Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Venom Snake posted:

Well Megyn Kelly still hates Trump.

She can't show an ounce of hostility because it would only fuel Trump further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Larry Kudlow endorsing your tax plan is the only proof a person needs that your tax plan is garbage.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

what the gently caress is happening, how is fox news the only network actually doing loving journalism

The Republican Party can boycott NBC or ABC if they don't like the treatment they receive, but they can't boycott Fox.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Trump missed a complete sitter on immigration...

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
It looks like Ailes told the moderators to just burn down all four candidates.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Necc0 posted:

whoever said trump was going to pivot and make himself the reasonable candidate was dead-on

Trump trying to pivot makes it look like he is playing into the "secretly liberal" narrative.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
This is the line of attack that the Democrats would use. How do you fight for the American worker when you take advantage of labor laws to hire lower wage foreigners. Trumps other position is that American wages are too high - I don't think he is going to get a lot of support from Americans thinking they need to compete on wages with Mexico and China.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Trump walking back his craziest foreign policy points tonight. He's basically just admitting that he didn't know what he was talking about and nobody is going to give a poo poo.
Trump is getting the Republicans to support flexible decision making?

It's probably not going to be enough to sway the NeverTrumps.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Megyn Kelly would make a great candidate for the Republican Party.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Cruz is the new Friend Ben.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

The Assassination of Donald Trump by the Coward Roger Ailes

He can do with a flick of his finger what the entire GOPe couldn't do to save their lives.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Of the 3 active participants tonight, Cruz is the only one walking away without this being a stain against his name.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
If you had crossfire you would have got less deaths...

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Little Marco's stand up comic training seems to be paying dividends.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Roger Ailes seems to be down with the "throw the election to Hillary" plan.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Adding fuel to the fire of the NeverTrumps...

If it was anyone other than Fox asking this question, they would be boycotted by the GOP.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Kasich's focus on neighborhoods helping themselves sounds awfully like "gently caress you guys, you are on your own".

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Montasque posted:

Making Rubio say "I would support Donald Trump" was massive... It blows all his #NEVERTRUMP bullshit up.

Ailes seems to be rooting for the setting Trump up to fail in the general scenario, since that's the least damaging option for the GOPe.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

AmericanBarbarian posted:

I don't know why fox asked that support the nominee question. Why do they have to set up the rat-gently caress? If you decide to rat-gently caress trump just rat-gently caress him. It wont change his decision to run independent.

It was with the opposite goal. By getting Rubio on record, Fox is trying to avoid the ratfucking that ends the GOP. Fox, or at least Kelly, proved that they can land blows on Trump when they want to.

Hillary can't be relied on to beat him on his own, but Fox can tee up the attacks for her so she can win and Trump goes away with minimal blood shed for the Republican Party.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

AmericanBarbarian posted:

I don't think the GOP is planning that far ahead in any effective way. In some ways I think the GOP is in real denial that they have no unifying party for the tea party and trump supporters any more. If anything Trump has demonstrated that someone who is willing to not be politically correct or potentially electable after one electoral season can take over the GOP. Trump is opening the door for Trump imitators to come after him. The GOP still has no effective defense against Trump. If they don't invest everything in a presidential win they risk losing out big time to Trump like tea party invaders in the future.

The Tea Party ultimately had an effect on the Republican Party because they were bankrolled by the Kochs. The Kochs, and Adelson are anti-Trump. You can't be a Trump-like candidate if you need donors to prop you up, so the Trump movement will likely have very few imitators. The convention ratfucking that the GOPe has planned is akin to pulling the knife tout of your artery and bleeding out. Ailes seemed to be advocating a for a manageable amputation. They may lose a leg, but they will survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Isn't Bloomberg supposed to announce this week?

He was supposed to act as a spoiler to Bernie. I'm not really sure what he hopes to achieve with Hillary around. Bloomberg is pretty much Hillary, but instead of having Wall Street connections, he is built into the foundation Wall Street.

• Locked thread