Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FoldableHuman posted:

It's equally weird that only one main character dies and yet everyone's scratching their heads, right?

Well, is either Diablo or Eastwood's character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Have some supposedly details about Lord & Miller's Flash

quote:

Set one year after JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Barry Allen became a forensic analyst for the Central City Police Department to investigate his mother's murder and prove his father's innocence, but has made no progress.

He has a crush on Iris West, an aspiring reporter who wants to make a name for herself by "launching" the Flash. He thinks she has a crush on the Flash, but she's actually attracted to him even though he's a sperg.

Captain Cold is the villain. Lord & Miller wanted Channing Tatum to play him. He and his gang steal technology from S.T.A.R. Labs to take over the city, but are defeated by the Flash and Cyborg. Cold wears a "faceplate", so Barry and Snart actually become friends, unaware of each other's identities.

Barry is frustrated by his personal problems and wants to be the Flash full time, but Iris shows up it's worth having a personal live, and Snart proves that Barry's scientific skills are as useful as the Flash's speed.

Both Iris and Snart find out Barry's secret identity. Snart decides to protect Barry's secret and plans to assemble the Rogues. In the end, Barry finds evidence there was someone else at his house when his mother was murdered and what he recalls as being a "thunderstorm" was actually another speedster.

Supporting characters include Captain David Singh, Barry's boss; Detective Fred Chyre; Detective Jared Morillo; Snart's gang, Lisa Snart and Mick Rory; Mike Infantino, Iris' boss; and mobster Tobias Whale.

Barry uses several speed tricks like speed thinking, phasing through walls, becoming invisible, disrupting electronics, stealing and lending speed, etc. He names them "Flash Facts".

Very comedic. The Flash takes Iris on a romantic sprint through the city and she throws up everywhere; Snart needlessly steals books and clothes that he needs to operate the cold unit; Barry comes up with a over-the-top cover story of being the Flash's college roommate to impress Iris and protect his secret; Barry and Snart bond over a disgusting-looking sandwich that only the two of them like, Flash calls Batman to lend him some money and gets turned down, etc.

Barry designs a new suit and develops new gadgets to counter Snart's technology.

Barry reads Jay Garrick comics.

Barry was supposed to provide voice-over narration to drop science facts, often breaking the fourth wall, which is framed as a private one-on-one interview he gives Iris after she finds out the truth and asks for the "whole story".

I would've liked to see this film.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Guy A. Person posted:

My preferred way of viewing it has been to have it on in the background while I'm doing other poo poo. I don't own the movie but noticed this when it came to premium cable: it's much better when I can be distracted and then look up when Deadshot is shooting all the targets or Joker is pushing Harley into the toxic vat, or basically anytime Joker's gang is doing stuff (I love those guys, I desperately want to see Batman fight them).

The worst part of the mess WB has made of DC's films is that we'll never see BatAffleck and Leto's Joker properly interacting with each other :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox are closing in on a deal, and it could come as soon as next week, according to sources familiar with the matter.

CNBC has been reporting that Disney has held talks with the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media company to acquire its studio and television production assets, leaving Fox with its news and sports assets. Fox is also talking with CNBC parent company Comcast, but the talks with Disney have progressed more significantly.

The deal contemplates the sale of Fox's Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

Welp

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm probably being super naive but assuming Aquaman cost significantly less and they don't want to make the same mistake (and more importantly spend a ton more money just to gently caress poo poo up) they'll let Aquaman release as intended and hope for at least a modest success. Maybe they'll cut post-production and advertising budget as a result? Don't know how that works but it would seem totally stupid to flush the money they've already spent.

They're obviously going to keep going with WW2 because the first was a huge success and presumably they'll continue with the SS sequels/spinoffs for the same reason.

I have no hope for the other movies which sucks cause I was looking forward to the Flash. Oh I'm sure they're still going to do something with the Rock

I was looking forward to GLC but alas :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spotted in Brazil

https://twitter.com/eseauto/status/938555728775725056

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Jack Dylan Gazer has been cast as Freedy Freeman or Captain Marvel Jr in Shazam

quote:

It star Jack Dylan Grazer is graduating to the DC universe.

