Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They could have started with Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the suit design itself is great but the cg comes off as a little plastic with the lighting.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This extended cut is really becoming everyone's go-to for shortcomings with the film.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not being a comics guy, how powerful is WW supposed to be? It felt a little off balance that she looked like she was having a blast and playing around while everyone else was on the brink of death. She came off as near invincible.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The best explanation then.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Electromax posted:

It's about as dumb as a bunch of school bus drivers not caring when a new bus emerges from a smoking bankfront to join their queue.

That's actually the most realistic thing in the whole trilogy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just find it amusing that Cap and Tony go back and forth while Vision, the guy who can just wipe everyone out, is sitting fly as gently caress.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

The thing I might be most excited about with the Infinity Gauntlet stuff is Thanos ripping Vision's stone out and possibly killing him

For me it's hoping there's some sort of scene where all these heroes that have been built up over the years are dead and Thanos is just walking around in silence.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

A lot of that imagery feels like it's from the same scene. Like Cumberbatch leaves his body, has a fever dream, and then says "train me".

If it's not, that's very good editing 

They probably only have a very small amount of footage worth showing publicly this early.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 13, 2016

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Tony that's crazy that a 51 year old woman could be an Aunt.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah that's right only the Hunger Games post addressed this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah so far I'm loving everything they're showing of Spidey.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Burkion posted:

I can tell you exactly what's wrong with the first movie design.

It's the 80s/90s action figure version of the design with gimmicked PULSING BRAIN ACTION because the original Lord Zedd was too scary for soccer moms.

So they intentionally dumbed it down. You'll notice they also removed his weird hosed up tubing that had all kinds of fluid flowing through out his body too.

But, it still LOOKS like Lord Zedd. A lovely For Kids version, which is hilarious considering the original Lord Zedd becomes Al Bundy a third of the way through his existence, but he looks like Lord Zedd.

If they pull the same thing they did with Rita and totally divorce their Lord Zedd from the original in terms of design, it would be the dumbest thing they could do because the original Lord Zedd's design is perfect for this kind of film.

The suit was limited due to being made on a kids budget and the first American one they ever made, but the concept and design is stellar. If they take away from that design- not stream line, not modernize- but literally take away, it would be the second biggest mistake they could make. If Lord Zedd is just some scarred dude with a normal face and stuff, that is a bad call.

the biggest mistake they could make would be what the first movie WANTED to do to the Ranger designs. Originally, in the first MMPR movie, the producers or whoever had the helmets remove the mouth plates and the visors so the actors face could be seen- which is a horrible idea and misses the point of being a Power Rangers adaptation. Plus it just looked lovely. Thankfully some one realized what a mistake they were making and they didn't do that. I think there are production photos that show what an awful look it was too.

So yeah. I'm reserving judgement until I see what they do with the Ranger suits. Because in a world where Batfleck exists and we have a purple and blue robot with a stupid jewel in the middle of his head fights along side Captain America and Iron Man, you can do justice to the Power Ranger designs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really don't mind it, I felt they could have done way worse with the helmets.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If the snapchat thing was a marketing suggestion that could have been great.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I identify with a 30 year old SpiderMan who is annoyed that stopping a robbery gets between him and purchasing seltzer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nolans Batman having a code is still very fresh in the general public's minds. It really doesn't go much further than that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I still really appreciate "McAvoy or Stewart? These timelines are confusing." line, and the line about the Mansion being so empty because of licensing reasons.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait DMX didn't score Deadpool?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I finally caught X-Men Apocalypse and wow was it just overwhelming and cheesy. Granted I went in with low hopes, it was hard to get into it and I think I'm burnt out on establishing Magneto's struggles yet again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not sure why she's a plant monster instead of an evil witch. Maybe they'll explain that in the movie

It looks like they're setting her up as a fallen Green Ranger.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I laughed at how awful it looked when X-23 did that flip and then was surprised to see all the praise for the trailer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Electromax posted:

I don't think people were praising the little girl's flip as the primary thing that appeals to them in the 2 trailers so far.

Well all the dialogue came off as try-hard too but didn't think I needed to call that out. Red band trailer also going for the "OMG HE SAID gently caress!" gag.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lobok posted:

He was the bank employee who Peter and May talk to.

Edit: And then there's that guy in the elevator who comments on Spider-Man's costume. He also used to host Talk Soup back in the day.

The rise and fall of Hal Sparks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is this the first time they are revealing the Guardians are in Infinity War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOzrChqmd0

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

So I'm super broke brained and my brain just only now put together that the actress in the picture is Cate Blanchett. She looks amazing. (I've also had a crush on Cate Blanchett since she was Galadriel.)

If only the magazine editors did something to make it more obvious it was her.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Apocalypse could've been a really cool villain if they'd run with his whole Lovecraftian-elder-god-meets-crazed-eugenicist angle, but instead they just made him another generic blue guy, and on top of that he's constantly shot in ways that reinforce how small and unimposing he is.

Yeah it really pretty sad how badly they whiffed on it all.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They're either hiding something or it's going to be incredibly paint-by-numbers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think Infinity War Pt. 1 will have a body count / depressing ending because it's going to tease the gently caress out of Pt. 2 that will undo all of it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was really sad when the just okay sitcom actor died.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Am I mis-remembering GotG1 or is there nothing impressive about Batista's performance?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And why is parker doing graffiti?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Looks like Snapchat isn't quite as popular as it was...

Nahhhh

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The WWE avatar is like icing on the cake.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

porfiria posted:

My bigger question is whether like Henry Cavill roided up or whatever. That was the whole thing when Man of Steel came out but. I dunno is it possible to get that big without some drugerinos?

Not in the time they have to do it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Guys I think Marky Mark is clean because he's nice to kids.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Including the girls dead body?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is really a probate-able post? SA you are shook.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

[quote="“Punkin Spunkin”" post="“476574051”"]
and wow I had no idea HBO was doing a Watchmen show. I guess that’s cool. I’m not sure Lindelof’s credits fill me with confidence but even bad HBO is usually better than most poo poo on TV so w/e
[/quote]

Did you watch The Leftovers? I wouldn't give Damon all the credit but god drat did I love that final season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now I know which version of the movie I want to see.

• Locked thread