Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Dang, I really liked Angela. And I love the concept and characters from Howling Commandos, but the writing was loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Rhyno posted:

Or they could just find the right creative team and relaunch Runaways.

Just bring back the team from the Secret Wars series. Noelle Stevenson writes teens perfectly, and the art matched the tone really well.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Goodness I love how Schiti draws Ben Grimm.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Lobok posted:

Man, I'm reading the Infinity event from 2013 and I don't think Deodato's art has ever looked better than when coloured by Frank Martin. And by coincidence I happened to be reading through the Osborn Thunderbolt era so a good comparison is fresh in my mind.

Edit: And what the hell was going on with Iron Man's armour at the time. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Agreed. Although it bothered me how he draws Hank as a giant Sasquatch man that was like twice as big as the rest of the Illuminati.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Lobok posted:

But yeah, Infinity. The series started off with Jim Cheung, who I usually like, but after a steady diet of Deodato, Leinil Francis Yu, and Jerome Opeña (whose work I had never seen before), it was kind of disappointing when Cheung came back to finish the series. His work seemed a lot simpler and cartoony by that point.

This was me getting whiplash when it jumped from Yu's awesome design on K'Lrt (and the rest of the Space Council) taking down Black Dwarf to Cheung's goofy cartoon Skrull face when showing the same scene an issue later. I love Jim Cheung's work for the most part (I think he draws my favorite version of The Thing), but man oh man was that a weird transition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Glad I finally understand the thread title thanks to Marvel Unlimited finally catching up. I assume it was a one-off, but I’d read an entire Shang-Chi mini with that fun silly tone.

• Locked thread