The actor has joined the cast of New Line's Shazam!, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film centers on a boy named Billy Batson who transforms into the adult superhero Captain Marvel by uttering the magic words "Shazam!" Grazer will play Batson's best friend and confidant Freddy Freeman, the only person who knows Billy's superhero secret. In the comics, Freddy eventually becomes a hero in his own right and adopts the identity of Captain Marvel Jr.

David F. Sandberg is directing Shazam! for New Line Cinema. Zachary Levi stars as the hero Captain Marvel, while Mark Strong is playing the villain, Captain Marvel's longtime arch-nemesis Doctor Sivana.

Grazer was among the young actors to break out with this summer's It, in which he played the hypochondriac member of the Losers Club, Eddie Kaspbrak. The Stephen King adaptation was a big success, scaring up an impressive $694 million worldwide on a $35 million budget.

Shazam! does not have a release date and is eyeing a February start date in Toronto. The film is being developed concurrently with a project focusing on Shazam! villain Black Adam starring Dwayne Johnson.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/it-star-joins-dcs-shazam-1065230

When was confirmed that Mark Strong would be playing Sivana?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
While we are talking of Momoa

First look at Aquaman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Davros1 posted:

No underwater shots?

None yet

But there's a small commentary from him

quote:

What’s also interesting is how even this still photo has a rather different feel than images from Justice League, which introduced Aquaman to audiences last month. Director James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) says you can expect many more differences to come. “It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”

Momoa reveals we can expect to see a tale that spans details Curry’s difficult childhood as a half-human, half-Atlantean to eventually becoming king.

“Justice League was only a weekend in Arthur Curry’s life,” Momoa says. “This is a totally different beast. In Aquaman, you see when his parents met and what happened to hem. Then the little boy being raised and finding his powers and going through that and never being accepted on either side. And then becoming this man who puts up all these walls. You just slowly see this man harden up and be completely reluctant wanting to be king and not knowing what to do with these powers he has. I think James Wan just killed it.”

When Wan first met with Warner Bros. to discuss taking on a superhero film, they famously gave him two options: One was a very popular character (The Flash) and the other was considered so impossible to pull off that the prospect of a movie had been a running joke on Entourage. Naturally, the veteran horror director picked the project that would terrify anybody else.

“Aquaman has been the joke of the comic book world, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how cool that would be,” Wan explains. “Let’s take the character everybody makes fun of and do something really interesting with him.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/07/aquaman-first-look-jason-momoa/

I hope this doesn't change.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Crossposting from the JL thread

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, that was fast

quote:

Warner Bros. is planning a shake-up and restructuring of its DC Films operation following the box office disappointment of “Justice League,” Variety has learned.

Jon Berg will be leaving his current job running the comic book’s film production division, according to several sources with knowledge of the studio’s plans. A search is underway for his replacement. Berg will instead become a production partner with Roy Lee, the producer of “The Lego Movie” and “It,” who has a deal on the lot.

“This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio,” Warner Bros. Picture Group President Toby Emmerich said in a statement to Variety. “I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought ‘Elf’ to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library. We’re thrilled that Jon is partnering with Roy and anticipate their company being a valuable source of movies for Warner Bros. and New Line.”

Warners is expected to name a new person to run point on DC’s films. Geoff Johns, who has partnered with Berg on much of the creative direction of the movies, is expected to continue serving as DC Entertainment’s chief creative officer. Johns, who reports to DC president Diane Nelson, works in areas such as television (and has written various episodes for DC-inspired shows), publishing, and consumer products, in addition to his contributions to the films. Going forward, his work on the films may evolve, and could be more advisory in nature.

These people also say that Emmerich is weighing the idea of further integrating DC’s film operations into the studio’s main movie arm. That would entail putting the divisions under the same roof rather than having DC remain in a separate building on the lot, sources say. Marvel, which is owned by Disney, does operate its comic book film division autonomously, but other studios, such as Fox and Sony, produce their superhero films under the studio’s banner.

The DC overhaul is expected to happen by January.

