Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

zidane13 posted:

I enjoy drawing more than drawing well. that's probably an issue.

If you can do something that makes you happy, that's not an issue.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Kangaroo Pouch posted:

hi i am kind of intimidated by this thread but i drew this yesterday and i am very happy with it! (should i nws this? shes got her boobs out a bit but i dunno if it counts as nws)

also i love all of the art in this thread u guys are all great at what u do

Thanks for posting, and please never be intimidated here in BYOB!

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

2 cool, tho

I'm going to call him Lumpy

Lumpy seems hungry.

Robot Made of Meat

This is a good drawing.

Robot Made of Meat

Mrs. GSJG is lovely as always!

Robot Made of Meat

super mario batali posted:

A photo of the gilded skies:

I'm too terrified to look out of plane windows. I spend the entire flight repeating to myself "Tall bus . . Tall bus!"

Nice pic, though.

Robot Made of Meat

Wow. You guys are making me feel good. In real life nobody cares about my art and I literally can't give it away.

This I find impossible to believe. You're amazing, GSJG. As is your muse.

Robot Made of Meat

5a looks like she'd be sad. 6b looks like she'd stab ghosts with magic swords.

Robot Made of Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm gonna dump some of my art to stop everyone (key phrase: everyone) from looking any worse

Silk screen print of birbs

Monoprints made with block printing ink

I like these arts.

Robot Made of Meat

Macnult posted:

i looked more into that pen/ink art style and found a bunch of rembrandt drawings which led me to making this:

Very nice!

Robot Made of Meat

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Here's the thing I said I was gonna make last week. I thought the original ink drawing posted had sort of a stitched look to it, so I was going to recreate it with thread on burlap, but I found a bunch of cool embroidery projects on pinterest so I decided to make this instead to try and practice for something more elaborate

Wow! That's really good.

Robot Made of Meat

Gatekeeper posted:

xmas prezzie for mom because she actually sincerely enjoys things i make for her and doesn't just say that to make me feel better :unsmith:

never painted a landscapey thing before, I kinda did this particular stream with my pupper running free through cold crisp dirty staten island water entirely from memory and I feel like the furthest background is a bit fucky.

should there be like, a trace of a slightly darker shaded hill behind this? with even tinier fuzzy hard-to-make-out trees? i like all of it except that far background. i'll surely spend now until the last possible shipping date noodling around with it so any advice from you talented yobbers is cool and nice and appreciated :)

Nice painting, and good dog! I agree that the background behind the trees is a bit bleak and could use something, but overall it's very good.

Robot Made of Meat

We're all very glad you decided to join us here, Rushi!

Robot Made of Meat

Are you sure that one dot is in the right place? I mean, I don't want to criticize or anything . . .

Robot Made of Meat

Macnult posted:

Here's a wooden figurine I drew today:

What an odd looking . . . . figurine.

Robot Made of Meat

Rushi posted:

Heres an old koala I figured I should post in byob :3:

Your tiny drawings are consistently chipping away at my flinty heart, Rushi.

Robot Made of Meat

Macnult posted:

I guess that'd be the word for it? it's a mini wooden statue (~7" tall) my grandmother gave me years ago

I was making a reference to the blockbuster motion picture experience, "Doom House." It was the must-see movie of 2005.

Robot Made of Meat

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

thanks! it's nice to hear from people that i make nice yarn, it's a big confidence boost for me. that's my ashford wee peggy; it's #3 out of 16 that they made, so if your wife has the same one we should high five! i taught at the store that sold all 16. :D i have an unknowable number of other wheels, it is embarrassing.

this is what i did this morning:

my friend wants 12 mini-skeins of this BFL/silk that is dyed in different shades. that's roughly a laceweight 2-ply, rustic spun because of the bockety rear end fiber prep. i'm not super happy with it, but she is, so whatever. i've got 9 more skeins to spin and ply, then wash and set, and then send them off in a cake box.

that kitty needs and wants and deserves your love plus whatever chicken you are eating right now immediately give it to the catte.
The pictures you post of what you make are very lovely, ladybeard, and it's good that it makes you and others happy! :)

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 1, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

I don't generally post drawings at this point in the process, but I haven't posted anything in a while.

