Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't care what the controller looks like. I thought the 3DS and Wii U gamepad would be dumb before I owned them. Nintendo rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

The black rectangle in the back too big and wide to be a tv

Thats the NX

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

romanowski posted:

no see nintendo fucks up their marketing EVERY time because nintendo smh. if only i was in charge

If only we could combine the Xbox One hate thread and the Wii U hate thread, we could get the best selling and designed console ever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wheany posted:

Pfft, it's easy to make a good console. Just put good stuff in and don't put bad stuff in.

Like the wrong ram.

Or motion controls.

Hey console making morons: HIRE THIS GOON

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Don't stream games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

phone gamers should be quarantined and sterilized

And yet the mods here do nothing!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Other perfect Nintendo games: Mario 3, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario Galaxy 2, Mario 3D World, Link To The Past, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. Melee (even if you prefer other games, and I prefer 4, Melee defined the series for a reason), Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad.

Nintendo games tend to have a huge amount of polish and not a lot of flaws, although unsurprisingly the Mario series has the largest number of perfect games. It's the simplest and most focused on doing one thing. Nintendo games tend to just do one thing and do it well, unlike a lot of AAA titles that try to do a ton of things and don't pull them all off. I think this is also why the Zelda series has the most missteps of a mainline Nintendo franchise: they're the most complex and have the most different parts and pieces.

I just played through N64 Paper Mario and it really stuck me how fresh and modern it felt. The graphical style still looks great, which isn't something you can say about many N64 games. Beyond graphics, everything in the game felt well explained, no odd translations, no status effects you would need to look up in the manual, nothing like that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The life of the Famicom going from a Donkey Kong port with 3 out of 4 screens, to Super Mario Bros, to Mario 3, is so nuts to me lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Haha rumors say 32 gig internal storage only, if that's the case Nintendo please don't even bother launching this thing after the WiiU storage debacle people had to go through.

Unless the dock has extra memory then maybe it's forgivable.

the WiiU storage debacle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

The latest rumor is that Mario Sports Mix is in fact a cross platform release and an NX launch game as well. Which, yes please.

The latest rumor is that Mario is my dad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

The reports from credible (and even semi-credible) news outlets are all extremely consistent, so odds are we know a lot more than that.

itll be pretty funny if it just ends up being a normal console

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm worried that with all the rumors flying around Nintendo's going to have a challenge explaining this thing to idiot customers who will undoubtedly mix rumors and truth.

So what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a lot harder to sell a product to a customer who doesn't know what it is, or whose misunderstanding of the product drives them away.

People didn't want to buy a $300 Wii controller, and they thought the Wii U was that, so they didn't buy it. That wasn't the only factor, of course, but it was in the mix.

Oh no!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope the NX comes in two colors, yellow with a Pikachu face, and pink with a Kirby face.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope the NX home screen can show my mii like the Wii U's but it also has support for scanning amiibo, and I can scan my Isabelle amiibo so my mii can hug Isabelle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope the NX bans all games by Ubisoft and also bans Waluigi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"Nintendo's marketing is gonna mess it all up!!!!"

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/467099616165777408

grow up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope Nintendo collaborates with Ubisoft to make an open world Waluigi simulator, called "Oh Yeah! Walugi!"

I hope it's a phone game and it sets your phone on fire.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A ESHOP ROM INTO THE WII U. ITS MARIO KART 8 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WALUIGI. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I"M TOO TALL FOR EVERY CAR OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP BECAUSE EVERYBODY CHEATED. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'RE BEST FRIENDS WITH THE REAL PROTAGONIST OF THE MARIO FRANCHISE, WARIO. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO ELF HELP BOOK AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE ELF HELP BOOK CAN STILL BE AN IMMATURE JERK. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I CRY

Mario Kart 8 is so good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

If I can ask anything of the NX, it's that it comes with a variety of stickers to put on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

You realize of course stickers are platform agnostic and work almost universally on a variety of surfaces.

You're right, they can't include stickers, it would ruin Nintendo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo of America's offices destroyed after Reggie learns someone put their Cat Peach stickers on their PS4.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

I read his the opposite of how it was, and thinking he wanted official Nintendo stickers because he couldn't use other stickers.

Cooking Mama or the Hudson bee would also be good stickers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If every company made games as good as Blizzard, the world would be a better place.

:barf:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Rumor: The NX now has a built in ice cream maker.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SilverSupernova posted:

NSMB is such a weird franchise where the most recent one (U) is easily one of the best 2D Mario games ever made (not SMB3 or SMW good, but still really good), and yet the series is so stagnated that it's hard to give a drat about it.

New Mario U is so so good!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Will the NX have a headphone jack?

Topical! Funny!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

Split D pads are still actually one piece underneath

One Piece is very popular, Nintendo is smart.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Red Bones posted:

It's a huge amount of cumulative incremental changes but the basic systems still feel rooted in what was possible to achieve on the technology of the original gameboy, which is something I find kind of frustrating. Like, if you gave someone the core gameplay ideas of Pokemon today, (catching monsters; competing in a national monster-fighting competition system; and also using your monsters to beat some "bad guys") you definitely wouldn't end up with X&Y. There's scope to take the game to much more interesting places mechanically, but there's no chance that it'll actually go there.

JRPGs are cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Have my Top 10 Best Wii U Games list:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. The Wonderful 101
3. Smash for Wii U
4. Star Fox Zero
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Yoshi's Woolly World
7. Mario Kart 8
8. Super Mario Maker
9. Splatoon
10. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Honorable mentions to Nintendo Land, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (which I still need to beat), and Pikmin 3

The Wii U is amazing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I liked New Mario U even more than Mario 3D World.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Little Mac posted:

10. Shovel Knight (the best version is absolutely the Wii U version)

That's a good point, Shovel Knight co-op is a blast.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

LoL @ whoever put Star Fox Zero at #4

LMAO! Someone enjoys a good game!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Did anyone actually get the Wii U updates of the Wii Sports games?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

That would require people to buy the WiiU update of the Wii

This thread is full of people who bought Wii Us discussing which Wii U games they got and enjoy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

All of the Tegra family of processors are actually really good at FP16 operations which the other customers don't even natively support, so you would actually be able to run certain engines(mainly unreal 4) super well on this thing and get comparable results to the more powerful over that are having to brute force it.

Wow, that's really interesting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's cool how strict Yoshi's Wooly World is about colors of yarn. Like the yarn ball you get for eating an enemy matches the enemies main color, the yarn collectibles for the yoshi unlocks match the colors of the yoshi itself, and the color balls on unlocked level are all logical as well. There's so much attention to detail in that game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

It would be a difficult task to port Breath of the Wild to a system only designed to display four numbers but of course Nintendo is amazing and did it.

It really is a portable system!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I 100% thought I was done with Mario Kart forever, had just played enough, and wasn't sure why I had bought even the DS version because I was tired of it by then. But then they had that Buy 1 Get 1 deal for MK8's launch, and Best Buy also had a nice preorder deal on top of that, so I figured I'd try it anyway. And I love so so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tomorrow! It's Happening! A Grand moment in Gaming! Pac-Man CE 2 comes out!

• Locked thread