Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Sergg posted:

I mean c'mon, Rains of Castamere. Red Wedding. That's how the Lannisters roll. They crush their enemies underfoot. It's a tradition. I'm only curious as to what they'll do to Lansel Lannister the traitor.

The problem here is twofold:

1) When Tywin did all of that the Lanisters were actually wealthy and well supplied. At this point in the story the family's coffers are empty and all of the their gold mines are exhausted. The only thing they've got at this point is the illusion of wealth and power. The war of five kings has also exhausted most of their supplies and troops in the area around the capitol. Also the Iron Throne itself is bankrupt, and has defaulted on its loan from the Iron Bank so they would be unable to borrow to finance putting down the revolt as well.

2) Cersei has alienated her uncle who is now the Lord of Casterly Rock. If Cersei and Jamie drive King's Landing to open revolt there is probably no back-up coming from the west, or if it is it would solely be to extract Tommenen and keep him safe. That would leave them with only the Gold Cloaks (who suck as demonstrated in the battle of King's Landing) and a meager handful of personal Lanister guards to secure the whole city.

That all said, Cersei is an idiot, and will most likely start something she can't finish. I see her killing the High Septon, starting a revolt, getting overwhelmed and besieged in the Red Keep, and resorting to setting off all of the wild fire that's hidden beneath the city to try and put it down.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also where's that one young stark at? The crippled dudes younger brother. They just sort of always glossed right over him but never implied his death. He just chilling somewhere or what? He exists right?

In the books he's being hidden by the wealthiest lord in the North named Manderly. He's pretty awesome. At one point he secretly has a couple of Frays killed and baked into a mincemeat pie that he serves to a combined Bolton/Fray army.

As far as I can tell he hasn't even been mentioned in the show which is a shame.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Godholio posted:

Not reading the spoilers, but I think the Umbars are loving with Ramsey. He wouldn't do any of the traditional lordship things, called Roose a oval office and traitor, and that direwolf's head looked awfully small.

But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

This is probably what's going to happen given that in the books Rickon is in the care of Wyman Manderly who is most definitely trying to bring down the Boltons from inside the alliance.

They could easily switch it to the Umbers since none of the other Manderly related storylines have made it into the show.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Just start looping that for his episodes I guess.

lol

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

gently caress the haters. Baelish owns and I'm really stoked to see where his storyline is going on both the show and the books.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Flikken posted:

Are there really any characters left we should be sympathetic with? Out of the Starks all I can think of is Rickon unless it's his dumbass fault that he and his wildling caretaker got caught.

Podrick Payne and Davos.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Godholio posted:

I haven't read them in a couple of years so I can't remember that detail, but in the show I thought it was presented as a punishment for being a fuckup.

That's what I remember too. Plus she spends way longer blind and becomes more or less functional by the time she is cured.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

gfanikf posted:

Since I kind of only got into the show via my wife around 4 season, I know Wildfire is like napalm, but is it something really hard to make?

In the books it's at least semi-magical.

One of the sub plots in the books that the show hasn't really talked about that much is the state of magic in the world. Basically the world was full of magic and it vanished a long time ago as evidenced by things like the dragons dying off. Its been gone for so long that most normal people no longer believe in it at all which is why no one believes the Night's Watch when they say the White Walkers are back. For some reason though magic is starting to return to the world: the White Walkers are back, dragons are back, Red Priests can suddenly bring people back from the dead, etc.

The Alchemist Guild who makes wildfire actually used to be the primary advisors to the nobility before the Maesters. Their influence waned as magic died off because their methods stopped working whereas the Maesters use a quasi-enlightenment era rationality that doesn't rely on magic. In the books the remaining Alchemists tell Cersi that their production of wildfire is well ahead of schedule because their formulas are suddenly "producing more then they used to."

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can assure you, those tits were hosed straight off.

She is an expert at the Finger Dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Godholio posted:

Is that supposed to be the last book? Or will it just end up being the last one when GRRM dies and Kevin Anderson swoops in to ruin finish it?

I read somewhere he's planning on seven books, so there would be one more after WoW but lol at seeing GRRM finish either.

• Locked thread