I like this! (but then, I like most of your art.)

Robot Made of Meat

Rushi posted:

I procrastinate :D

It was worth the wait!

Robot Made of Meat

Robot Made of Meat

Rushi posted:

its a little confusing here at first but there's a rhythm to it. also you should say hi in the stuck chat thread so everyone can ask you about your pets and hobbies :)

And crimes!

Robot Made of Meat

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I've been obsessively making linoprints. Nothing beats carvin' that buttery rubber!

Nice stuff!

Robot Made of Meat

I figure since I post so many drawing of my wife, you guys would like to see her art.

This one is called 'The Tide Against Moloch' - 3" x 4" pen and paint on card

'Danger and Dangerous Assumptions' - Acrylic on board

She's well good, and her style, composition and subject matter all differ from mine so greatly that there is almost no competition between us, which is a thing that frequently breaks up artist couples.

These are good arts.

Robot Made of Meat

Chill la Chill posted:

Hope this is ok. Not exactly drawings but I do paint models from time to time. Not as well as our resident spaceman though

This is a ship from the cartoon show "Rebels". It's a fast ship, so I wanted to make it look like a racecar~

Art is art, Chill. And art is good.

Robot Made of Meat

Professor Shark posted:

Can furniture concept art be considered art? This is my next project:

It's a foot stool/ step stool/ sitting-on-after-mowing-the-lawn-and-drinking-a-beer stool I want to make. I'm going with the design on the very bottom of the page, I found some recast vintage bottle openers I want to attach to a couple sides.

I like these drawings very much. Have you noticed that you have a handle fetish? Anyway, it's good, and it's indeed art.

Robot Made of Meat

:)

Robot Made of Meat

Cray-Pas?

Robot Made of Meat

:yayclod:

I think it came out terrible, but I spent so much time making it, I should at least show somebody. On the plus side, I'm back in BYOB!

I don't think it came out terrible at all. The last person who should judge an artist's work is the artist.

Robot Made of Meat

pogi posted:

I've been reviewing anatomy by drawing bones every now and then. My handwriting is god awful.

You aren't even in the running for godawful handwriting, Pogi!

Robot Made of Meat

Spinster posted:

Ok. I make jewelry as a hobby for a decade, but enjoy drawing much more, started combining them a couple years ago. So I make the cards, earrings, and draw pictures on the cards to accent the jewelry. This Christmas tree branch was drawn with eyeliners.

That is a good card of a tree with earrings.

Robot Made of Meat

Macnult posted:

thanks for keeping the thread alive Tiberius Thyben

here’s a sloth

Excellent sloth. Alert our friend Adiabatic.

Robot Made of Meat

Tiberius Thyben posted:

BF texted me an art he drew and it is very BYOB so I am posting it here.

Is BF related to Rushi?

Robot Made of Meat

Spinster posted:

The Goone's deliver presents to their other neighbors.

Robot Made of Meat

Tiberius Thyben posted:

More small BF doodles!

Robot Made of Meat

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Prof in my Late Roman History class, asked me to draw Saint Augustine as a Manitee, after a student was briefly very confused as they had no idea what a Manichean was. Possibly the dumbest thing BF and I have yet drawn.

I approve!

Robot Made of Meat

Scroon posted:

Hey I did a art or two, experimenting with crayon melting. Think I'm slowly figuring out to do these better

Interesting stuff. I didn't know crayon melting was a thing.

Robot Made of Meat

I like the nurse shark.

Robot Made of Meat

Mousedoodler posted:

a laid back mouse on an easygoing beach, a mouse doodle tibs and I doodled together for the yob! (he has at long last returned me to this world of pastelly goodness)

Welcome back, doodler of mouses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Yay for Rushi doodles.

• Locked thread