Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

april fools day is a tiresome and annoying loving tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FutonForensic posted:

April Fool's Day is literally, no exaggeration, a real-life version of The Purge and I fear the day that some prankster hopped up on Nuke busts into my home, murders my anime bodypillow and steals my PC

Some complete loving moron thought it would be a good idea for an April Fools Day prank to put almond extract in some steam lines in a chemical factory

(said factory works with cyanide regularly)

https://www.reddit.com/r/chemistry/comments/4cpbrh/almond_smell/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

good morning chat thread, i hate april goddamned loving first

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'd also say 7/10 yeah but that doesn't stop me having a loving blast with it once in a while

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wasn't MGS1 like the only game that used the buttons in an analogue fashion, like for melee or something, or am I thinking of something else

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh yeah

I remember thinking at the time "those buttons are analog?!"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Any game with a class that wields two shields is a game I can support

ToME owns, I should go actually beat that some day

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Man Whore posted:

It actually worked out because I really hated the song that started to play in mexico so I just got off my horse.

mods???????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Also good morning chat thread, I got unexpectedly dinged for $500 on my taxes this year and now I'm sad and broke. I hope you all are doing better!

(except that Man Whore guy. Bad taste, that)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I was originally playing a sorcerer but my melee game was so weak that I got stomped, then I went for a cleric and got tired of the Greatsword, and now I'm not even sure what I want. A smarter approach to sorcerer, I suppose. What would people recommend for a dex sorcerer in terms of early-game weapons?

This was always my problem with playing the DS games and Bloodborne, in that I could never decide what sort of character to play as/weapons to use, and eventually the answer would become "none of them; play something else"

:(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

The Genesis one is also kind of terrible overall.

Objectively you're probably right but I'm afraid we're still gonna have to duel over this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was gonna post a sick rebuttal of a good Shadowrun Genesis track but then I ran into a problem so have some Gauntlet 4 music instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGd395iSD80

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mr E posted:

I didn't enjoy the bosses too much in that game

I thought they were pretty good though the final boss was kind of anticlimactic

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theultimo posted:

I like v better, bet revengence has the best music and the vocals kicking in during the final phase is the most badass thing ever

More games need music/game play coordination like this, yes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:jiggled:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

good morning chat thread

nightmares are awful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm probably all alone in this but I juuuust can't find myself caring about DS3

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did you like the rest of the series?

I loved DeS to death, loved (sans adverb phrase) DS1, was meh to DS2, and barely played Bloodborne at all

I just grew out of liking that gameplay style over time I guess :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Looking forward to the rise of easy&shortcore prominence in the video game zeitgeist.

Uncertain if you're being ironic here but in case you're not, so am I

With a very small number of exceptions (monster hunter and ffxiv basically) shorter games seem to do it for me nowadays. Downwell and Gremlins, Inc have been my jam for a while

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh also ShellShock Live, this game is bringing back memories of 5 year old me murdering everyone in scorched earth

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Healbot posted:

Of course, it was a murder she wrote.

granted it was the obvious joke to make but i'm still booing you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wildstar?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

i never watched pokemon because it helped contribute to Freakazoid's cancellation and i have held a grudge against it ever since

Wait is this actually true because gently caress everything if so

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

If you say what I think you're going to say then you and my childhood self can no longer be friends :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

VoidBurger posted:

So it's been over a solid month of games-related horrible drama/news.
-Tracer's rear end
-Alison Rapp
-Baldur'sGate-Gate
-Tobuscus
-Then there's this guy doing this poo poo that proves gamedev needs unions.

What's gonna happen next week? Is Gabe Newell gonna die?

NO TRUE SCOTSMAN

god that pdf is cringeworthy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Well this year already has Overwatch, Dick Squirrels 3, and Tomb Raider (technically released in 2015 for XBox but that doesn't count). And they're all lookin' pretty good. Probably some other ones I'm forgetting.

Last year had a bunch of games too but the only one I really really liked was Life is Strange.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As well as The Witness and XCOM2.

Technically this year also has Darkest Dungeon, which owned right up to (but not including) the rather grindy end

I wonder if that's been updated in the last three months

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hm, it's 1:10 in the morning and I've failed to fall asleep over the last two hours

This bodes ill for the work day and the gaming after

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So did the PC port of DS3 turn out ok, I'm still leery after all the shenanigans with the DS1 port

Thinking of picking it up this weekend

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I keep wanting to play DS3 but before I buy it I remember how little I actually played Bloodborne and keep turning away

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Since it's been about a week have people found the flaws in DS3 yet like they did with DS2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I meant more to ask what they are

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Go to the thread. And I"m not being snarky, everyone has their own ideas of what they dont' like

Bosses are too easy. Sword and board is too easy. Enemies are too hard. PVP sucks. Too many estus flasks.

Magic is not good til mid game. Game is too linear.

That's off the top of my head in what they brought up about in the souls thread.

I did, there were no responses and it moves too fast to find anything

So thanks for the clarifications :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

We got Overwatch coming out in May, too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Motto posted:

Yamauchi only took up the company on the condition that all his relatives were kicked out.

Yamauchi was an amazingly awful person and now I kind of want to read Game Over again

Wonder if I still have my copy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

"staying forever inside a videogame is bad"

"haha i know better you loving idiot" -- a goon

I was about to quote to agree (and still am) when I realized it was corn in the bible writing this post, what the hell happened to your title

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

axleblaze posted:

The best final fantasy is mystic quest

a man after my own heart

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mistle posted:

I think anyone who hasn't played it should play this, it does great things and can maybe convince the non-jrpg folks to consider turn-based strategy. Plus, there's no random fights and you can lean on the assist member hard if need be, but the game has great music, good turn-based play, and the quintessential "four crystals" plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0

I still have this on cart at home, it was a choice find after being pigeonholed for several years.

That's too much, I'm done. :roflolmao:

Yeah FFMQ isn't a brilliant game by any stretch but it's short and fun anyway, and it gives you a gentle hug if you mess up which kid me thought was nice :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maxresdefault(2).jpg The .jpg holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Someone do Joshua the Hedgehog for me so I can check later, I don't dare while I'm at work :v:

• Locked thread