Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

I hope you lose all of your games and your stadium burns down.

This but every team but mine

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

To be fair if there's any stadium that should burn down it's yours.

That would require RFK to be flammable. You know it's asbestos and hate that holds us together.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

I'm all about the weird poo poo but this tried a little too hard for way too long

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hello Towel posted:

So, like half of the posts in this thread.

Game recognize game brah

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hello Towel posted:

It looks like Sean Johnson wants out of Chicago. You'd think after alienating player after player (Soumare, Rolfe, Magee, Pineda, Hunter Jumper, probably others) Andrew Hauptman would realize that maybe he should do something different.

Come on in, Sean. I had trouble telling you and Hamid apart in standard definition anyway, because I'm probably racist?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on tonight. I'm happy about this.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Even elected officials are giant marks

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The LA Galaxy are an overpriced boondoggle and an embarrassment to the continent.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
All our teams are bad. MLS is BACK baby

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I had heard tale of a push to move to Providence, which would actually be incredible?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Turdsdown Tom posted:

The Revs will dissolve as a team before they leave Massachusetts

Both scenarios are acceptable.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on today.

DC is apparently big on these 5:30 games now, which actually suits me fine. Go hang with the friends, yell at the foot and live your life on a Saturday night. Dallas lost seven players to international duty, so they'll be Bad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC United just put on the worst display I've seen out of them in years. Worse than anything in 2013, to be quite honest. There's no Pajoy holding the ball up for no one, but he didn't need to. We have Sean Franklin making darts up the side only to make passes through tar to defenders. We have Nick DeLeon proving he's completely out of his depth away from the wing. We have 2016 Fabian Espindola looking like 2013 Dwayne DeRosario, and still not learning his lessons on how awful his penalty kicks are. We have Bobby Boswell, who's absolutely done at CB and needs to retire, except he's inexplicably our captain. Birnbaum being away for America left Kofi Opare in his place, who looked slow and rusty and completely out of his depth. Taylor Kemp's foot has become a misfire machine. The only player who gave a drat was Marcelo, and he got booted out in the most insane sequence I've ever seen. Missed penalty, make-up penalty, smothered kick, sudden red card.

The referee was atrocious on his own time, mind you, but even the cleanest called game wouldn't have saved this squad. When there's no chemistry, all that's left is coaching and tactics. And for four soul-sucking years, Ben Olsen has reminded us that his only ideas are backpassing, hold-up forwards and a complete lack of creative spirit. The spark has always come from the players, not the coaching; with age creeping up on this squad, there's no upside. Kitchen is gone, and he isn't coming back. Hamid will be back in mid-May, and all he'll be able to do is keep these 3-0 embarrassments from becoming 1-0 blood pressure spikers.

The stands were deflated. We all know what this looks like. This looks like a team with no ideas, no plan, a paralyzing fear of shots on goal, and all the luck that propelled us into the playoff places last year is gone. We don't have it. And since the front office has promised that they aren't spending more than a pot of coffee on anything that isn't 30 years old or American, there's no relief coming. The only hope is the US Open Cup, and even THAT got sparked three years ago by a similarly soul-killing game against our own farm club that went to penalty kicks.

Now, having said all that, we're gonna have some loving fun this year once we've gotten over how bad we are. We had more fun with a record-setting awful team than I've had the last two playoff years. So I'm gonna buckle up and dehumanize myself and face to Olsenball. I'm gonna look, as my best friend from high school said from afar, "like you're going to bite the heads off virtual kittens." I'm gonna get hype, stay hype, and horrify the masses, because I love my stupid rear end club and I'm gonna enjoy every second of this season, no matter how loving bad we are. Flipping off baseball mascots and calling them slave owning pieces of trash. Calling Marco Pappa a loving rapist. Chanting for Johnny Harkes. Watching Sean Franklin justify his inevitable homicide at our hands. Eat death burn bodies.

Goons I wanna kill

kill?

KILL?

code:
KILL.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

MechaFrogzilla posted:

When everyone is dogshit, no one is dogsh...wait, no, that's wrong, we're still all dogshit

A simple loud "EXCUSE ME" does the trick. None of that limp barely mouthed "excuse me" people like to give on Metro. Not sure why people do that, beyond hating interacting with anybody.

This is speaking as someone who fights through cherry blossom crowds at L'Enfant daily this time of year. The tourists get the gently caress out of the way.

Cosigned. Be rude.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Tally Hall to DC, because Worra isn't ready and Tally Hall is objectively better.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Turdsdown Tom posted:

significantly better than 98% of the avatars on this forum and i didn't even have to make it myself! SAS is truly a gift of god

wait wait wait i'm not supposed to post like that in here! let me rephrase: thanks for the latest off-topic shitpost in which you took an excessive amount of time out of your day to point out a poo poo-related avatar. bizarre obsession with feces duly noted

don't do this.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
HOORAY A TEAM WORSE THAN US

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So San Jose looks decent enough but Birnbaum makes all the difference in the back and Worra is doing a fine job stuffing some shots.

