Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I mean, I would eat this. I wouldn't be proud of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

I think it's hollandaise.

I silently narrowed my eyes at this image

Then I realized that I had done it and mashed the quote button so I could tell everyone

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's funny, but the problems were mostly reported by people who ate one or more entire bags in one sitting, but then the news took off with it.

The last chips to use Olestra in the US were Fat Free Pringles that they just discontinued this year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Samizdata posted:

It was less than a whole bag (unless you mean one of those one person little bags). It was tragic all the way down...

For some of us.

Condolences.

I never had a problem and enjoyed them. RIP Anal Leakage Chips

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

This is a rule that distinguishes pies from sandwiches and thus does not interrupt the rules which are exclusive to pizza

I believe you will find that, as they typically lack an upper crust, pizzas are actually tarts and not pies.

They only become sandwiches if you fold them and they break, or if you put two slices together with at least one topping side in

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zombear posted:

I had a roommate who did something similar to this but much worse looking. He'd mix a can of Cream of Mushroom soup into his ramen. It makes a grey mass of various textures, but isn't too bad late at night when you've been drinking like a monster since noon.

That sounds gross, but I must say that a can of Cream of Mushroom mixed into a completed batch of Kraft Mac/Dinner and then baked with breadcrumbs on top is one of my comfort foods.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

Black pizza matter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gridlocked posted:

There is surely a story behind this statement.

If it weren't for my tiny pastries, I never would have punched that guy in the cancer center

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

well now I know why my vegan no-bake Cereal Water Tofu Meatloaf wasn't turning out right

Forgot the ice cubes? I always forget the loving ice cubes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Dinner is Coming.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

subpar anachronism posted:

Not sure I want to taste fried anything if I decide to drink a pop. Mmm, oil and sugar.

It actually smells and tastes like carbonated maple syrup. I got a case on clearance and made friends try it when they wanted a beverage before I gave them anything good.

Only one person finished the can.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

What beast would put ranch on spinach?

I'd eat that salad if it was iceberg instead. I'd hate myself for it, but I'd eat it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SneakyFrog posted:

:wrong:

What abomination of "sauce" can be accomplished in 5 minutes?

OK, like I'm not defending that likely terrible product, and sauce from a jar isn't as good as grandma italiano's all day sauce from scratch with heirloom tomatoes from her secret garden, but it's not like the sauce is being made in 5 minutes. Like sauce from a jar, it's just being heated up. Jar sauce isn't an "abomination" even if it's not the best thing.

That stuff is still probably p gross, though. Spagh!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think the bowl with corners is worse than the food, personally.

Of course, I thought those were bran flakes at first.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

We don't have a lot of dishes (and almost all of my bad food photography takes place in one flat bowl) but why do I see so many people eating out of paper bowls and paper plates at home????I'll admit that I let dishes sit in the sink for a few hours or overnight if I'm lazy, and to be fair I developed severe hand eczema from washing dishes in the past few months, but idgi. Buy a plate

Assuming they have running water to wash plates. It actually costs more to eat from disposable stuff, since you can get ceramic or glass plates and bowls from places like dollar tree for literally $1 each or less. So, "buy a plate" probably is not the solution. People do it out of extreme laziness I imagine.

Of course, why you would then take a picture bragging about it to post on the internet is another question. Unless it's like a cookout or birthday party or something with lots of guests, of course.

Redneck-chic?

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 1, 2016

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Eating okra for the first time as an adult is pretty rough. I've had it a few times and I still don't know if I like it or hate it. I eat a piece, make a face that seems to indicate that I hate it, but then take another piece. Maybe it's like Moxie (soda) and the second bite (sip) is just to kill the aftertaste from the first, and so on. It's insidious!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jarred alfredo is a ten-year-old boy walking to the liquor store at 8:00AM on a Tuesday because Mommy is too "sick" to buy her own “medicine”
OK, this is true. I was referring to red sauce, but I was admittedly unclear. Jarred alfredo is universally loathsome, which is extra stupid since unlike red sauce it doesn't take forever to just make it yourself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Moxie just has a very powerful aftertaste. I've known about it forever. My dad likes it and so we used to get it occasionally, like once or twice per year. I'm sure if you drank it all the time, you wouldn't notice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What's wrong with this, chum?

