Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
its not april yet you fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Persona 5 is quickly becoming like Last Guardian for me in that I'll believe what year it's coming out when I have a copy of it in my hands.

remember when last guardian was going to be on the ps3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hi

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lets be friends

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

i thought we already were

it was addressed to everyone

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

good

check it out i got a capture card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgqo6jCRTog

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cardboard Box A posted:

Wait didn't you have one? For THE DOG ISLAND and such?

hdmi, friend

though also a cool person sent me his dazzle so sd footage will also be improved in future!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Do you have big plans planned for it?

my plan is to continue recording short funny clips of silly games, but on consoles

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

Do people watch game streams for anything besides speed runs? I would try doing one but I don't have the dedication to any one game to play the poo poo out of it for speed runs, and I'm also not some hyperactive screaming rear end in a top hat, which seems to be the only alternative for streamers.

speedrunners are also often screaming assholes tbh

there is a streamers thread in the lp forum if you want to watch them but i can't promise they're any better

now behold katamari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDA_DPyzac

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Is that a japanese cover of the Beatles.

no. it's a cover of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-1JHvQbspM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

It's so nerdy and pointless that it loops around to being amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPfMATdVN-w

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

people obsess over the weirdest poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VideoGames posted:

On my PS3, I have the entirety of Metal Gear Solid. (1,2,3,4,5, ground zeroes and revengeance - there are probably more but I'm not very knowledgeable with them).

I've played 20 or so minutes of 1, but it is difficult and I want to jump straight to Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain because everyone gushes about them and it is apparently set in my favourite decade. Should I just suck it up and play everything in order?

go ahead and skip to whatever you like. 2 and 3 are the best imho but whatever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, play them in order. The first half hour to hour of every MGS game is hard because you have to learn how everything works. GZ and V are very different from the rest of the series. Also, everyone has different favorites, so they're all worth experiencing.

I also don't know how well V runs on the PS3. I haven't tried but I've heard mixed things.

it runs OK. 360 port is pretty bad but ps3 is alright

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

peace walker sucks dude

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

time for another lovely boss fight against a tank, woo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pplease be sure to have the box mgs1 came in handy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the spanish dub of mgs1 is better anyway

CULO ESTUPENDO

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvl6Br1sto

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cram me sideways posted:

You'll play MGS1 and 2 and be happy with the arcade stealth but then you'll put in loving MGS3 and great now the radar's loving useless and now you've got to worry about this camoflage bullshit and it's so goddamn slow and who are all these boring characters and ugh no so you move on to MGS4 and it's sixteen billion hours of Kojima's autism, just a loving slog of him smelling his own farts and yessir more weird boss battles i hope you like looking at a wet woman's rear end as she writhes on the floor and begs you to kill her heehee kojima-san you are a character!!! okay so how about MGS5 well by god it's more loving plodding godawful not fun stealth action where you have to sit still for a billion hours trying to loving plot out a route or whatever except OOPSIE you didn't notice one guard so now the whole mission's hosed; BETTER START AGAIN. oh yeah and vagina-bomb. BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE YOU GET A DOGGY AND REVOLVER OCELOT DOES A FUNNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGlLgWuR-Y

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwLLYuHd5Q

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

NOT FOR HONOR

BUT FOR YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

(snake eater)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VideoGames posted:

It is decided. I am going to do my best to get through MGS1 and play them in order!

Also I am european so my HD remastered disc might have peacewalker on it! If not I'll play it when I get to it. It comes before 5 and after 4, yes?

yeah, though it's a sequel to mgs3, so you could just play it then if you want. or not at all, if you don't like it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

mgs1 isn't that hard. just be sure you've got your box handy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Wasn't MGS1 like the only game that used the buttons in an analogue fashion, like for melee or something, or am I thinking of something else

that's mgs2 and 3. you'd hold the button lightly to raise your gun and press down to fire.

they remapped it in the hd releases.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I've decided to finally play through Hexen and its expansion, Deathkings of the Dark Citadel.

Jesus loving Christ Hexen is awful. It is just straight-up bad. It is a stupidly bad game and its expansion did not improve on anything besides letting you know if a switch affected something in another dungeon (the base game did not and instead left it to you to go back and poke around).

hexen is a bad doom mod. skip

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

hello I hope everybody is having a good day today

finished a term paper today :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

aboutdamned time!!

I am glad, and hope that you get a good grade on it

yeah seriously. still got one left to write but ive got a couple weeks for it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Man revolver ocelot is kicking my rear end. Those bouncing bullets! Is there an award for dying more than twenty times? There should be.

Also my mgs2 and 3 hd remaster disc has peace walker on it so I guess I am covered there!

on some parts if you die enough colonel calls you to explain how to win

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cram me sideways posted:

I'm posting in a loving video game forum on SA. You can't get any more embarrassing.

that's a loving cop out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLhRX1neCU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha what game is this?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/magus/cid=UP1024-NPUB31348_00-MAGUSHDD00000001

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also apparently they made an ENHANCED EDITION of deadfall adventures, the janky allan quatermain fps. but it's ps3 exclusive. why? why do this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i bought it and am enjoying myself

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Man Vulcan Raven was tough. I got run over so many times. And what the heck where was the mine detector. I must have missed something. Also running through those beams was tough as nails. I'm glad I figured out what the cigarettes did.

they reveal lasers w/ smoke yo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

mgs1 is a cool fuckin game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm going to buy a crazy JRPG today. My choices are Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy or Eternal Sonata, both for the PS3, both for the same price.

Which do I choose?

of those two, lightning returns 100%. i know it's not everyone's favorite game but eternal sonata is nobody's favorite game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bloodychill posted:

The one non-story criticism I've read about LR that sounded legit was that there weren't enough high-end outfits so the while the midgame has a lot going on, the endgame funnels you towards a certain gameplay style.

that's kind of true, because you get some special garbs when you get to the end and you'll probably just use those unless you're doing a cool gimmick loadout (i used velvet bouncer for literally the entire game, because it's awesome). and for the final boss especially pretty much everyone will have the same three super garbs and they'll just hit him with the ultima weapon a bunch since it's not very hard to get either.

• Locked thread