Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
This is another random recipe generator that makes no sense and makes me crack up every time I come across it: https://jamesoff.net/fun/random-recipe-generator/

slices of bread a la anchovies

Serves 1

You will need:
130g of anchovies
70ml tomato ketchup
4 slices of bread

Instructions:

saute the tomato ketchup
whisk the slices of bread
toast the anchovies
melt the slices of bread
put the slices of bread in the fridge to set
stir the tomato ketchup
heat the slices of bread in the saucepan
flip the tomato ketchup
sprinkle the tomato ketchup over the top
throw it all away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

I know someone who had never seen a pinwheel before and thought it was some kind of sushi. Which in a kind of poor white trash/50s way, it is. The difference in textures just seems wrong to me.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:
I can't look away from the Meatloaf Princess videos, but I'm scared and horrified and can't seem to process the things I'm seeing. This is some Masaokis level poo poo.
Guess the food!

Avocado cereal

Kimchi juice jello

Pumpkin spice gravy

Fried chocolate pigs feet

Someone get this person help.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I kinda love Meatloaf Princess after watching a bunch of her videos. It's horrifying and true to this thread's purpose. Almost every recipe starts out normal and goes off the rails at some point. So many competing strong flavors in these loaves.

I have so many questions. Why is she so mean to Cameron? Why are there so many bananas next to the stove in every video? Why the strange and expensive ingredients? Why fry things in avocado and sesame oil? What is with the dresses? Why such a specific number of baby carrots? How many kinds of bagged popcorn does one need?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
From a local Mexican fast food restaurant:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFydjEcaSRs

Oh no. There's nothing wrong with the recipe this time but it looks so wrong.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Graedyn posted:

It kind of resembles what is called an Indian taco up in these parts (ND): all of the stuff you eat in a normal taco but in a piece of fry bread folded in half like a taco shell. They're still one of the biggest sellers at the Downtowner's Street Fair held each year in September. They're really good when the bread is freshly fried and the outside is still crispy and the inside is soft and steamy.

Reverse GIS says it's a fish sandwich.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

The Meatloaf Princess does it again. I was curious what her take on meatloaf tacos would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwiwkrm8hDk

I suppose I had expected taco meatloaf.

But seriously, carrots? Why?

The sour cream/ketchup/taco sauce/everything else mixture is what got me. I feel like it could have been done well if she had made a meatloaf, then cut it up in strips as taco filling but the combo of overcooked ground beef+mashed sweet potatoes+baby carrots+sauce doesn't even register as meatloaf in my head.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I've tried to like tempeh many times and I've finally come to the conclusion that tempeh is loving disgusting and people shouldn't eat it. I love some gross vegetarian/vegan food abominations but that poo poo just tastes weird.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0_1hLCVZg
oh no.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

poop dood posted:

why is no one else upset and confused about the presence of strawberries on that salmon/cream cheese/sushi monstrosity

I saw this a few weeks back at the grocery store and took a picture because the combo of strawberries+mango(?)+ avocado seemed wrong.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Omit the beans and this is one of the post-divorce dinners my dad would made for my brother and I as kids. :unsmith: Sometimes with a can of tomato paste in there as well.

I make it once or twice a year because I'm disgusting and it brings back memories

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1N-4DkkON4
Birthday cake soda kimchi. On pizza. Why.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

I got some discounted battered poutine bites in my freezer fir some evening when I get stupid drunk and need food

These?

They were discounted for a reason. My boyfriend and I tried them a few weeks ago and I don't think even being drunk will improve these. My first thought when I ate one was that the gravy was like Fancy Feast gravy, and the texture of the cheese when warm is all wrong. Once they've been refrigerated they're less bad texture wise, but there's very little potato and the vegetarian gravy is very yeasty and artificial. They're even worse than they look.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

trap sprung.....?? :stonk:

God no, I'm vegetarian and have standards. I have a cat, I feed her lovely canned food as a treat sometimes and the gravy flavoring tasted the same way the extra gravy Fancy Feast smells.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Someone finally made a Tasty parody channel and it's just as delightful as you'd hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ipx6oUAL-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1xMnx6Gzo

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My boyfriend makes grilled cheese with mayo and while the concept really grossed me out for some reason at first, I'll admit that he's right, mayo works better than butter.

Speaking of grilled cheese, we tried to make grilled cheese with garlic toast this weekend and while it tasted pretty good, it really needs to be toasted on the inside before you attempt to make a grilled cheese because it was soggy and kinda sad on the inside while the outside got nice and crispy.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Happy 10th birthday, none pizza with left beef.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

It's a sponsored post. Pillsbury paid this woman to write about wrapping cinnamon rolls around hot dogs. Why.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Extremely regret not bringing this to the work potluck today

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years and i actively avoid 90+% of vegetarian/vegan restaurants and usually end up going to a restaurant that serves meat but has a decent vegetarian menu. I use/eat fake meat products sparingly, and a place that relies on them is a massive red flag for me.

