Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Trast posted:

It's a train wreck trying to catch up to Marvel in one movie instead of a dozen or so movies with a planned out plot.

Yeah, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was practically a slow burn but seems to have been built with some redundancy in case some of them failed, like The Incredible Hulk. They probably should have either built on what Nolan had (which would be hard given his Batman films have a definite ending) or followed the same plan as Disney laid out, by putting out at least one film a year in their cinematic universe. Putting all their eggs into one basket is a loving gamble.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There was a deleted scene of pretty much this from the Will Smith superhero movie Hancock where he's having sex with a chick and pulls out just in time and smashes some holes through the ceiling with his super jizz but youtube has removed the video.

Family Guy made a joke about Superman's super-semen already as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm a little disappointed that, after the chair lands, the guy didn't immediately leap up from behind it and sit down exactly as shown.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Also Deadpool had swears and boobies and in one scene you could see the outline of Ryan Reynold's badly burnt, cancer riddled penis

Doesn't it also have a scene where Deadpool gets pegged?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I love how they've got a hero called Vigilante and his costume is a hat plus his scarf pulled up over his mouth. Reeeal loving stellar effort there, dude.

DC rebooted Vigilante somewhat in the '80s, wearing a ski mask and goggles. The guy runs around in as DC Comics version of the Punisher, with the same stopping grounds, same methods, etc. The confusing part is the cowboy Vigilante shows up often as well, because he was part of the Justice League, so all those guys have to get face time once in awhile.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Box Office Mojo is speculating, based off Thursday's numbers of $27.7 million and the numbers of Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron and The Dark Knight Rises, that BvS will make about $166 million in it's opening weekend. This is better than DKR at $160 million but worse than Age Of Ultron at $190 million.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

88h88 posted:

Why do we get all these bullshit superhero films and not ones for the awesome characters like The Tick? He's nigh invulnerable.

Well, if it's any consolation, there's a new Tick series coming as part of Amazon's streaming service. They unfortunately replaced Patrick Warburton, but we're getting Peter Serafinowicz as the Tick, now.

exquisite tea posted:

Snyder is beloved by a lot of contrarian film nerds because they get to say "he obviously doesn't mean that you simpletons, look at this convoluted subtext for which I will now write 10,000 words that nobody will read" except that with every movie it becomes increasingly apparent that no, he really does believe in all that poo poo at face value and badly needs an editor or anybody to tell him "please just stop"

I too remember SMG's review of Sucker Punch based off a single viewing of the trailer.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Zack Snyder should have stuck to music videos. His creativity exists only in small 3-4 minute bits. Like, if you take the opening to Watchmen, the opening to BvS, and a few clips from 300 he would probably seem like a stylistic genius.

The problem is those brief glimmers are buried under 2 hours of just total poo poo

I would include the credits montage to Dawn Of The Dead as well.

I realized long ago that Snyder desperately wants to be David Fincher. The use of variable speed cameras was the thing that really sold me on that, since variable speed frame rate was first used in Fight Club.

I'm reading somewhere that the total budget, production plus marketing, is somewhere like $400 million dollars. Despite the inflated Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes scores (which are looking to be astroturfed anyway), I think the negative reaction is going give it a big opening weekend but word of mouth is going to spread and people will just sour on it. I don't see how it's going to have legs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

warner brothers should have taken it slower and realized there was no loving way it was ever going to catch up to marvel despite its set-backs. another part of the problem is using zac loving snyder as your joss whedon. why the gently caress did they think he was a good idea? because he directed a couple of comic movies in the past? a huge part of marvel's strength is taking non-comic book directors and putting them in charge. so now you have what amounts to a fever dream as your foundation to the shared universe. and yeah, the thing is going to make boatloads of money, but with the amount this film has been hyped, i wouldn't expect anything less. it could have been worse than jack and jill and still people would have went to see it, its the 'real' shared dc universe batman. the problem comes with diminishing expectations. pretty much every marvel movie has been quality, perhaps with the exception of iron man 2 and even that wasn't super-awful. the problem is with people buying that hype over and over if your movies constantly turn out to be poo poo.