Warner Bros.’ corporate leaders at Time Warner support the moves and are said to be unhappy with the financial performance of “Justice League.” The film was intended to be DC’s answer to Marvel’s “Avengers,” uniting the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman under the banner of a team of world-saving superheroes. With a budget reported to be as high as $300 million, it represents an expensive bet. After three weeks of release, it has managed to gross $570.3 million worldwide. In contrast, the first “Avengers” film racked up $1.5 billion. The studio did have a number of successes this year with “Wonder Woman,” “Dunkirk,” and “It,” which has helped offset the disappointment of “Justice League.”

Berg and Johns were intimately involved in the production. Berg essentially decamped for the film’s London set, and both men have full producer credits on the picture, which would likely not be the case on future movies. “Justice League” suffered from a difficult birth. An early version, directed by Zack Snyder, alarmed studio executives with its dark tone. That had been the knock on Snyder’s two previous DC films, “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” After his daughter committed suicide, Snyder eventually left the production before it underwent costly re-shoots. Joss Whedon, who had been brought on the punch up the dialogue, took over directing, but studio brass recognized that so much footage had been shot already that there were limits to what could be done to improve the picture. Studio executives realized early on that Snyder’s decision to have Steppenwolf, a god-like, all-CGI creation, as the principal antagonist was faulty. In fact, many reviews were particularly harsh about Steppenwolf, criticizing the character for being one-note and the product of unconvincing visual effects.

There are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie, though he is producing or executive producing several, including “Wonder Woman 2” and “Aquaman.” Warner Bros. continues to have a production deal with Snyder, so it’s possible he could direct additional films for the studio. Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money. They are also upset that each new DC film seems to be making less money than its predecessor. Only “Wonder Woman,” with its optimistic heroine, managed to be both a critical and commercial success.

While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources.

Warner Bros. believes that “Justice League” succeeded in one importantly respect: it effectively introduced Flash (a quippy speedster played by Ezra Miller) and Aquaman (the king of Atlantis, portrayed by Jason Momoa). A solo “Aquaman” is due out in 2018 and Warners is still developing a standalone Flash adventure. Going forward, Warner Bros. is planning a sequel to “Wonder Woman” that’s believed to be set in the Cold War, and New Line has greenlit a “Shazam” feature.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

I'd be happy if this means WB will treat DCEU movies as actual movies instead of franchise entries.

Maybe reduce Geoff Johns' influence too. He's the reason there's no Flash movie in 2018.

The article does mention that Johns is being demoted to just an advisor role, yeah.

Honestly, is pretty lovely the way the article lays all the blame on Snyder.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

Stinks we won't get a Batfleck solo movie. Especially stinks that they don't want the universe to be as dark as it is. I wanted to see this universe's A Death in the Family. It's been hinted at in both BvS and Suicide Squad.

If they are going to do Flashpoint, they should just have Christian Bale as Batman after. It wouldn't make sense with the DC film universe's Joker but who cares at this point.

Well, now word on the vine is that John Hamm really, really wants to be Batman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE5prsMJAWc

Here's hoping is closer to MoS

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LesterGroans posted:

All of the movies they're still going ahead with make sense, but I thought they'd pause a bit with Flashpoint. It feels like it could very much be another Justice League if they get too squirrelly.

Cyborg and Deathstroke almost certainly won't happen, but we'll almost certainly get a Nightwing and a few of the Harley Quinn and Joker movies.

On the other hand, Flashpoint is the perfect chance for them to completely kill Snyder's vision, plus letting Affleck go.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Ruben Fleischer had a brief appearance at Comic Con Experience this weekend and he mentioned that Venom is taking inspiration from the Lethal Protector and Planet of Symbiotes storylines

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is there any possibility for the buyout being denied over accusations of Monopoly or something? :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

'Deadpool' Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger

Disney is ready and willing to get into the R-rated movie business – if the branding is right.

