Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I didn't catch any of the FP. Any specific reason the Hassholes were so slow or are they just shitter than Manor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
HaHa-as are the new Caterham aren't they?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
F1 is the pinnacle of terrible ideas. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised this latest "improvement" is a disaster.

Also, a true F1 fan will always be angry with the sport.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
That Gillian Palmer seems like a nice lass. It's good to have a new British F1 driver who isn't a complete chunt for once.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Why was Timmy Mallett in the paddock?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Sulman posted:

Hiding from Yewtree

I've just found out Mallett is now a "respected" artist. http://www.mallettspalette.co.uk/

Just like Rolf Harris. Maybe he's in Australia as part of a nonce-exchange scheme. We get to jail Harris and Mallett gets to touch some Abbo kids.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

poty posted:

By the way, the game Motorsport Manager for iPhone and iPad is free right now, after costing money for years, sometimes a whole 2 bucks!!! I haven't played yet but people here said it was good. So it's likely to be awful.

I really enjoyed it for a few hours. But it gets old quickly. If it's free, its certainly worth a punt

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Max is great fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be hit with a belt. It would be a dull sport if everyone was a nice as Big John.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
F1 is dead in the UK

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sky-secures-exclusive-f1-broadcast-agreement-681864/

"Live Formula 1 races will be taken off free-to-air television in the United Kingdom from 2019, after Sky agreed a new exclusive broadcast agreement with the sport's chiefs."

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

£1 billion for F1 over 6 years is a loving rip-off.

That's about £8,000,000 a race before the cost of actually hosting it airing it, producing it etc.

........but it sort of adds up. 1 million viewers at approx £15 per race would seemingly give a clear profit before ad revenue is added in.

It's a shocking rip off, but you can see how Sky are raking it in, even with relatively lovely viewing figures compared to the BBC.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

serious gaylord posted:

Theres no way sky are getting 1 million viewers a race. I'd be surprised if they clear 100,000.

I'm pretty sure they were peaking at around 1 - 1.5 million last season compared to BBC's average of 2-3 million. I'd google it, but I can't be bothered.

But as wicka said, if sky gets another 250,000 subscribers because of the loss of free-to-air, that's another £78million or so a year, so what do they care if only 40% of them watch all the races.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

be nice wicka posted:

which sponsors?

This Is A Cool Spot and ForzaJules are my favourite on-car sponsors.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Triple A posted:

pretty much everyone who have an interest in using the cars/tracks/adverts as an advertising platform for their company

I'm sure the very second that Ferrari has any sort of financial difficulty due to dwindling viewers, then we'll see action. Until that time though, Bernie's response to teams facing sponsorship difficulties will be "Tough, not my problem."

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I played Project Cars with an Oculus Rift today. That was fun.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Possibly Chicken posted:

Today I realized I forgot the Indian gp was a "race"

It displaced villages, ruined farmland only to be poo poo-canned after 3 races.

THANKS BERNIE!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Alain Post posted:

Remember when they drove a jeep on the track during the Korean Grand Prix? Truly one of the greatest moments in F1 history. RIP just RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc034MLT02c

Beep beep!

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

learnincurve posted:

lol it's funny because you have never been to a UK race event. Firstly that shirt will never be sold in any size smaller than XL and will have egg dripped down the front. Secondly it will be worn by sweaty 40 year old virgins who will sit themselves next to any woman who seems to be on her own, and will be torn between creeping on her or wanting to make themselves feel superior by explaining every little thing that is going on. There are two types of UK race fans.

This is the most accurate post that has ever been posted on the internet.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Whitey Ford posted:

Define good racing.

Me on Forza 6 with medium difficulty.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
RIP again. Say hello to Princess Diana for me.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

learnincurve posted:

How the doctors at the Australian medical centre missed it is beyond me "full body scans" my arse.

Maybe because dead people don't breathe.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

ukle posted:

Never ever use the Channel 4 website. Its far less stressful to find a dodgy stream than to actually use the turd that is Channel 4's website. Its slightly bizarre how 2 out of the 5 main UK broadcasters have such poo poo websites, especially given the other 3 have such good ones (although channel 5's web content probably only has 1 user a minute, so would probably fall over if they had something worth watching on it.).

Also Channel 4's online service when it feels like working is probably the only one where you get more ad's watching it than you do watching it on TV, and it will probably die mid program for no reason what so ever - or miss out a section of the program.

Channel 4's online service is essentially just a streaming ad service.

And a pile of poo poo.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Bernie's got some good ideas to shake up qualifying:

"A couple of ideas – either a ballot, which they [the teams] don't like, which is not very sophisticated.

"Or I suggest leave qualifying exactly as it is and don't touch it and then add a time on. So if somebody is on pole, you can take the results of the previous race or the championship, and add two or three seconds or whatever the amount is, to the time of the qualifying.

"You will find maybe the guy who is on pole would be 10th on the grid or eighth, and that will go all the way down."

Obviously when I say "good ideas" I mean that he's opened his mouth and a tsunami of effluent has erupted out all over the nearest journalists. Still, it's better than the current format.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

learnincurve posted:

lol Nando wandering over to Herbert after watching his rant.

That was wonderful

https://streamable.com/z2kp

Take that you awful ginger dwarf.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

krushgroove posted:

That is great. What did Alonso say, Johnny was 'saconomente' or something like that?

"I am a world champion. You ended up a commentator because you are not a world champion"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I came into this season expecting to laugh at those silly American Haasholes. But they've really done alright. Good old Big John. As an Englishman, I should not be supporting a Frenchman driving an American car, but I am.

I am going to eat a peanut butter Oreo to celebrate

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Human Grand Prix posted:

Haas has done well.

Haas haas done well, haasn't it?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I've not read the thread for a few days. Can someone give me a brief summary of what this week's argument is about so I can join in?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Jon Noble is reporting that Bernie and the FIA have caved, back to 2015 qualifying from China onward. Didn't we hear this before, though?

edit: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-set-to-revert-to-2015-qualifying-format-685408/

I'd argue that any room filled with the autists of F1 and Bernie could produce: "an intense day of political intrigue"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
You know when I asked earlier if anything had been going on? The answer was clearly "no, everything is just the same as always."

I like you both.

Also, I think someone here got married recently as I have them as a friend on facebook. However, I only know their real name and cannot remember who it was in here. So congratulations, random American facebook friend and fellow SA poster with a username I have forgtotten.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

krushgroove posted:

It wasn't me (although it probably would have been if the company I work for hadn't gone into administration) but I recently saw pictures of you from a few years back and drat have you lost some weight since then.

Thanks. I have lost nearly two stone since Aug 2015. I am hot now.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

keevo posted:

Lol so Bernie and Jean only agreed to go back to 2015 rules so it's not official yet and that means we have more time for Bernie and Jean fuckery.

It's just a tactic to allow Bernie time to have some more cheese-dreams and come up with a better idea.

"Better"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

I actually googled this one

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Autism and F1 go hand in hand as this redditor's text messages prove

http://imgur.com/gallery/PxgBMsd

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Not blessed.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Blessed

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Max's skills and Rickydongo's bitterness has made a lot of you lot look like right cunts.

I'm always right. Always

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Jackie Stewart is not blessed

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I'm so erect watching that Rickydongo's sad face. He's a failure. Verstappen binned it and still comes out looking the better driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

gret posted:

Damon Hill is a national treasure.

That's what people used to say about Jimmy Savile

• Locked thread