I wonder why he even got the job when Watchmen both bombed at the box office and wasn't as faithful as an adaptation as Snyder thinks it is. We've repeatedly in this thread that the best moments of the characters cut out (including one that makes a whole lot more sense than what ended up on screen); the whole background is less an alternate universe where people like Dr. Manhattan and Adrian Veidt have altered but a love song to the 1970s-1980s, with painstakingly-recreated New York grunge and such; and while the squid ending is polarizing to comic fans, it's foreshadowed and aftershadowed in the book and it's better thematically than "U.S. superweapon nukes the capitols of the world on the cusp of WW3". I would even I'd rank the Hamm script a bit higher than the film's ending, just because it kinda got the point of the characters being hosed up and loving up the universe around them, something that Snyder kinda ignored. Outside of 300 and maybe Dawn Of The Dead (which, as you've pointed out, was written by Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn), he really hasn't a success, but they gave him Man Of Steel, which went to show everyone that he really didn't understand these characters.

literally a hog posted:

Theres also all kinds of crazy maneuvers at Marvel comics going on where they seem to be sabotaging the characters comics that Fox owns the films rights to. They cancelled the Fantastic Four comic,their longest running series ever, in advance of the summer 2015 Fox movie. Xmen writers being told not to create new mutant characters because Fox could use them in their movies. poo poo's cray.

Yeah, the X-Men are being quietly sidelined. For instance, there was another Secret Wars crossover where the X-men teams, I think save Wolverine, and the Fantastic Four were left out of. They even brought Miles Morales Spiderman from the collapsed Ultimates Universe and brought him in to the mainstream Marvel Universe, supposedly as a spite to Sony (even though I don't know what's going on with Marvel Uni. Spiderman, is he now Doc Ock or something?)

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 27, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Cuz ppl go see his movies and they make money

Except, prior to Man Of Steel, he was 50% box office failures. Watchmen bombed despite have a good opening weekend, Sucker Punch really bombed.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

he was a cameo but james gunn wrote tromeo and juliet and other troma features

Man, you really keep hammering those Troma credits. Gunn did other works that are also considered objectionable, like the Scooby Doo movies and a sketch in Movie 43.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

WB just posted one of the deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

It features Lex communing with Steppenwolf, Darkseid's military advisor and one of the New Gods. This likely explains why Lex is batshit crazy at the end of the film when he gets locked in prison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppenwolf_%28comics%29

What the Christ? The film was so badly edited Warner Bros. couldn't wait until the pre-planned "Director's Cut" to drop a scene like this, they had to post it on YouTube on the first week of release.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

awesome scenes in returns where i felt like i was watching a superman movie:

shot in the eye

saving the shuttle

flying up into space and listening to the world

pulling the boat out of the ocean

getting all juiced up on mother sun and throwing the kryptonite island out into space

All this, plus the reveal that Lois' kid is in definitely Clark's son.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Kanye setting trends with his album patches, can't wait til we get Batman V Superman 1.1 in the theater.

It's nice to know that "beta in a box" releases are now leaking out of the software and video game industry and into entertainment as a whole.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

Does cyborg even have junk to beat?

He's got his rear end on a pneumatic piston so he can moon people and then rub it in their faces, so, IDK, probably.

Edit: aw crap, that shot never happened in the cartoon :(

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 1, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Riotgrrill posted:

Good times, great memories.

I thought it broke $200 million domestically last weekend, but I guess that didn't happen.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I can't figure out a good Superman story. This must mean I'm smart and it's impossible. No other way to read this situation.

Even Garth Ennis wrote a good Superman story and that dude writes about a superhero loving an asteroid and rape zombie apocalypse as normal fare.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Probably The Boys and Crossed.

Yes. I was thinking about Tek Knight's finale for The Boys, since that got posted all the time on BSS. And, yes, Crossed was billed as Ennis' answer to the zombie apocalypse genre, even though the Crossed virus doesn't actually kill the infected, it just warps them into insane rape machines.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

*revisits all the thinkpieces about Michael Bay and the end of the era of film criticism*

*sends a case of champagne to RedLetterMedia and RottenTomatoes*

I want to bet that it was social media and "word of mouth" that contributed more than film critics. If people listened to professional film critics, BvS would have had this bomb on the first weekend. It had to take some time to get the word out, although the podcasters and YouTubers probably had a hand in that.

The thing is that there's nothing out there for it to compete with it until probably April 15. Like seriously, everything major has been out for about a month or more. I think Hardcore Henry might divert some dollars from BvS, since it's got a unique gimmick and it's looks like it's a hard R, but I doubt it'll unseat it from number one. BvS bleeding money in a period where it has no direct competition is going to be painful to WB execs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Watching RLM discussion, and suddenly it all makes sense. Zack Snyder is legit a super-libertarian whose ambition is to direct Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.

