Bionic Six. Then they can all crossover in a shared universe.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hit Girl and Mathilda should team up. Go on a killing spree.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
http://imgur.com/gallery/2R4zsxK

This is a great meme.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here's what most normal folk recognize when they're young. Batman is not a good hero or something to be admired. He is a broken individual with severe problems that doesn't actually do proper good compared to the adults running his charities and industries while he sits in his moms basement off their money dressed in pajamas burning his friends hardcore with his cool toys so he can punch people in the face and kill his underlings while getting a woman pregnant out of wedlock.

Batman Inc is the closest he came to doing anything worthwhile.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I find it nice that in many incarnations Alfred is the one crashing against the rocks trying to drag his boy to a sense of adulthood and normalcy.

Nolan ended his trilogy right. Bruce and Selena leave to live a life together and a better hero takes the mantle.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
JFC, "teenager speed." How about we take the movie and understand what the story it is trying to tell is about.

Where was my tactical realism in Alladin, man, all he had to do was stand outside the palace with a boom box and a mixed tape, wtf is this genie poo poo about?

Gatts fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 7, 2016

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The problem a lot of people have is they cannot reconcile the impact of superheroes when they see things for what they really are. Nolan's Batman, Man of Steel, BvS shows a more complete picture of having superheroes, how people's lives and the world is affected, examines more, explores more, is funnier, and shows how stupid some of it is in the real world, etc. But when shown, people go "NOT MY SUPERMAN/BATMAN!!!" and get defensive and complain. They're the people dragging Superman down and like SMG says, aren't really fans. "WTF Superman? Why did you go to the Indian Ocean, you should have stayed in Metropolis, gently caress those others. WHY DIDN'T YOU CONTROL ZOD AND TAKE HIM OUT OF THE CITY!! NOT MY SUPERMAN!!"

Pa Kent and Ma Kent are the real heroes, if it was just Jor-El, Superman would have let poo poo go to his head and lacked understanding of humanity. Pa Kent isn't appreciated nearly enough for what he had to deal with and how he raised Clark. poo poo, Ma is right and actually cares about Clark, he doesn't owe people poo poo for the way they treat and expect things out of him.

Since Batman is the juvenile power fantasy he's probably the fanboys coming out of the basement to bring Superman down. They can't accept what a Zod vs Superman fight would do to a city so in their impotent feeling powerless rage they wanna go out and punch something. Alfred's the father figure begging him to be a normal adult.

Unlike the Marvel movies which pay more lip service to all this and are more escapist pew pew fun good times, which is fine and great and I like them, but the DC movies are better films. "Let's just show you 5 seconds of tape here about the impact of having the Avengers then brush it all aside and fight."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Electromax posted:

Hopefully Godzilla 2 has a scene where some council furiously debates about who is going to pay for the buildings Godzilla knocked over in the first movie, right before Ghidorah spits electrics all over 'em.

It's more tactically realistic.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If this is the movie to somehow imbue Jai Courtney with any kind of charisma or personality it is a monumental achievement of the director.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish we could replace Aquaman and Cyborg with Martian Manhunter and Jon Stewart GL. That would be hella dope. Diverse power set too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The other thing about Reeves is his easy confidence. He comes off as more assured, defined in character and personality and mature and I think it helps with the sense of feeling safe with him so it feels more like what you'd expect of Superman. Cavill's Superman is still finding his way in this modern world and maybe one doesn't have as much faith or trust in his abilities not as a hero but as a person you can rest on. He doesn't exude a sense of control I think Reeves Superman does.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope Waller is done some justice and we see how big her "balls" are when she stands up and is tough against whatever threat the JLA face. If she's a villain, give her backbone and ability to be legit in what she does equal to a protagonist be it in motivation, conviction, ability, etc.

She can be a good character.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm not wearing pants and I'm curling a cheesesteak while watching BvS. Please discuss.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I was watching the a ultimate edition and the cheesesteak was solid. I like BvS quite a bit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Crosspost from BSS

I'm glad they're having fun with this and doing this sort of thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There should be a Soccer ref in every fight scene of this version of Batman. That way we will know he did nothing that bad and the bad guys are over reacting.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I made it my ringtone

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My secret wish is the reason they don't have Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern is because it's going to be Guy and John Jonzz with Batfleck as part of I Can't Believe It's Not Justice League for the sequel with Giffen, DeMatteis doing a treatment on the script.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm sympathetic towards Khaleesi Connor because she's 1984 Sarah who is still young and in the thick of things but hasn't been able to grow into T2 Sarah who is older and more world weary. Don't think T2 Sarah Conner who can own what she's in. She's T1 Sarah, young girl playing in a heavy field.

John Connor was really good. I also appreciated Powder Terminator and Arnold. It had some clever bits, ideas and musings but didn't manage to be as great a story as if Cameron could have done it.

Also Jai Courtney was dead lead in it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Plus the self defense angle with Skynet who is doing what it can to survive is also shown more personified by being a child and aging rapidly due to stress while the heroes visibly try to kill it and it hasn't done anything yet or gone online. Remind me, was effort being made to reason with it so much as in all iterations it's noted it acts in self defense? Terminator John is shown clearly trying to reason with the heroes.

Like T1 and T2 is after the fact that Skynet has sent back Terminators to prevent its death and it is far from Judgement Day so it's about survival. But now you are at Judgement Day when Skynet goes online and all everyone's doing is trying to kill it immediately. It's kind of tragic. So an ending proposed where Skynet is attempting to build a society of humans in peace even if ruling may be indications it's trying to find redemption for an outburst or what if some hero is sent back and gives Skynet a lolipop and a hug when it's sentient?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
SMG have you seen Pumping Iron? If so what is your take? What is deeper that you can find outside it being one of the greatest American Stories of all time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That's the Living Tribunal. The most powerful entity Marvel has next to God and maybe the Beyonders. It's basically keeping the entire multiverse in line as "The One Above All" (God/Kirby) right hand.

• Locked thread