Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Starsnostars posted:

Civil War II is going to end with the reveal that the whole event was one of Ulysses' predictions and he'll do something so that it never actually happens.

So basically like Next with Nicholas Cage where half the movie is him seeing the future failure and then it cuts back and he's like "Yeah, K. Let's do this instead."

What I'm saying is cast Nicholas Cage or put him in the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The armor hasn't been the same since Extremis -> Bleeding Edge. 90s modular was pretty good.

Of his regular armors.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
And here I was hoping to get Galacta, daughter of Galactus, on a team

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hopefully they let Hickman fix D.C. Or whatever goes on there. I haven't read comics since little after end of Secret War.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Doom for prez in 2099.

He will skin your ex girlfriend and send her soul to hell because Mark Waid is old and doesn't understand Doom could be more than a cartoon villain with a hate boner for Richards.

Thank God for Jonathan Hickman. Please give him control over DC and Marvel at the same time and let him lead.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Mark Waid wrote those issues when he was 39.

Ooooooooold geeeeeeezzzeerrrrr. Purist or traditionalist or something. At least not like Byrne.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Damnit let me just live in my ignorance! I really didn't like what he did with Doom there at that time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Doom and Storm seem like it'd be fun. Both are regal and it'd be so Doom to want to tame a Goddess. Let Namor stick to married women.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Haha this is good.

I haven't read comics since end of Secret Wars. I wonder if I should.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

X-O posted:

Again, John Cassaday has not really been good for a long while.

...that's Cassaday?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Hickman events. Please to be giving me more and let him team up with Christopher Nolan for ultimate gestalt head up assery while directed by Tarsem Singh for the whole Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity and a Secret Wars 7 movie series. TIA.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Seriously. There's even retarded hate for heroes replacing Tony, Spider-Man, Cap, Thor. I have no idea why.

Guess why. Oh it's okay to introduce new characters, just don't touch the originals. Keep the same packaging preserved forever like in the childhood.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Johnny and Danny need to go to hell and unsurp and rule it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Guys, guys, guys... For the 'What If' AvX issue, tell me you wouldn't want to read...

"What If Peter Parker Received The Phoenix Force Instead of the X-Men???"

I thought Spider Phoenix already happened in the 80s or 90s

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

It was a silly one issue thing.

Just read up on it might have been an illusion by Arcade.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Eh. I'd rather they explore new ground than the same old poo poo for decades but a lot feels haphazard.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

Rogue doesn't seem like the type to join the murder team.

She kills with a touch and absorbs the other person's whatever. And she's pretty hot and tempting. She is a murder machine.

She's also Mega Man in a way. She needs to do the Mega Man pose when absorbing powers. It'd be awesome in a video game.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm down with more Mary Jane, daddy-o

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Eh. Give it like 3 years.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm not exactly against this in theory but the execution is not going to make this work

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man. I just hope that this is Spencer's big finale to Captain America stuff and come October we can get a neater run. Who the heck even thought to greenlight all that poo poo.

...how many comics will get a new #1 thanks to the inevitable conclusion to that lovely setup?

Along with Marvel Oops Phase I guess we're going to need a Cosmic Cube to fix all this poo poo again...right? Or can we get some other super powered man/doohicky?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have this image in my head of Asgard and Atillian and the X Mansion and the Helicarrier just sort hovering over Manhattan slowly trying not to bump into each other

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Adams posted:

I dunno, I've been annoyed with his design from the start. They established way back in the day that Apocalypse didn't actually that grin on his face, and what we thought was his body was actually a robot suit being worn by a withered old guy inside it.

This is hosed if true beyond belief. I don't know how to process this. Do not like.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Apocalypse whole survival of the fittest shtick doesn't fit with old man in a suit imo. If he was a normal human who grew into and was modified by High Evolutionarys tech into blue fish lips I can take. It's more appropriate for him to radiate tremendous presence and physical power.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

rantmo posted:

He was never a normal human, he was the first mutant who got his hands on Celestial tech and then used it to overthrow Kang-a Tut.

Yeah let me rephrase that, a mutant but I mean a normal human looking dude.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It sucks there's pushback but for some reason there's a large portion of the comic community for superhero comics that just wants the same poo poo from childhood spoon fed to them. Years ago it was always the phrase "We're taking Spider-man back to his roots." and it's like "Goddamnit, get away from the roots. Trees are supposed to grow."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Big 2 comics and most their fans mostly suck. I'm going to read some Euro comics then come back when Hickman or Morrison do something. Or Adam Hughes, gifted with the hands of God for his rendition of women.

I wish the market could grow so we can see what shakes out

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Since Joe Q in my opinion Marvel has been good to great. The tie into events poo poo needs a break but the peak greatness imo was Hickman. Since then there's been some great forward thinking and heart in right place stuff but I think maybe it was too quick too much for a lot of traditionalist big 2 fans. It happened to DC after the New 52 cluster. Maybe it's just the execution to introduce the new.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Peter got a creepy routine for hitting on women but that doesn't explain Parker Luck.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I support Frank Cho and Adam Hughes. They have been gifted by the hand of God and are doing divine work.

Thank you. Namaste.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I met Cho and dude was really chill and cool. Offered to do a commission for me since Hughes was heavily booked but I couldn't stick around long enough so it didn't happen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Do the Protoss at least kick rear end? Please also tell me the Rayner - Kerrigan love story ends happy.

Does Fenix come back too?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
OMG. I have to buy the game now. So happy!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

Three games. You have to buy three games.

I had the first so I guess the second and third now

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Open Marriage Night posted:

They also need to figure out the movie rights for Namor. Namor/Panther/Doom in one movie would be amazing.

On Word Balloon, Aaron said he'd like a full shelf of Thor omnibi before he quits. He's probably having as much fun writing it as he we do reading it.

If only we could get Hickmans Avengers arcs and Illuminati

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Avengerrrrrrrrrrrsssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIpOluaTQj8

It was better done in the 80s

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

To this day I'm sad I couldn't enjoy the chocolate one because it was associated with a NazHEILHYDRA.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I haven't read a comic since Hickman's run ended.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They're gonna throw it away. It sucks but that's the way it is. Hickman Doom best Doom. Waid baddie Doom worst type of Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

How do you know Gaga doesn't have light powers.

Cause she doesn't know Sue Dibney...

• Locked thread