Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This is gonna get even better now that they've established the rest of the season with this episode. I missed this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trabant posted:

Cheryl's "He's Jewish? EWW!" line was out there.
You really can't say poo poo like that....

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

How many other shows on TV right now have fan arguments over obscure and semi-obscure references? None, that's how many. God bless Archer.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tarlibone posted:

You should hang out in the Venture Bros. thread some time. Hell, why not now? We just finished with Season 6, and Season 7 is no more than 2 years away!
My apologies for forgetting that one, especially since I saw that season and am anticipating whenever the next one is.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's the origin of it, but they've been doing those jokes for the whole series, like Rabbert Klein.
Was this the first instance of Archer being outpunned?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Man, was that episode great. The first one was good, but it was more dedicated to setting up the premise of this season. Now we're hitting the ground running.

Good to see the "Mulatto Butts" ringtone make a comeback.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

HopperUK posted:

The fine detail in the animation of Cyril cleaning his glasses pleased me greatly. I'm not sure I ever saw someone do that in a cartoon before.
They've got a lot of money to work with this season and the animation has improved as a result. Apparently, it's pretty hard to pull off something like the gang spinning around in chairs.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was the best episode of Archer in quite a while, and we're just on the third episode of the season.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wonder who else they got for guest voices this season. We'll surely hear more Patton Oswalt, J.K. Simmons, and Keenan Michael Key, plus Jon Daly and Jon Glaser were in this episode (although they are obviously one-offs).

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

All of the Archer gang are awful people in their own little ways. Except for Pam. She's just a hedonist.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

And a literal clone of Hitler.
Hey, possible clone.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That's a pretty good comparison, actually.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

He coulda been AJ's baby daddy but he hosed up there too.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Carol and Malory are straight up racist.
Mallory is Lucille Bluth but a cartoon character.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'd ask if the story behind "Edisoning an elephant" is real, but Archer is very good at these kinds of references. Also, Edison was a dick.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Replace Archer's snarky wit with rage and vengeance and you have Barry. I think he's good in small doses. Barry sounded like an angry Carl from Aqua Teen a few times in this episode, which makes sense since they're both voiced by the same guy.

Hollismason posted:

It's even funnier when you know the first law of robotics

A Robot may not harm a human being or through inaction allow a human being to be harmed

Well, we all know how Pam Cheryl feels about pain and sex.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 23, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The unforgivable thing about Archer Vice was turning Pam (yes, I meant "Cheryl" in my last post) from my favorite character on the show to a one-joke pony.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

New dad Archer is still good for a lot of smartass quips, even if he isn't actively pissing off the gang because he's a sociopath anymore.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I disagree too. I hate going "lol sperg" because of a difference in opinion, but I feel this is the most fun I've had watching Archer since the third season. The third episode was great, probably my favorite one since "Lo Scandolo." I doubt anything will ever beat the one-two punch of "Placebo Effect" and "El Secuestro," but we've still got a bunch of episodes left.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Look I like Hockey but I basically have a chemical dependency to football.
You're obviously not a Giants fan. I need new Archer more than ever.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I hosed you on a blimp.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cheryl has a big stupid grin on her face.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Pinky Brewster"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I love how he's not even acknowledging "phrasing" as a punchline and just using it as normal conversation.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wow, no wonder why Cheryl was so stoked to be a hostage.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

How did they come right back to S1-3 quality after the okay of 4 and the dreck of the last two years?
Hey, I'm not questioning it. Personally, I thought last season was an improvement of the two seasons before.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I dunno if anyone watched Obama's last White House Correspondent's speech last night, but the Photoshop of Michelle Obama suspended on wires tending to her White House garden gave me Lana vibes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm so turned on I'm starting to get dehydrated.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

...shitter's clogged!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

I like how Cyril's deviancy saved the day here
Did it, though? Everyone got their asses kicked, the gang got arrested, and they didn't get paid to boot. Plus this was all just a test by Cheryl so she could watch the world burn.

That was another one for the great episodes file. And of course Cyril knows about negging.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This season is awesome and I hate that it's a shorter one.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Are these the same writers as the last couple years and if so, did someone constantly kill their dogs and friends and family members for the last few years?
Uh... what?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The only Hueys I know about are one of Donald Duck's nephews and the former governor of Louisiana. It's a fair question to ask.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay, so, Veronica Dean killed that guy. I don't know how, but she did it. She's also the one behind all those weird insurance shell companies Cyril found. She's somehow rigged it so she gets the money if production stops, which it has and which is good for her since she drowning in dept.

I'm I just stating the obvious, or am I way off base? How likely does that sound?
All of that, plus the fact that it would make for a big "told you so" moment for Lana regarding Archer cheating on her, makes it way too obvious that it's Veronica. There's gotta be a twist coming.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

the running gag of Archer not being able to drive his Italian sports car is hilarious to me
Hey, it's cheaper to get it towed than to drive it. What do you want from him?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

To be fair, it's Archer, they can get away with leaving loose ends by literally saying "oh poo poo, we forgot [insert plotline]".
Or, in the case of Ray this season, they resolve it just by saying that's the way it is.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Whatever Archer's plan is, it's gotta be a real long con.

This season started out strong, but I think it ran out of gas by the last three episodes, culminating in one real obvious ending (Veronica did it) and one ending that was shocking for two minutes but seemed really obvious in hindsight (the real Archer died). It definitely wasn't a waste of time because there were some episodes at the beginning that were really funny, but they definitely didn't stick the landing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh, I'm almost certain that there will be at least one more season after this one, both because of ratings and the fact that it's in syndication.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If Season 5 was Miami Vice, and this season was Magnum P.I., then it's looking like next season will be The Six Million Dollar Man, since Krieger's cybernetics will have to be top-notch.

The fact that I'm already predicting what Archer might be next season is kinda sad. Predictability isn't this show's strong suit.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

not gonna lie, I didn't see the Archer clone coming at the end.
I didn't either, but in retrospect, it was something I should have seen coming from miles away.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Titan posted:

I hope it's renewed because the PI theme works really well for the show.
The first seven episodes had some of the funniest moments on Archer since Season 3. They didn't stick the landing, though.

• Locked thread