In a call with media following Disney's acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Iger addressed the future of Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds' raunchy and lucrative R-rated Marvel franchise at Fox.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/941793764649132032

I'm going to be pissed if fanboys say these costumes are better than the ones from JL.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/941811274505076738

Probably won't change anything but I appreciate the effort.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 16, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Michelle Williams confirms she's playing Anne Weying, Eddie Brock's Ex-wife in Venom and talks a bit about the role

quote:

SR: You’ve been known to pick great roles with amazing scripts and Venom’s coming up and that has so much stacked talent. You, Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, Woody Harrelson, it amazing, so what is it about that script that’s attracting so much talent around it?

Michelle Williams: We’re having fun. Um, we’re having fun. It’s, um, well for me it’s Tom (Hardy). I just thought, well, that guy knows what he’s doing. I’m just going to go steal some of his moves, figure out what he knows. I just wanted to, you know, you’re only as good as the people you play with and I really wanted to challenge myself with him as a partner.

SR: Is Venom comparable to anything else you’ve done previously, and what can you tell us about Anne Weying?

Michelle Williams: I’ve done one other movie where I was asked to track a tennis ball with my eyes and pretend it was a giant creature thing. Not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it is a skill set and I’m trying to learn it. And uh, she’s, geez, what can I tell you? Not too much right now.

https://screenrant.com/michelle-williams-venom-anne-weying/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942179249473011712
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942179742299467776
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180049997914113
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180145556725760
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180261969534976
https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/942180827013660672

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MacheteZombie posted:

Terrio I believe.

What are the odds of his script remaining mostly intact until release?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Neo Rasa posted:

The original Specter would make a really really really awesome series if it was period, like Boardwalk Empire but with supernatural stuff.

Is a shame the Constantine show was canned after one season, they were actually building up towards the Spectre.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/smugorange/status/943268896492212224

EDIT:

Supposedly Krypton will premier in March and this is an updated synopsis

quote:

Set two generations before the destruction of Superman’s home planet, KRYPTON follows Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), the legendary Man of Steel’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed. With Krypton’s leadership in disarray, Seg-El encounters Earthly time-traveler Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos) who warns he’s under the clock to save his beloved world from chaos. Fighting to redeem his family’s honor and protect the ones he loves, Seg is also faced with a life and death conflict – save his home planet or let it be destroyed in order to restore the fate of his future grandson.

KRYPTON is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and is executive produced by David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “The Dark Knight Trilogy”) through his Phantom Four banner, alongside Cameron Welsh, who serves as showrunner. In addition to Cuffe and Sipos, the show also stars Georgina Campbell (“Broadchurch”), Elliot Cowan (“Da Vinci’s Demons”), Ann Ogbomo (“World War Z”), Rasmus Hardiker (“Your Highness”), Wallis Day (“Will”), Aaron Pierre (“Tennison”) and Ian McElhinney (“Game of Thrones”). Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, KRYPTON premieres in 2018.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 20, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I think the odds of this being real are like .05% but hey, weirder things have happened.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
As Mexican born, raised and living in Mexico. I have to say I find all the praise Coco is receiving to be overblown. Is not really an accurate depiction of the mexican society (unless people thinks we're still living like we did back in the 30s), it takes so many liberties with the lore of Day of Dead to be an accurate depiction and the story itself is nothing truly revolutionary nor something that can't be told without the mexican backdrop.

People are also quick to forget the whole debacle of Disney having the gall to try and trademark the loving Holiday as theirs, the lack of actual mexicans within the staff beyond the cast for the dub (and that is something that we do for nearly every movie now so isn't a huge plus either). In general it just seems that people just got swept by the very effective ad campaign Disney bombarded us for weeks leading to the film's release than actual achievements from the film.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

It's almost like Disney is all about the image they project and nothing about whatever substance they may or may not have.

I loving loath Disney as a company. I really do. Rarely do they make a Bad Movie like Sony, but they often do something worse. They make a Nothing Movie.

They make a movie that pays lip service to the idea of progression or whatever, if they even go that far, but instead it's just a safe bland edges filed off piece of fluff with nothing much to say or do.

Hunchback of Notre Dame is likely the last movie they actually tried with and you can see, QUITE vividly, how scared they were and how much they tried to pull back on it

Yeah, Coco it feels like they just filled a checklist with all the needed elements to do a Good feeling film. It does tug at your heartstrings but it never tries to do anything more.