The worlds largest outdoor bar looks like a bunch of dudes bored watching a live game as if they're stuck in a lovely bar miles away. What's the point of going to a game if you're just gonna sit there like a bum

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

A representative from the Union called me today to ask about my "Union experience"

That was a fun conversation.

I like the four hour minimums and livable wages.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

Supposedly DC United majority owner Erick Thohir is named in the Panama Papers, so that's fun.

Between this and the smoke fiasco, they're not having a very good week.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

highme posted:

Facebook scarf drama is a glorious thing to behold.

The awful Terrace sites showing photos of people with "trophies" as some LARP capture the flag nonsense is a highlight.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC won the foot

The whole drat continent showed support this week

Guess we'll all have to get banned to continue the blood sacrifices

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

MoPZiG posted:

Let the players carry guns. This is america goddammit.

We got rid of the Forbidden Gun Circle after Miami folded

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC stadium update: Shovels in the ground.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
gently caress off, we're full

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC United are a bad team with a front office that would rather sell season ticket holding GA areas to AS Roma fan clubs so they don't get embarrassed by the continued protests erupting throughout North America

If anyone calls you asking to watch a boring, awful team in a decaying stadium, ask them why they don't treat the brain damaged regulars a little better

I'm brain damaged

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Welcome to GBS posted:

As someone who generally doesn't care about most East Coast teams, what happened, DC? Weren't you points clear in the supporters shield race last summer?

Age and transfers mostly. Arnaud got his last concussion and retired, while Kitchen refused to sign because he caught euro fever and now he's a star at Hearts per early reviews. Halsti never materialized and came to camp out of shape. DeLeon is being played out of position as an attacking mid, and he's lost as a result. Espindola has aged, Rolfe has aged, and Acosta is loving brilliant but Olsen won't start him.

At best we're a marginal playoff team. At worst, it won't be 2013, but we won't win poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hoover Dam posted:

I HATE THIS LEAGUE ADN EVERYONE IN IT

see you next week

I have felt this way for a long time

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Ben Olsen suspended one game and fined $500 for leaving the area to clear a stray ball during active play, MLS becomes even more draconian and insane with each passing day and NASL/USL/PDL looks better every day

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

plainswalker75 posted:

So, what did he actually do? Swear at a referee? That's a pretty stupid punishment, even for our dumb league.

Best guess is that since the fourth official told him OH GOD DON'T LEAVE THE AREA Olsen told him to pound sand.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

To be fair it is Olsen so maybe the league is doing you a favour.

Considering Chad Ashton is a glorified youth league coach on his best day, it's basically a wash in terms of results and an absolute hilarious indictment of league priorities in practice

Maybe he can stand in the boycott section on Saturday

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It's a great day for America, everybody!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
There's a lot of really bad teams - Jersey's early implosion being my favorite story - but can we talk about Colorado? Something is working up there. They were a solid team to start, and then they got Jermaine Jones. MacMath being replaced by Howard soon might make them the actual deadliest force in the West.

Pablo may have been right. Line up in pure defense and wait for openings. They're second in the league. That's nuts for a team that was pure dogshit last year.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC United is doing a Star Wars night vs NYRB and I hate them all with my heart

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Yeah man, players come and go, teams are for as long as your stadium is new

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Jerseys are awesome if you're in hot conditions and doing physical activities, which I often am

in MLS related stuff, getting a Perry Kitchen Hearts shirt is actually cheaper than a DC United shirt of any kind, because MLS still thinks this is a lifestyle brand for moneyed whites and not a working-class sport for industry and immigrants

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Things I learned today, Perry Kitchen is playing Scotland and The Beast now plays for Orlando, and is 34. That makes me feel old.

Also that Aurelien Collin is making $500k to be not very good at soccer, so he'll fit right in with the Red Bulls.

We are old now. And Kitchen is apparently well loved already at Hearts, so he'll never come home but he'll be a Scottish hero.

Collin is trash.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

MLS thread, where "Tacticool murse" goes by without mention but owning sports paraphernalia is controversial

Speak English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh, sorry, pretend I said "gently caress New Jersey for a thousand years" like usual, the misfiring will continue as scheduled once they stop playing complete defensive shitshows

Oh

Oh they're playing DC in two weeks

Fun aside: Star Wars night was supposed to be Labor Night and most of the old and/or African American labor leaders told them to pound sand, so imagine what will happen when blue collar leaders of the city show up to find a bunch of soccer moms dressed as Jawas and an empty section labeled ALDERAN ULTRAS

• Locked thread