Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elizabethan Error posted:

Octopedes aren't invertebrates though.

durr i am smrt. exoskeletons and invertebrates aren't related.

Scientists have officially classified octopi as honorary vertebrates! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's a bit washed out. Let's apply a little HDR

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

cash crab posted:

I mean sure, but how?

Like an animal you loving piece of poo poo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Best pizza I've had was bulgogi pizza at a shortlived italian korean fusion place

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

Nor should you, the amount of tuna people eat on the regular is so obscene imo. Like if lion were a staple food or some poo poo.

according to teddy roosevelt lion is delicious

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

that dude is weird.

devout conservationist but damned if he was going to show up late to kill it before it goes extinct.

Deforestation is the coward's way of killing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Enhance

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

Great! You came to the right place.

(found by Googling food blop -blog)

Nobody can stop me

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Aug 2, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's a bit of a cheat because the recipe didn't call for pastries

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

southern sweet tea has to stay just below boiling while the sugar is being added, because at room temperature the solubility is too low to cram it all in there

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

American food: (four things not from the US)

I gauran loving tee you all those have a shitload of corn in them

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, it just annoys me since there's so much amazing food native to the US but people from other countries are always just like "lol hamburgers" which isn't even American :argh:

I mean how far back does it have to go to be really 'American'? If you're too restrictive you can basically throw out all Italian dishes, and for that matter, anything that uses hot peppers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeast is absolutely everywhere. You'd have to do some sort of insane scrub with antifungals and poo poo and stay in a sterile room to get it off you and even then you'd probably still have some hiding somewhere ready to recolonize.

If you are looking for good wild strains for beer, spiderwebs generally are a good place to look.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I am sad the Korean and pizza place near me went out of business because bulgogi pizza is incredible

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mental illness comes in all forms

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Have a nice hot bowl of gluten free, free range, artisan, nonGMO, cruelty-free, dolphin safe, vegan go gently caress yourself, lady

can I get some extra cruelty on the side?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the stereotype of british food being awful was mostly formed during the rationing of world war two

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Depending on how important this is to you as a person, it's super nice to never have to be the limiting factor in what a group decides to eat.

I'm like
Thai: :yum:
Japanese :yum:
Indian :yum:
Ethiopian :yum:
Chinese :yum:
Vegan :yum:

Wherever we end up, if people are going to have arguments about what we can or can't have, it won't be because of me :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hFwPmQqSsU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

You obviously don't have kids. Some kids will literally starve themselves rather than eat something that they "don't like". And I put that in quotes because the more you force the issue the more stubborn they'll be about not liking it even when you loving know that they do like it. You cannot force kids to eat or like things.

What you can do is regularly present them with a variety of foods from an early age, and model good eating habits yourself, and also make sure you actually know how to cook. But you can't "force the issue" at all.

There's a recent case where an abusive parent lost in court for trying to force the issue

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No, it's an ostrich leg, the kid in the picture was recounting stories of growing up raising ostriches. It came up like two or three threads ago.

Well if we're talking about classic limb posts

icehawk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

Mayonnaise is a seasoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GWS3ccmvI

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Sep 5, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They were testing three thousand major brands, split into three hundred different categories, then had a third of the score be 'familiarity'.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That explains the reason why the waitress frantically intervened when I was cooking my chicken the one time I ate Korean bbq.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

A little too vivid to my eyes; the green of the avocado looks like antifreeze, the sea salt looks blue, the meat on the back right looks basically raw.

Are you phoneposting?

Phones tend to bump up color saturation significantly

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I think it can happen for other reasons but I'm pretty sure 99% of all cases of that occur due to an unusual reaction a small portion of people have to getting bitten by a tick

you know how all the hippies who spent a lot of time outdoors sitting in the grass started talking about how red meat makes you feel bad, man?

turns out they had a syndrome

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I make my chili entirely out of avocados

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tribbledirigible posted:

It was just an example. Besides it should just be a cheese pizza if we were going for a popular traditional pizza topping on a traditional pizza base.

I'd say pepperoni is the most 'normal' pizza; cheese pizza has no toppings, which makes it an end-member of the pizza spectrum.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

The common wisdom is that because the wood is porous it can't be cleaned as easily/effectively, and a quick google says that this is true but that plastic boards aren't perfect because they end up with lots of tiny cuts in them from the knife that harbour bacteria.

also, hardwoods will suck the bacteria off the surface through capillary action, then kill them when the cutting board dries out

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A state of the art neural network has generated some mouthwatering food.

Dunno if this image download link will work but try here for the full spread.

Otherwise here's the google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z7lgwMaZjfacbgQxVJ0xIEkIsfNbb3U_ There are a lot of different outputs, 19.jpg is the one with pizza, other ones have other food types mixed in (18 has hamburgers and hot dogs, for instance)

EDIT:

tag urself

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Oct 2, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Randaconda posted:

i'm the smiling one

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bike tory posted:

If you make sure to butter the bread, this tastes really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WoaCkA_OuM&t=89s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Horse radish on pizza would be good I think.

It was pretty good on a reuben pizza but the place near me that made it closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

angerbeet posted:

Does this look like the face of evil?

That's just because the lighting is bad, and her skin all looks the shade. Bump up the color contrast a little and