This is the first image in the thread that actually made me mad. The first rule of pizza may be that we don't talk about pizza rules, but that thing fails to qualify for the protection as it is an insult to the very idea of pizza day!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

Do you mean New England style hot dog buns?

I miss these so much. Grilled flat side buns are sooo much better than round buns.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Perhaps a sort of secret pizza club, where the first rule is you don't talk about pizza club

Actually.....

...nevermind, sorry.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sweeperbravo posted:

And the last one with the macaronis look like it was a big macaroni that broke open to hatch the little macaronis that are now feeding off the body of the mother.

That would be less disgusting than what it actually appears to be.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty sea posted:

A co-worker of mine is insanely grossed out by the mere thought of free-range eggs but it's not the taste, she thinks they'll crack open and be half-formed like balut, basically. She won't even buy brown eggs from the store because they might be fertilized or some poo poo because they're brown instead of white...which makes them more likely to be like real, farm eggs? I don't even know. She orders her eggs well done and scrambled at restaurants just so that they don't accidentally serve her a half-formed chick. Something that I'm sure has never, ever loving happened. It's a real phobia.

A client of ours brings us dozens of fresh eggs from her farm during the spring/summer. My co-worker is missing the gently caress out, imo. Those eggs were the best I've ever had.
I once made an over easy egg that looked perfectly normal but the yolk had an odd taste. It took me a second to realize that it tasted like chicken. Something about that freaked me the gently caress out. I don't know why it affected me so, it's not like I don't know where eggs come from or what they are. I couldn't eat an over easy egg for like a year.

I'm better now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love fried eggs and scrambled, but making an omelette is touch and go for me, because as soon as yellow (beaten) egg starts to brown, it goes from yum to yuck

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

WHY IS IT WET

PCOS Bill posted:

I finish all over

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That looks suspiciously like rotini to me. Did they really gently caress it up to the point where they used the wrong pasta for their pasta dish?

And one time this guy

get this

used linguini

linguini

for carbonara

gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

Why is Walmart selling escargot and caviar?
To make money.

Poor people like to feel fancy sometimes? A lot of people in the US would have to drive well over 100 miles to go anywhere else that sells those things.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I get that it seems pedantic but the name of the noodle used is identical to the dish in this case. Carbonara actually can be made using different pastas because the dish isn't named after the type of pasta it's made with. I don't really get what you're going for here.
It'd be like if you ordered a hamburger but got meatloaf.

Meh, some dweeb lost his mind about carbonara a thread or two ago and I was just calling back that more than commenting on this.

The important thing is that it made me laugh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Pies are made of pastry. Pizzas are made of bread. Pizzas are sandwiches, not pies.

Also pies have a lid, so even if they were made with pastry they'd be tarts not pies

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Untrue--what about pumpkin pie, chess pie, or navy bean pie? Those are all single crust (also all custard based, now that I think of it...)

Pumpkin pie is a misnamed tart. Chess is a board game. Navy Beans aren't for dessert.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bunnyofdoom posted:

No. Pizza. Rules

I declare that bunnyofdoom's post is a pizza and therefore cannot be wrong.

This post is also a pizza.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

In the US at least it's common to mix up canned chicken with mayo into a gloopy mess and make sandwiches out of it. Insert political joke.

In certain parts of the US maybe. (the midwest only probably)

This is much more common with canned tuna than canned chicken in a national sense.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

1 cup of wheat

:staredog:

Wheat what?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Hungry Jack?

Prince Spaghetti, Knight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Parmesan on tilapia or similar is yummy

Crab rangoon best rangoon

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angerbeet posted:

bone app the teeth

walla

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

That looks tasty, at least.

But have some jellied eels baked into a cake

Holy poo poo that picture is in full color :catstare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I don't even know what to say about this.

When my brain processed the presence of the banana I involuntarily narrowed my eyes and said "no" out loud.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's been a while since something in the thread made me look away to stifle a gag reflex.

Probably shouldn't look at this thread when I feel full from eating.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It is likely in part because I'm over tired but that's the loudest I ever laughed at the forums in many years, so thank you a sexual elk.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Aerogel sandwich

with cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Heck apparently the FDA even allows restaurant to sell things which are not lobster under the lobster name.
Fuckin langastino bullshit