All the speeches about "gently caress the humans, son, you don't owe them poo poo", him destroying a city and people loving him for it, him standing by as people are blown up, him doing nothing to save his friend Jimmy Olsen, him basically holding Earth hostage by crashing a billion dollar drone and telling the USA "gently caress you, I have the power, I'll do what I want, don't you dare try to regulate me"...

It's crystal loving clear now. Zack Snyder stole WB's money and decided to make Ayn Rand's horrible nightmare, Objectivist-man.

I know Devin Faraci gets a lot of poo poo here, but he posted an article on how the original comic and the 1978 Christopher Reeve Superman was born to reflect the anxieties of their time and assuage them with a superhero that could overcome them and how Snyder kinda killed Superman for this generation with his renditions of a Supes that is overwhelmed by the zeitgeist. Anyway, he included this quote that Synder said during the press tour:

quote:

When we find him, he’s been dealing with the everyday world of being a superhero, but there’s a paradigm shift happening in that the unintended consequences of some of those rescues are starting to come into fruition.

Like, if you’re just taking a cat out of a tree, you can’t touch anything or the arborists will say, ‘he damaged the tree branch when he got the cat down.’ Or, ‘the cat wasn’t neutered, so now there’s thousands of cats.’ There’s no winning anymore for Superman.

To Snyder, Supes can't be a hero anymore because heroics have been regulated to death. I wouldn't be surprised if the next paragraph had him talking about "moochers" and "looters".

Also, the top comment in that article is kinda insightful...

quote:

In a post 9-11/War on Terror world, Warner Bros. has convinced people that Superman cannot exist.

In a post 9-11/War on Terror world, Marvel has convinced people that Captain America not only can exist, but *should*.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, Watchmen was the moment I realized he had no idea how people actually behave.

The biggest example is the line "well what do you expect, the comedian is dead"

Its supposed to be this line that suggested just total emotional and moral exhaustion. This summary of the burdens the characters are feeling.

In the movie its delivered as a half-hearted one-liner with all of its emotional weight removed from the performance.

Also giving Sally loving Dr. Manhattan's "it never ends" rejoinder to Veidt's "the end justifies the means" comment.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

A [dumb] thought that passed through my head last night as I was catching up with this thread and saw Joel Schumacher's Batmans mentioned- it's only pretty recent that all these concepts of 'reboots' and 'soft reboots' and so on have come in to common enough vernacular, and almost specifically in regards to our big nerdy genre films. It'd be interesting to think if those terms had been around in 1995, and how that would have shaped our thinking...

I know that Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes brought about the term "reimagining", but that was 2001 or so.

I'm not sure if anyone referred to the 1989 Batman as a reboot or remake, since it definitely wasn't following the Adam West-Burt Ward TV show or movie. It was just is it's own thing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sadly, I don't think this is a real cover. Check the approval stamp and compare it to the others posted.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

This, like a million other little things in the movie, fails to work because Snyder is a great director... of photography. He wants nothing but perfect, iconic images, every shot the kind of thing that would be a two-page splash in the comics.

That's pretty appropriate analogy, because while those two-page splash pages are important, a comic made entirely of them usually is a sign of bad storytelling skills.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who was it that was unmasked by some supervillain in an animated cartoon and then the villain just says "I don't know who this is"?

It was Lex Luthor, who switched bodies with the Flash. The first thing when he realized what happened was unmask him in a mirror to discover his secret identity but had no idea who the Flash is, because he's not a world-famous reporter or billionaire playboy.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

why is the bat brand a "death sentence in prison."

does bruce wayne have someone on the flip side acting as his executioner in exchange for enough commisarry to by a mackerel and honey bun millionaire?

They'll introduce the DCEU's version of Dick Grayson as an imprisoned convicted ally of Bruce Wayne that does his dirty work behind bars. He receives messages from the outside by a trained robin.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

courtesy of my 17 year old cousin on Facebook

he subtitled it with "the bias is real" lmao

Something tells me this was done by one of the guys who denied the Suicide Squad reshoots as an April Fools' Day prank that Devin Faraci fell for. Now it's "the reshoots are real but it's to add more action!".

etalian posted:

Doesn't reshoots imply they have no clue on the right overall tone and direction for Suicide Squad.

Oh, you betcha that's the issue. The word is that trailer with the Queen music isn't indicative of Ayer's finished film.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Disney magic has people legitimately excited for another Star Wars prequel. They have so much good will banked they could probably drop Two BvS's in a row and shrug it off.