The Cameo posted:

It's going to mean a lot more to a 12 year old with a camera shooting something on a street in Mexico City to remind him of how the Three Amigos have managed to achieve massive success making whatever the hell they feel like making (while pulling up DPs like Emmanuel Lubezki and Guillermo Navarro, and actors like Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna and the loaded loving cast and crew of Cuaron's upcoming Roma along the way) than to tell them "you can get a movie made with Disney if you're willing to let your cultural heritage be used as cheap exoticism over a standard, lily-white narrative structure".

It's like telling a young black kid with a gift for rhyming that he should be aiming to be MC Hammer and not Kendrick Lamar.

That is a good way to put it and to be honest, I think that Book of Life is the film that should've received the praise Coco is getting when it comes to be a breakthrough for Mexican representation in the US. They got actual mexican staff there and making it a period piece give them enough leeway to take liberties with the setting while also remain sincere on their depiction.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

Seriously, people can't take anything Affleck says right now at face value. He's drinking heavily again, his support network is supposedly starting to ditch him because he won't help himself and it's really impossible to overstate the capacity of an addict for not only lying to others, but for self-delusion. There's a reason he's still babbling on about directing a Batman solo movie despite having been sacked from The Batman and his script tossed by Matt Reeves: Because doing Batman is the one thing that gets him attention from anyone right now.

gently caress :smith:

Wait so he didn't step down on his own volition?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mordiceius posted:

This isn’t loving hard to understand. There are people out there that aren’t white males. They want to see protagonists and casts made up of non-white males. It doesn’t matter if it is made by big evil Disney. In fact, many people are happy it is because it can be seen as a sign of “hey. We can carry a movie too and it’s not just for white men.”

Thing is, Coco isn't about Mexicans. Is about Mexicans filtered through Disney's lenses. It did resonate with people because it was a sappy feel good story but most of the audience has already moved on to other things.

Eugenio Derbez, Diego Luna, Gael Garcia, Iñarritu, el Chivo, Del Toro being a successful actors/directors in Hollywood is more of a positive impact for Mexican society than Coco can ever hope to be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Desperado Bones posted:

Hi guys, just gonna chime in and say not every mexican LOVES those people. Like Eugenio Derbez is a trash comedian who stole jokes from other less popular comedians (and cheated on his ex-wife with a younger lady if I remember correctly, so there might be a skeleton of sexual harassment in his closet). Most of them are seen as "white" mexicans by the general public, a group that does have a lot of privileges, but then I would have to dig on the whole thing that Televisa, the media where they majority came from, only hires people who aren't too brown, if you have blue eyes much better(the following was confirmed from a good friend of mine who got to do her practices on Televisa. There's also the stories of other girls being convinced/coerced in to sex with promises of fame and getting fired afterwards and so on).

Yeah. We still have racism and classicism problems in media and that's so loving sad. :sigh:

As it is with everything it depends on the demography, the average middle-low class Mexican (and thus the group most benefited by positive depictions in media) love those guys. Derbez in particular is so popular that his most recent film, How to be a Latin Lover took the #1 spot at the mexican box office at release, surpassing GOTG2 on its second week. His previous film was also a hit with mexican audiences IIRC. A lot of film Students at the UNAM (one of the two major colleges in the country)are also inspired by Iñarritu, Cuarón and Del Toro successes.

The ones who tend to be more polarizing with the mexican audience are Gael García Bernal and Diego Luna.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

They took a diva attitude after hitting it big that pissed a lot of people who then started to seeing them like they were "too good for Mexico".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Texas and California nevertheless belong to Mexico.

Not completely related but it still grinds my gears to see so many people thinking Mexico is in South America. I would've thought the NAFTA would've clued them in.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ruddiger posted:

It's pretty hilarious how the US bogarted the term "American" considering both continents are named America.

To be fair that seems to apply just in English. In spanish we tend to use americans as global term and a specific term for USA (estadounidenses)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/946773865702805504

Huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:iceburn:

• Locked thread