Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can't actually believe that Woy would start Rooney over Kane or Vardy. It would be insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

welbeck is a wasteman and shouldnt be in the starting line up above vardy, kane, or hell, even walcott

Walcott has been absolute garbage for months now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

not sure if it should go here or the weekend web thread really

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/712598560068530176

What the gently caress

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

odd to see no arsenal players there given how theyve overachieved this season with a guaranteed top 3 finish. but that is down to injuries I suppose

Arsenal's English players are turds.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

WanderingKid posted:

Because he is really good. Its just that his legs are made of cheese.

He's alright. He wasn't even starting for arsenal before he died. He's got talent, but he's a bit of a weird player who doesn't fit any one position.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That's actually not that bad of a team considering the effeminate, unathletic populace they had to choose from. Sterling for Welbeck and big Danny Drinkwater for Henderson and they're good to go.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
England does not have a good team, and their best bet is to gather the players who can sit back and hit the opposition on the counter. Rooney is a bad player who can't help with this, and probably shouldn't be starting even if you want to play a more attractive game. This is because he is bad.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 28, 2016

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mean Bean Machine posted:

after tonight's result i can safely say: it's not coming home....

It was never coming home, MBM.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Posting a code tax XI with some liverpool clown instead of Drinkwater or Vardy should be a bannable offense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

I don't think that many people have done this and I don't think Hodgson is dumb enough to make that decision either.

There have been multiple such offenses in this very thread

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

frozen twix bar wastemen

That's Giroud.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

britishbornandbread posted:

Sorry yeah I forgot we were up against the footballing power houses of Wales, Russia and Slovakia.

These teams are all pretty decent tbh.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ragle posted:

it's the opposite
class is permanent, a half-fit Wilshere is a better player than Drinkwater and typical England dross

Source your quotes.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I feel like I already made this exact post itt, but Wilshere is a decent player. For some reason, his reputation has grown since he got injured, and people only seem to remember him bossing Barcelona at like 18 or whatever. He was never really able to play like that again, and wasn't even starting for Arsenal the last time he was healthy. He's also a weird player who doesn't fit into a lot of systems. He should probably start for England if he is ever able to string together a decent run of games, but he doesn't have any business being at the euros this year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

KFBR392 posted:

Kane looks bad, why not put Rooney and Vardy together as forwards and play Alli centrally?

Because Rooney is bad, especially when playing as a forward.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

England will beat Iceland, it's obvious

Iceland will win and it will own.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm really pleased by this result.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
England lost to Iceland.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Drunk Canuck posted:

Shouldn't this thread be closed?

This thread should be closed and England should be dissolved, both as a nation and a country that purports to play football

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

I honestly think England should give the job to Allardyce. No matter how he does it will be funny.

He's legitimately the best English manager for the job but he would never be accepted because the English demand that their dogshit team not only win, but do it in style.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
England lost to Iceland.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Allardyce is unironically the answer for England. It's just a matter of time until you all realize it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
England lost to Iceland.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy wouldn't last a month as England manager, but it would be hilarious.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paddyb posted:

Heres Jamie Carragher's damning verdict and be sure to read all the way to the end for a special surprise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ing-babies.html

God drat that's a turd of an article.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

I could well be being retarded but I don't see what's so wrong with that article? He has a point about the players being weak minded and collapsing under pressure. The only lol I took from it was the idea that Klinnsman would go anywhere near the job.

Tbf I checked out of the article after a couple paragraphs but he just vaguely insinuates that the players are fancy dans because they've been coddled, as if the players from France, Germany, and Spain are any different. It's dumb and pointless and offers 0 insight and he should have never written it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

corpuscollossus posted:

According to the Independent, Big Sam is the only English manager being considered by the FA.

e: this was not the joke

As it should be.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
England lost to Iceland.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

OP updated to reflect the experience of supporting England through this tournament.

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

So this is what came home?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

"Sir Alex Ferguson believes England should appoint Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce as their next manager, if the Football Association opts for an English candidate."

No sane person would think otherwise.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Skinty McEdger posted:

One of the selectors has been talking about it being very important to get a manager that makes the team play to the philosophy they have in mind, which is like Barcelona.

This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is a surprisingly good decision.

• Locked thread