Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I appreciate the effort but I still want a plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Worthy to be served at a wedding, as well.

e: or in fact a kids party, I mean let's have some respect for the little shits.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

buddy, I put my allergies in everything
Same but never heard it called that tbh

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saves on finger bowls!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gschmidl posted:

I'd like to know more about bread with toasted bread in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

*out of a total 200 crickets per tube

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Woke Pob posted:

My strongest memory of living in Scotland is seeing a guy in Dundee dual-wielding 2l bottles of Frosty Jacks white cider at a bus stop. He put both bottles on the ground in order to take a piss, at about 7pm on a busy high street. While pissing he fell flat on his back and continued to piss all over himself, then got up and went back to swigging poo poo cider.
I was in Edinburgh on holiday and met two guys at night, one of them asked me which way to the train station while his buddy very slowly folded in on himself in the background

and that was more or less right on top of a set of stairs that led directly down to the station from old town so I was like "yep, just right down here, down the stairs, can't really miss it but best of luck anyway"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

also it strikes me that there will be many things readily accessible that will be roughly pineapple sized but not a pineapple and I doubt the machine is equipped with a pineapple identification component

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Every grim dark science fiction and fantasy author has written a scene where the protagonists smell the delicious odor of pork, the fat crackling over the fire wafting through the pines. Salivating, they approach the campsite cautiously when they realize, drat idgaf I'm hungry what's done is done and I'm having some. We will serve the cause of mankind in a different way in the morning after I've had some of this delicious feast.
Cormac McCarthy went the extra mile on that one and then some.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This honestly made me a little disappointed in the guy. He keeps repeating how much he doesn't want to do it and even calls out the food waste and then... does it anyway because audience engagement numbers trump all I guess. I figured he of all people would have had the clout to say "I'm not doing this, it's a waste of food, please stop requesting it."

Like I already don't want to know how many ingredients a regular episode uses up between iterating the recipe and multiple takes, or where failed attempts go, and those aim to produce an actual food item.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What is the game? Is it Jigsaw's?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

In the rear end?
works for a pickle if you do like them and probably looks hilarious, no flared base though so watch out.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yellow Yoshi posted:

people get all excited at the sight of the cheese pouring (i think that experience is what theyre paying for)
From the guy's nametag (?) you're right about Japan, but that describes every viral video from a NYC or LA burger place on the internet in the last 5-ish years.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Male Tears posted:

Wait, do you guys think that's satire or is it serious?
All I know is that no one who set out to do a comedy video could have had better timing than the second bag of parmesan coming in.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Why did you cum in the coffee pot and turn it on?
stop dissing my lunch y'all

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One place I worked at had a cafeteria with the usual standards: bland unexciting dishes, vegetables cooked to a mush etc. Never had exactly what was advertised in the weekly meal plan, so you'd settle on something that sounded sort of okay and on the day find out they were substituting something lovely for the only good part. It was a pretty isolated institution, the cafeteria was the only place around where you could reasonably get food, and the guy running it knew. In addition, he was a sloppy server. I only went like 5-6 times but twice the guy dropped a chicken breast or a helping of lasagna into the soup container and would just fish it out and hand you a chicken breast swimming in soup or a soaky mush of lasagna all like "yep that's your meal today buddy, what you gonna do about it."

This was at one of the highest legal institutions in my country. You'd think they could find a decent caterer.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Some Irish poo poo, there's a few Irish and scottish drinks on there

Edit: Actually, it occurs to me that both Ireland and Scotland seem chock-a-block with wan orange soft drinks that nobody can describe the flavor of, I'm just gonna guess they taste like sugar
Irn-Bru tastes like bubblegum, but (because there seems to be a long-standing controversy about this) it's a quite specific kind of bubblegum. I'm from Europe and I immediately recognized it, but the classic American "bubble gum" flavour is different. Also yes sugar indeed.

what's truly indescribable at least to Europeans is root beer, you can only say it tastes like root beer, there's like no frame of reference and most people think it's vile.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've shared root beer with many German nationals and they have immediately likened the taste to medicine, since I think there are medicines that use similar flavorings over there.
I couldn't think of any specific medicine, but it's a perfectly obvious association.

On the other hand, Wintergreen flavouring isn't really common over here at all, at least in regular over-the-counter stuff. Imagine my surprise when I went to the US and innocently brushed my teeth with the hotel toothpaste. If you went to Germany and used the local toothpaste and it turned out to taste of beer you'd be like what the gently caress

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Trekking Burger is a joke basically only German hikers understand and find funny, at least for the intended reason.

My favourite video on it is ashens'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60_oMY5ULIw

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I eat off of my belly too, but I don't consider it a plate
Is this like when you're rich and eat sushi off a lady

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Clone Farmer posted:

The pepepr kills me every time.
For me it's that it's "slightly modified".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

same but mine sure as hell doesn't stem from Tiktok or Twitter

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I actually think it might be the whole one in there

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Honestly making "mashed potatoes" out of commercial chips is... you do you. But, for gently caress sake. Crush them into a powder and add just enough water to achieve the right consistency instead of boiling and draining whole chips. Like if you want to do it, for your own godforsaken reason, there's a competent and an incompetent way.

Also are Lays cut from whole potatoes? Cause if you did it with Pringles it'd be like, congrats, you reconstituted them into the slurry they were originally made from.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nutella used to advertise with "contains the best parts of a glass of milk" or something.

I remember a cartoon that had some jars in a shop side by side, one saying that and the other "contains the stuff that was left over from the glass of milk"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Wasn't that an ad for Kinder Chocolate?
Might have been, I think Ferrero were just generally all about mentioning milk wherever they could.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Probably literally that, evolution has practically hardwired our brains to shovel in as much energy-dense sugar and fat as we can if we can get it, cause they haven't yet caught up with the fact that there's a neverending supply in every supermarket aisle, and nut butters of any kind have (are probably engineered to have) the exact texture that tells them "here's the good stuff get while the gettin's good."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Travis Bickle orders a piece of apple pie with a slice of cheese in Taxi Driver.
Travis Bickle eats a bowl of bread soaked in booze with sugar on top in Taxi Driver

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

well what do you call them?
apartment

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is that halloumi? Absolutely would.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Can we make a new image file and just exchange that? Got an idea or two actually. This thread should have a gang tag.

The small pastries thing wasn't one of his bits, was it? Cause I'm not giving that up. It's ours now.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My humble idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The swirl came out nice considering your unorthodox choice of decorating tool