Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo should honestly pull out of the hardware market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah that's what the games industry needs, less competition

There's no competition right now and things are just fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Did you escape your neogaf containment board or something?

Both the Wii U and Xbox One are commercial failures, in what way is there competition for Sony?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

If that controller is the real NX controller, Nintendo is hosed. Could you imagine the constant fingerprints all over that thing?

The poo poo Microsoft tried to pull prior to the Xbone release is what happens when a company thinks they don't have competition. The benefits we have from the PS4 launch is a result of competition. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Edit: Why the gently caress is this website correcting x b o n e into Xbox One?

I'm talking about the here and now, not three years ago around this time when both consoles were announced, which is no longer relevant. I know exactly what I am talking about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Facebook has informed me that Nintendo is going to make video games on the NX using their existing popular characters such as Mario and Zelda. Breaking news that no one could possibly have predicted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BexGu posted:

Straight up hell freezing over once this game is released. A fan project made by one dude over the course of 6 years that did not fail, have a team broke up, or shut down by Nintendo.

Once he releases it into the wild he better hope it doesn't actually gain much if any attention, or enough people play it to be cool enough to pay his legal fees. I mean I hope he doesn't get sued but Nintendo is notoriously hostile towards fan projects of their IPs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still don't get why I should care about the NX when the Wii U was a commercial failure. It seems like Nintendo should be going in a completely different direction now and get out of home consoles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

You don't consider combining home & mobile consoles to be a new direction?

If that is what Nintendo is really doing, they probably are not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

smell this posted:

They should make mobile games.

Wait a just a minute!

Okay, so they are going to do both at once and be good at neither as a result.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I too remember when social phenomenon Pokémon GO was a massive flop

Except that Nintendo has nothing to do with Pokemon Go?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"Nothing" is inaccurate.

lol their logo isn't even shown anywhere on Pokemon Go. Other then owning 30% of Game Freak, Nintendo has close to zero involvement with Pokemon. Nintendo is making almost nothing off of Go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

Especially if said system unifies their handheld and console divisions.

It seems to be doing well for their shares and profits.

They were doing well but it didn't last long: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-25/nintendo-set-to-plunge-after-saying-pokemon-go-s-impact-limited

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo will probably just cancel the Wii U version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought Nintendo said they would never make a new AAA Metroid game? What has changed?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GT TV is no longer around, they are now under Easy Allies on Youtube.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol don't pre-order the Switch you loving dummies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zenintrude posted:

Have you heard about the NES Classic?

To be fair, the Switch is using an Nvidia chip that has been available for a few years now, it's mass produced and readily available. There should be very little issue with getting this system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lube banjo posted:

so should i trade in my 3ds for this thing or what?

Massive negative, Switch is not backwards compatible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are just using the processor from the Nvidia Shield, no one bought those so this really shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sega, now is your chance to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to the U.S., make it a Switch exclusive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

greatn posted:

They are claiming Xenoblade 2 is coming in all territories this year.

Okay, I didn't realize an Xenoblade 2 was in development. That makes me really want a Switch once the game actually comes out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

The idea of X being a prequel to 1 is kind of mindblowing, but I'd love to see how they would pull that off. Then again, I haven't been keeping up to date on Xenoblade stuff.

There's been nothing to really keep up on. I don't think Xenoblade and X were related to each other. Xenoblade 2 looks better because it's doing away with the giant robots... I can't believe I just said that, but piloting those giant robots was really hard and their fuel mechanic was annoying. I hope Xenoblade 2 has better world design and is better balanced.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Am I weird to say that I think that Nintendo has a better console UI than Sony or Microsoft?

Or in more accurate terms, a less worse one?

It looks like your typical phone or tablet UI. The Wii U interface really sucked because it was so slow, I just need Nintendo to fix that problem on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

So has Nintendo talked about what VC is compatible with Switch yet? Really want to replay Xenoblade but if I can replay it on Switch with Wii VC I'd take that over playing it on New 3DS.

There's no backwards compatibility of any kind for Wii U or Wii. Nintendo won't be able to do this because the Switch is totally different hardware, where the Wii and Wii U are the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flumbooze posted:

How sure are we of an Animal Crossing game being made for the Switch? (As in, surely they wouldn't NOT release an AC game?)

No Animal Crossing on Wii U, sooooo.... :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826970477562171392

That's, uh, pretty high ambitions from Nintendo.

Realistically the Switch will probably do slightly better then the Wii U.

• Locked thread