Disney at least knows how to cut a trailer. I was less than enthused by the trailer for BvS but I'm hyped for Rogue One.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It is legitimately canon that Wonder Woman could beat the dogshit out of Superman. She's just as strong, and she's smarter and far more skilled in combat.

Also, far more ruthless. Supes and Batman wouldn't have killed Maxwell Lord, despite the Lasso of Truth compelling him to say that the only way to stop him is to kill him. But Wonder Woman did.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

whatever7 posted:

I don't know anything about Wonder Woman besides this movie and google image. I still think she is a worse design than Superman. I think Zack Snyder intentionally cast a flat chested woman to make WWr more "contemporary", except he cast a supermodel who can't speak English.

The problem is that Hollywood doesn't cast ballbreakers anymore and that's kinda who you'd need for a "super-serious" Wonder Woman. If it there was no Lynda Carter, an '80s Wonder Woman would likely be Brigitte Nielsen with a brunette dye-job. There's no modern contemporary to her or Sybil Danning or Sandal Bergmann, etc.

Gina Carano really should have been Wonder Woman, but I guess Snyder felt she was too threatening.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

They should have just got Lynda Carter. Sure, she's over 60 now, but they could write that into the script.

This is how she looked in 2011/2012.

Still Wonder Woman to me.

She was on the cover of some woman's magazine I saw at Walgreens about a month ago and she still looks like that. She still does plenty of acting still, like appearing in Neil Blomkamp's short "Tempbot" or usually either propping up her husband's struggling video game company Bethesda, but she mostly concentrates on her musical career as a jazz singer (part of which plays into Fallout 4, since she did original music in that game, too).

Also, probably won't have a cameo in the Wonder Woman movie because that would be a fun little bit and we can't have that in the DCEU.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Jame Cameron plans to make a Battle Angel Alita movie, so we'll get to see this.

The whole thing with the Barjack's rail gun is hilariously sad because they pour so much effort, time, and resources into it, it gets one shot off and it fails to penetrate the shield of Zalem/Tiphares and immediately after they fire it off, it gets loving melted by the electromagnetic scalar weapon of Zalem/Tiphares' defense network and then the Gally/Alita clone chops most of the gang up..

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Not looking good for BvS this weekend. It got beat out by Melissa Macarthy's The Boss on Friday by $2 million dollars.

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/box-office-melissa-mccarthy-boss-batman-v-superman-1201749145/

quote:

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and Melissa McCarthy’s “The Boss” are headed down to the wire in a tight fight for the top spot at the U.S. box office at about $22 million each this weekend.

Universal’s “The Boss” ruled Friday with an estimated $8.1 million in its opening day at 3,480 sites — $2 million better than the 15th day of “Batman v Superman,” which is projected to make up the difference during the rest of the weekend.

No matter which title tops the weekend, it will likely be the third-lowest winner of 2016. “The Revenant” won the Jan. 22-24 frame with $16 million in its fifth weekend and “Kung Fu Panda” topped the Feb. 5-7 frame with $21.2 million in its second weekend.

Mid-week forecasts had shown “Batman v Superman,” which is playing at 4,102 locations, coming in at $25 million and “The Boss” set to finish at $21 million.

If “Batman v Superman” finishes at $22 million, it will represent a 58% decline from the second weekend’s $53.1 million. The superhero tentpole slid 69% from its $166 million opening weekend, the seventh best of all time.

“Batman v Superman” is now looking to wind up this weekend with a 17-day total of around $295 million. It’s been beset by mostly negative reviews — although the notices for “The Boss” have been even less supportive with an 18% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Ehhh I'm willing to overlook Superman killing Zod because Zod outright says "the only way you're going to stop me from killing your precious humans is by killing me", and then straight up forces Superman to do it even as Superman begs him not to, and then Superman cries in anguish after he kills him. Like, it's not like Superman snapped Zod's neck and then stood over him with a smirk and a pithy one-liner, he's visibly distraught over what he had to do. That makes me think Superman is opposed to murder, but will do it if he has no other choice (and he won't enjoy it).

Granted BvS undoes this by having him be a brooding, angry rear end in a top hat, but I'm just talking about MoS in a vacuum here.