In my experience with these places, the food isn't as good as a regular restaurant and it's usually got weird poo poo thrown into it. I think that in a lot of cases, a regular restaurant won't put a mediocre vegetarian dish on a menu, but veg joints thrive on novelty rather than quality. I have had too many mediocre vegetarian dinners at those places to keep paying a premium for a place that serves vegan scallops or fake cheese.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

2 shots of peppermint schnapps in a hot chocolate. We call them loving Nightmares. Three of those bad boys and you're basically set for the night.

That drink has single-handedly saved multiple Christmases for me. Nobody drinks at my family gatherings on either side and gatherings are always boring and awkward. Gas station hot chocolate on the way to dinner, take several big sips and top off with a shot of peppermint schnapps and like magic, Christmas is bearable.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

big trivia FAIL posted:

they still make that kit. when i was a lad in the 1980s my mother kept the nursery at church every wednesday night, and my dad would make 2 of these for us. in my memory they were delicious and every now and then i think about buying the kit and making them again but i never do. i think the last time i had them was 1989/1990 or so, but they still make 'em.

My grandma would make these for us as kids in the 90s, but never bought mozzarella or any other cheese other than the parmesan dust that came in the kit. If she was feeling spicy she might put some unseasoned ground beef on top but otherwise it was in retrospect usually just this weird sad pizza but I have nothing but nostalgia and happy memories from. I'll never attempt to make it as an adult so my hazy happy childhood memories don't get tainted. Trying pizza lunchables as an adult taught me that.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Content: No pizza rules, but there should ABSOLUTELY be rules on how to serve pizza.

Pizza, but make it *~QuiRkY*~

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

in college these things came onto the market and we bought one as a kind of self own prank. Figured it would sit around and eventually someone would get stoned enough to eat it. So I was that someone a few months later....It literally made me sick. It's got some seriously insane nutritional stats, but mostly the salt and fat contents were off the charts. Never again swanson.

this dipshit's on the back of the box taunting you to eat this garbage:

http://www.myths.com/pub/humor/misc/breakfast_review/

Posting a repost of this ancient article lost to time from X-Entertainment (now Dinosaur Dracula) because this review of that microwave meal was the height of comedy for my 13 year old self when I found it. I think the eggs are the most unsettling part of it.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Also I have to ask, why is he always smiling? Did he just start that up from episode one and make that his brand?

https://i.imgur.com/bgdSnom.mp4

His expression always looks slightly pained and forced like he's in some sort of odd hostage situation where the only way he'll ever see his family again is if he gets enough views on viral videos.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I've been a vegetarian since 2003, and Burger King was the first major fast food joint to release a veggie burger. The first iteration was :gonk: but honestly, it was enough to hit the spot and as a teen, it was something that helped me feel "normal" because I could eat a burger like the rest of the team. Mostly it just felt like they put 2x the amount of mayo to cover up the taste.

They later released a better version and now have the Impossible Whopper in the states which is halfway decent. Still, I prefer a black bean burger or something that isn't trying to pretend to be meat.

It is much easier to be vegetarian now. Back then, this was about the only fake meat that I could find:

And it was pretty awful. It was all like vegetarian spam, just shaped differently.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

:sever:
Zarug_get_a_divorce.gif

It's not an issue of interfaith marriage, it's that your husband has got to be a sociopath or 1000lbs if he's cutting his bagel thin and slathering on a shitload of cream cheese with every slice.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Seafood chowder is the chili of the sea.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

mng posted:

This is my new favourite channel, I've been watching him over the last few days thanks to this thread. Bop bop bop bop baaaahp!

Same. I'm a vegetarian and I'm over here laughing at some dude making weird sausages no human should make. My partner does not understand the appeal.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

d3lness posted:

Leftover taco meat and no tortillas means it's time for breakfast sloppy joes!

That's a Midwestern delicacy, the Taco Burger™

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I hate eating wet cereal so I just snack on the dry stuff and green onion chex sounds delicious for snacking as long as it wasn't sweet.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

rodbeard posted:

I actually prefer the Trader Joe's soyrizo.

The pork nodes brand sausage (cacique) makes a vegetarian version of chorizo with soy protein and while greasy as hell, it's delicious and cheap. I stumbled upon it in my local Hispanic supermarket and it's one of my favorite finds, other than their 20 limes for a dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I'm a vegetarian and have been for years yet I'm fascinated with Ordinary Sausage in ways I can't put into words.