In one of Alan Moore's renditions of Superman, "Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow?", Superman kills Mister Mxyzptlk, who has been manipulating events in a final effort to destroy him. He's so distraught over the action that he decides no longer trust himself to be Superman since he killed someone and opens up a chamber of gold kryptonite to remove his powers permanently.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Rutibex posted:

wtf how do you kill Mister Mxyzptlk? its not like you can just punch him really hard

Superman whipped out his Phantom Zone projector, Mxyzptik said his name to return back to the fifth dimension to avoid capture, but Supes turned it on anyway and the result is that it effectively tore him in half by sending him to both dimensions.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Four Score posted:

J Jonah Jameson > Perry White

At least, I can tell who J. Jonah Jameson is: he's a man who intentionally shaves to get a Hitler mustache or close enough.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

It bothered me that BvS was set in a fictionalized version of our world with made-up cities, but they have contemporary talking heads from CNN and Cosmos to pull you out of it. Like make up some talking heads that work for Chanel 7 WBX in Metropolis or whatever.

Something that I was reminded of recently with all the talk about why's there a Daily Planet in MoS and BvS when print media is dying. Isn't the Daily Planet in Superman Returns actually a media conglomerate? Like print division is just one part of it, it's also a cable network.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

I don't think that's established in either movie, but it would solve two problems if they made it so:
You could have your talking heads just be character actors for "DPNN" or whatever instead of subverting your comic reality with Anderson Goddamned Cooper, and Clark's job ceases to be quite so absurd an anachronism.

Or you bring on real anchors as fake anchors, like Robocop's "Casey Wong" i.e. L.A.-area newscaster Mario Machado or CBC host Patrick Watson playing a major role in Countdown To Looking Glass (holy poo poo, that's a obscure reference)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Read Irredeemable by Mark Waid. It's basically Superman throwing a bitch tantrum and killing everyone.

Or Alan Moore's Miracleman (although the title has reverted back to Marvelman, since Marvel got the rights from MacFarlane a few years back), with both Miracleman and Kid Miracleman being two extreme sides of the same Superman coin. I wouldn't go into Kid Miracleman essentially being Superman's id run amok, but I will leave this great bit about Miracleman's relation to human governments, when he discusses world socialism with Margret Thatcher...

"Allow?"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

badjohny posted:

When people say Wonder Woman has to be dark and grim because of ww1 do they forget the first captain America? Or was ww2 all fun and rainbows in their mind?

Seems they are just using it as an excuse for more of the same from DC.

I find it hilarious because WW1 is a helluva a lot more ambiguous morally than World War 2. WW2 had a pretty clear villain in Hitler and the various Fascist regimes that supported him and doing pretty clear cut atrocities, such as invading other countries and genocide. Germans fighting in WW2 were either 1) conscripts whom fought out of ignorance of what was going on, fear of reprisals, under the mistaken belief of fighting to defend the country from Bolsheviks, and/or really had an axe to grind when it came to the French or British or 2) volunteers and elitists who actively participated in the horrors of the Nazi regime. The Germans in WW1 were basically fighting to because they wanted to hang Princip for assassinating one of their nobles and the Russians wouldn't give him up? Like huh? The motives of a German soldier in WW1 were less clear cut because most of the time, they were just drafted and sent to the front.

It's hilarious because DC's trying to emulate the villainy in WW2 with Wonder Woman fighting the Germans, but the real villains of WW1 were way behind the front lines on both sides, meaning Wonder Woman is going to chopping off heads of German conscripts who have the same culpability as their French and British counterparts.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Looks like Warner Bros. isn't putting their "cinematic universe" eggs into one basket, but are planning a Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe with the Scooby Doo reboot :rolleyes:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/12/scooby-doo-reboot-hanna-barbera-warner-bros

quote:

Most intriguing of all is S.C.O.O.B., a Scooby-Doo reboot slated for 2018 directed by Tony Cervone. In an announcement video, S.C.O.O.B. was described as “our first shot at unlocking the whole Hanna-Barbera Universe,” implying that the long-term plan is for the Scooby-Doo reboot to lead into a whole series of linked franchises based on the cartoons of William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. Warner subsidiary DC Comics is rolling out a slate of Hanna-Barbera comics; if synergy holds, we could be getting a high-octane big-screen reboot of Wacky Races as early as 2020. Heck, SeaLab 2020 could get a reboot by 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

whatever7 posted:

Since you read Mark Millar comic. Are the anal joke and the church scene the only two things the movie kept from the Kingsman comic?

The thing with Mark Hamill being one of the guys who refuses to go along with the scheme and is kidnapped was changed because he ended up playing the doctor who invents Valentine's weapon.

• Locked thread